Cut the cord

1 hour ago, jammin said:

Bills are out of control for sure.  110 North and 160 South.....I do get 100$ from the company per month so that pretty much pays north...

I also have chrome cast which we hardly use now with smart sets. But it did a kick ass job when we used it.   :bc: 

The Roku is pretty sweet. If it weren't for sports I would fist fuck Charter for the pure pleasure of it. #Merica

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

The Roku is pretty sweet. If it weren't for sports I would fist fuck Charter for the pure pleasure of it. #Merica

Charter North / Spectrum South-  Same company and they piss me the hell off more than you can imagine. 20$ / month for redzone each location?  I tried making 1 account with 2 addresses (bundle was my hope) and it was like pulling teeth and finally just said fuck it.   :flush:   

I guess what I want to find out about all these alternative units is what is involved.  We have 5 tv's and I want them all up and running.  Plus I'm not sure of the programming.  I need financials on my office TV.  The rest can be whatever.  I heard one service needs an antennae per tv?  Fuck that...I don't want that shit littering up my roof.  

This cable shit has gotten as bad as the telephone companies used to be.  Now I've read that local,fed and state are proposing another big tax on consumers on cable/satellite to cover the costs of people leaving for alternative methods.  WTF?????????????????

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I guess what I want to find out about all these alternative units is what is involved.  We have 5 tv's and I want them all up and running.  Plus I'm not sure of the programming.  I need financials on my office TV.  The rest can be whatever.  I heard one service needs an antennae per tv?  Fuck that...I don't want that shit littering up my roof.  

This cable shit has gotten as bad as the telephone companies used to be.  Now I've read that local,fed and state are proposing another big tax on consumers on cable/satellite to cover the costs of people leaving for alternative methods.  WTF?????????????????

I called Spectrum to drop my home landline-  It will cost me as much to drop as it costs to keep it.   They got this shit figured out    :flush: 

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Shut the fuck up. Put the antennae in the attic and get rid of that dish. That dish in your front yard is not impressing anybody,you white piece of hillbilly ass trash. :lol2:

IMG_2776.JPG

6 minutes ago, jammin said:

I called Spectrum to drop my home landline-  It will cost me as much to drop as it costs to keep it.   They got this shit figured out    :flush: 

Yep.  Any service you drop affects your overall "bundling".  Like I said, I'm now paying much more for less services and channels than when I signed up 3/4 years ago.  It's actually pretty infuriating.  I'm gonna do something about it too.  When it no longer becomes about the money....it's a problem.  I don't like feeling like I'm being bent over.  I just gotta figure out high speed wi-fi.  I think phone company services have gotten much better over the years.

PLUS...these fuckers are charging me $9 for the modem....X5!  I mean...at what point should these $50 boxes be paid for?  Come on!

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Shut the fuck up. Put the antennae in the attic and get rid of that dish. That dish in your front yard is not impressing anybody,you white piece of hillbilly ass trash. :lol2:

See....I don't even want the smaller dish on my property...much less my house.  I wonder If I can put it on the back of my garage or on a pole in the back of it...hmmmmmmm.  Not sure why I couldn't.  I could just run the wire to my main.  But then...there's the high speed internet problem.

You know what....I'm gonna get this figured out this week.  

3 hours ago, jammin said:

comcast was the same then i decided to go to battle with them because they will give a new customer a TV/Internet package with what i wanted but yet they claimed no such think existed in the retention department.    

What pisses me off most is the requirement for a box @ every TV.  fucking 3-10/mo when i have tv's that get watched maybe a couple of times. So now i no longer have tv's in my game room and basement office and the kids don;t have boxes on theirs.  

• 10 months later...

Thought I’d do a TTT here before we dismantle the meme thread.

As mentioned, just picked up a Roku for a test run.  If I can get this to work, gonna tell my cable company drop all but their internet.

Anybody got any tricks/tips/advice?

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I stole a DTV box from my dad a while ago so I still have DTV in the living room......streaming still isnt good enough alone 

I agree...i started bringing my dish again while rving....box isnt reliable enough.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

As mentioned, just picked up a Roku for a test run.  If I can get this to work, gonna tell my cable company drop all but their internet.

Yah the trick is don't get a Roku they are a joke :) 

On 5/24/2017 at 8:16 AM, jammin said:

land line lol what are you 80 . 

don't  think I have had 1 of those for over 20 yrs, I may have to get one at the cabin though if I want well my wife wants internet up there dsl is it . i my self like not having phone and web up north but she can work some up thete if we get it. win win I guess she is out of the house more 

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yah the trick is don't get a Roku they are a joke :) 

I don't know.  They all seem about the same from whay I've heard.  My wife and daughter love it so far.  If it get's my local puck...I'm in.  We'll see.  Gonna try to watch the Wild game tonight on it.  We'll see.  

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

only 136 getting off cheep 

Fuck yeah is is.  We're pushing $200 without any phone.  Shit goes up every year.  We started in the $130/month range.  I mean WTF???

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

land line lol what are you 80 . 

don't  think I have had 1 of those for over 20 yrs, I may have to get one at the cabin though if I want well my wife wants internet up there dsl is it . i my self like not having phone and web up north but she can work some up thete if we get it. win win I guess she is out of the house more 

I still have a landline. 2 actually . 1 real , 1 virtual.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Droid.

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I still have a landline. 2 actually . 1 real , 1 virtual.

We have one bundled with our cable. No cell service at home so it's our only option.