Cut the cord

8 minutes ago, sledderj said:

That's how our TSN app works.  You have to be a TV subscriber to TSN for the app to work.  Ginger is right though, if you have someone else's login cred's, then you could use those.  I'm just not sure what happens if they get more than one login request from the same ID at the same time.  It might kick one out.  

most things allow for a couple to be on at once and you can usually get multiple email addresses to spread that further. i have issues with Netflix at camp when i go to bed sometimes as the boy and daughter can be on it so I'll just jump on hulu or HBO go.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Shit...just thought of something else.  Any of you run mulitple media devices at the same time?  We are just running the one TV with it now in addition to ipads/phones.  What does it do to the quality if we are streaming several TV shows/devices at once?  I think need a better Wifi modem for sure.

I can have 3-4 devices streaming at once,  but I have 100 Mbps broadband so it handles it.  The boys PS4 is hardwired,  my daughter and I stream on an Amazon stick and the living room TV's got a roku box.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

if you can hardwire do that as the wifi is often the limiting thing.  I have a google mesh network in my house which has worked better than my previous system 

Good point!  :bc:

33 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Go back to elementary school :lol: 

You got to love the dago midget penis head Ballsack who  thinks he is a wordsmith :lol: some sort of literary scholar cuz it matters so much on some internet forum :lmao: fucings shit for brains just cant understand basic common sense shit 

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Iptv get hundreds of hd channels including sports for 15 a month.  

Is that what Bell Fibe is??? is this just a pirated version, whats the reliability like? :news: Faggot 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Is that what Bell Fibe is??? is this just a pirated version, whats the reliability like? :news: Faggot 

Not bell.  Reliability has been good so far for about 5 months.  Just need unlimited Internet from one of the  major guys.   It's a Grey area legally.  It streaming basically live TV. With a guide which I hated not having on kodi 

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Not bell.  Reliability has been good so far for about 5 months.  Just need unlimited Internet from one of the  major guys.   It's a Grey area legally.  It streaming basically live TV. With a guide which I hated not having on kodi 

Whats the setup is it just a fee site you log on for the $15 and they have reliable streams and their own app?? that you run on your own android box??? :dunno: 

13 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Whats the setup is it just a fee site you log on for the $15 and they have reliable streams and their own app?? that you run on your own android box??? :dunno: 

Correct.  You can usually do free trials.  You pay them and get access to their app on any android type box.  Has a guide and all.  Works for my folks who hate not having the guide to watch the  same episodes of big bang theory or what not they have seen a million times :lol: 

40 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Shit...just thought of something else.  Any of you run mulitple media devices at the same time?  We are just running the one TV with it now in addition to ipads/phones.  What does it do to the quality if we are streaming several TV shows/devices at once?  I think need a better Wifi modem for sure.

We have a terrible ISP connection.  5MB down at it's best and often less than that.  It still actually works pretty well with that, but if you get any more than three streams going, it can get laggy.  

24 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Iptv get hundreds of hd channels including sports for 15 a month.  

I'm going to take a look at that next.  If I can get reliable hockey and football, then it's upgrade the internet speed and cut the cable.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

You can use their modem and get yourself a good Wi-Fi router.  I was doing some research because I'm replacing our DSL and T1 line at the office with a single fiber line.  I understand the DSL Wi-Fi modems from your ISP are basically shit for streaming multiple devices.  I got a Netgear Wi-Fi router that has 4 data streams at the higher 5 GHz bandwidth.  This will handle all the phones, computers, and streaming without any problem.  The drop in performance on those ISP Wi-Fi devices is unbelievable once you go any distance and have multiple devices hooked up to them.  I got the Netgear Nighthawk 10 for the office.  They run around $400, but there are many others for less than half that that would work great for your house. :bc: 

14 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

You can use their modem and get yourself a good Wi-Fi router.  I was doing some research because I'm replacing our DSL and T1 line at the office with a single fiber line.  I understand the DSL Wi-Fi modems from your ISP are basically shit for streaming multiple devices.  I got a Netgear Wi-Fi router that has 4 data streams at the higher 5 GHz bandwidth.  This will handle all the phones, computers, and streaming without any problem.  The drop in performance on those ISP Wi-Fi devices is unbelievable once you go any distance and have multiple devices hooked up to them.  I got the Netgear Nighthawk 10 for the office.  They run around $400, but there are many others for less than half that that would work great for your house. :bc: 

^^^^this

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

if you can hardwire do that as the wifi is often the limiting thing.  I have a google mesh network in my house which has worked better than my previous system 

Depends on the switch speed, 1g sure, 100 meg, you got a lousey router.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Depends on the switch speed, 1g sure, 100 meg, you got a lousey router.

Yes that works for local traffic.  If the outside speed is 100 down there will be some loss with wireless.  A 1 or 10gb router is nice but you aren't going to see a benefit from streaming assuming it isn't a 10 year old router.  

34 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

Models and Names we need names and model numbers :news: 

43 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Yes that works for local traffic.  If the outside speed is 100 down there will be some loss with wireless.  A 1 or 10gb router is nice but you aren't going to see a benefit from streaming assuming it isn't a 10 year old router.  

We see it when we copy VM's across our network.:lol: