60-120 in 6 seconds ????

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Every light was related to the yaw sensor and clock spring ....it got fucked up when the alignment was done prior to me owning the car. It took five minutes to fix at the mitsu dealer and had nothing to do with the tune

Still doesn't change the fact that whoever built that car is a complete hack 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

You're the only person I've ever heard of who parted out a fucking car, because the hack who built it, didn't do something as simple as tightening up the flywheel bolts :lol:  God only knows what else would have gone wrong with it , had you had it longer :lol:

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You're the only person I've ever heard of who parted out a fucking car, because the hack who built it, didn't do something as simple as tightening up the flywheel bolts :lol:  God only knows what else would have gone wrong with it , had you had it longer :lol:

I'd imagine the flywheel and clutch carnage was due to my missing a shift and repeatedly trying to launch the car at high rpm and slipping the clutch. But if it was a mistake by whoever built it that sucks

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, f7ben said:

thats pretty quick for a full size truck .....I sure as fuck wouldnt want to do 140 in one though ......you are one little upset away from being scattered into a billion pieces 

Well if you knew how to drive

:lol::popcornchair::bc:..kidding!! 

That's why I got rid of it,..it was just stupid,.. I have a bone stock gmc, 5.3..slower than MC at a urinal in a bar bathroom when you have to piss like a racehorse.. But I'm working on something way out of the ordinary at the moment,.. A Nissan 350z/Toyota turbo mash-up..maybe by the end of the summer..600hp + easy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Well if you knew how to drive

:lol::popcornchair::bc:..kidding!! 

That's why I got rid of it,..it was just stupid,.. I have a bone stock gmc, 5.3..slower than MC at a urinal in a bar bathroom when you have to piss like a racehorse.. But I'm working on something way out of the ordinary at the moment,.. A Nissan 350z/Toyota turbo mash-up..maybe by the end of the summer..600hp + easy

2jz swap or what???

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'd imagine the flywheel and clutch carnage was due to my missing a shift and repeatedly trying to launch the car at high rpm and slipping the clutch. But if it was a mistake by whoever built it that sucks

I highly doubtful the flywheel bolt issue was from a missed shift and launch failures.  You would have caused other damage like broken shafts and synchros, not loosened a boot. And you had no other damage , so.......

Got a partially completed project, so swap was done, but it never ran, rebuilt motor, new turbo, intercooler, radiator, injectors,  fuel management, among a gazillion things,..problems now is racepak display wiring and front clip fitting over rad and intercooler,.. I'll shoot you some pics..

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I highly doubtful the flywheel bolt issue was from a missed shift and launch failures.  You would have caused other damage like broken shafts and synchros, not loosened a boot. And you had no other damage , so.......

No idea ....Are those bolts supposed to have a permanent thread sealant???? Maybe they were torque to yield and not meant to be resused. I have no idea. Sucks that it happened though. Destroyed a $5,000 clutch setup

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Got a partially completed project, so swap was done, but it never ran, rebuilt motor, new turbo, intercooler, radiator, injectors,  fuel management, among a gazillion things,..problems now is racepak display wiring and front clip fitting over rad and intercooler,.. I'll shoot you some pics..

Nice , I'm a sucker for projects like that .....but I'm learning as I was told that they mostly end up money pits and if you arent extremely talented they usually never run right :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Post the pics here. Sounds like a fun project. :bc: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nice , I'm a sucker for projects like that .....but I'm learning as I was told that they mostly end up money pits and if you arent extremely talented they usually never run right :lol: 

I know some peeps that, know their shit..no worries 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No idea ....Are those bolts supposed to have a permanent thread sealant???? Maybe they were torque to yield and not meant to be resused. I have no idea. Sucks that it happened though. Destroyed a $5,000 clutch setup

More than likely they reused bolts and didn't use any thread locker on them. Or they used different bolts and didn't put thread locker on them.  And/Or they possibly just didn't get tightened. Either way, those bolts shouldn't have came loose, no matter how many shifts you missed or slipping the clutch trying to launch.  NHRA Funnycars and dragsters put out a lot more power, and abuse the clutches and flywheels a lot more than you did, and they don't loosen up flywheel bolts 

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

More than likely they reused bolts and didn't use any thread locker on them. Or they used different bolts and didn't put thread locker on them.  And/Or they possibly just didn't get tightened. Either way, those bolts shouldn't have came loose, no matter how many shifts you missed or slipping the clutch trying to launch.  NHRA Funnycars and dragsters put out a lot more power, and abuse the clutches and flywheels a lot more than you did, and they don't loosen up flywheel bolts 

there was no thread locker on the bolts , I checked

13 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Well that's definitely a big no no.

I did a bunch of research into the shop that built the car and they were very well regarded .....guess I got the new guy working on my clutch or something. Car would have probably still been in my garage if it werent for that 

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ahh no .....it would be far safer than many cars that have gone that fast. Plenty of downforce , $1500 worth of z rated tires , lowered on swift springs and a lot of electronic nannies keeping the car straight :lol: 

Looooooose flywheel bolts flying up through the floor and into a nostril is a sure way to die.

16 minutes ago, Boered said:

Looooooose flywheel bolts flying up through the floor and into a nostril is a sure way to die.

the bolts would have to fly through a many layers of aluminum and steel to get to my nose .......not likely to happen 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the bolts would have to fly through a many layers of aluminum and steel to get to my nose .......not likely to happen 

Can you not just laugh.....??

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Shit happens man just be happy you survived that car cause it probably could have hurt you bad :)