Other drivers

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, 2strokemerc said:

Lately every time I've seen a Quebec license plate it's on some assholes car doddling in the left lane.

exactly

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/highway-401-will-expand-to-12-lanes-in-mississauga-1.2861104

The number of lanes on the 401 vary depending on where you are. Close to me near Pearson airport where you find essentially the meeting of highways 401, 427, with 400 a short distance east and 410 a short distance west, it's 18 lanes. Just west of that stretch it is being widened to 12 lanes. Based on the number of trips per day the 401 is North Americas busiest highway.

I'll take the 401 over a lot of the highways in other parts of Ontario. Go north and get stuck behind a guy in a clapped out rust bucket that can't even get up to speed then can't pass because of bends, hills or oncoming traffic. When you do pass the muffler is shot and the guy has a death grip on the wheel. On the 401 he would be pulled over and the car taken off the road.

Edited by 02sled

15 minutes ago, 02sled said:

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/highway-401-will-expand-to-12-lanes-in-mississauga-1.2861104

The number of lanes on the 401 vary depending on where you are. Close to me near Pearson airport where you find essentially the meeting of highways 401, 427, with 400 a short distance east and 410 a short distance west, it's 18 lanes. Just west of that stretch it is being widened to 12 lanes. Based on the number of trips per day the 401 is North Americas busiest highway.

I'll take the 401 over a lot of the highways in other parts of Ontario. Go north and get stuck behind a guy in a clapped out rust bucket that can't even get up to speed then can't pass because of bends, hills or oncoming traffic. When you do pass the muffler is shot and the guy has a death grip on the wheel. On the 401 he would be pulled over and the car taken off the road.

So 24 like I said.

Just now, xcr700 said:

No shit. That's the kinda shit that suicide is made out of :flush:

Its not that bad...you just have to stay away during rush hr times....myself I take the 407 toll road...Ive yet to pay....as i only take it while pulling a long trailer or when I have the tailgate down because of either a quad or a sled in the bed....they will ticket if you have the tailgate down without a reason.

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

So 24 like I said.

No I think that would be 6 each way. That section around the 410 is a total fuck up. I avoid it both directions when ever I can by using the 407. But I have a transponder.

4 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

No I think that would be 6 each way. That section around the 410 is a total fuck up. I avoid it both directions when ever I can by using the 407. But I have a transponder.

6 each way would not be counting the collectors...which are part of the 401.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Traffic camera of the 401 hwy in Toronto. Traffic is light right now. Starting around 3:00 PM it will be bumper to bumper. Widest point I believe is a total of 16 lanes, 8 in each direction.

Capture1.JPG.b66af15e71ec1765db7a264c2e90dd23.JPG

Not even close to the widest section :guzzle:

24 minutes ago, Dave said:

Its not that bad...you just have to stay away during rush hr times....myself I take the 407 toll road...Ive yet to pay....as i only take it while pulling a long trailer or when I have the tailgate down because of either a quad or a sled in the bed....they will ticket if you have the tailgate down without a reason.

Seriously? ?probably get a ticket for having a hitch on with no trailer too 

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Got another one from just today!  The fuckers who have a whole parking lot to park in, yet park so close to you, you wonder how they crawled out of their vehicle without dinging yours.  

I'm a big guy ,getting in my Rio at a mall,some pos parks so close to me,light cannot be seen between the cars....I proceed to kick in one of his doors ,then crawl through my hatch to get in my car :lol:

Had another idiot who parked in front of my garage so I couldn't get in when I came home from work.  Nobody in the car,and I'm laying on the horn for a while. So I proceed to hook up my tow strap from my 460 bronco to his pos Taurus and pull him out into the middle of the street.  Then I go in and park and have a glass of rye for a job well done :lol:

• Like 2

• Gold Member

I always like to drop a gear to slow down when tailgaters.  No brake lights that way.  Pretty sure I have seen lattes hit windshields in my rear view mirror several times

• Like 1