Cut the cord

I cut the cord ....fuck directv and fuck their bills. I've tried before and failed but hopefully this time is for good.

So I am left with my dvd player and my laptop.

I am starting the first season of The West Wing which was the show that originally got me interested in politics....I just love it. 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I am ready to ditch satalite myself. One more fuck up from them and I'm breaking the contract. 

The end of the NHL season and not being able to get MLB out of market was it for me

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Up to $136 a month here.  

Soon...

Soon...

Mine was 175$  and the cunts fucked my on charging me for another season of NHL Season Ticket when I went online and unsubscribed from it. They claim you can only end renewal by phone , not online. I was tired of fucking fighting about it so I paid another 129$ or some shit over 4 months. Fuck them and fuck AT&T while I'm at it. I'm switching to verizon soon enough as well

Look at Playstation Vue, looks pretty good and reasonable. 

I'm at $250 a month but work pays for most of it, looking at PS to save a little money.

if your bud has cable or direct just get his code and net flicks you can watch every thing in his package . I know this because 2 kids well mid 20s who work for me have my cable code for net flicks or apple tv I forget 

2 minutes ago, Doos said:

Look at Playstation Vue, looks pretty good and reasonable. 

I'm at $250 a month but work pays for most of it, looking at PS to save a little money.

I'm gonna get verizon unlimited and use that with a firestick or something

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

if your bud has cable or direct just get his code and net flicks you can watch every thing in his package . I know this because 2 kids well mid 20s who work for me have my cable code for net flicks or apple tv I forget 

I could buy another receiver and have my dad get an access card for it. I may do that 

Yep...gonna be looking into some options soon.  Don't watch much tv in the summer so it's a good time to try out some of these other services.  Fucking cable bill has almost doubled on me in four years.  And there still isn't shit on so.................

Just now, f7ben said:

I could buy another receiver and have my dad get an access card for it. I may do that 

when I had direct I just brought the card from the house to the cabin . I don't need to watch tv at the cabin I own the fucking thing to get away . I found my self sitting there watching a old tv all day . WTF am I driving 4 hrs each way to watch tv . fuck it 1 channel at the cabin is just fine now I am a bit sad I can get internet on the phone up there because I am week and cant resist . heck not even 5 yrs ago there was no cell service and I would have to drive to town just to check messages

FYI call your provider and tell them you are dropping out  stand firm and they will give you a new promo or movie channel they will push harder than the radio subscriptions in the car to keep you

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

FYI call your provider and tell them you are dropping out  stand firm and they will give you a new promo or movie channel they will push harder than the radio subscriptions in the car to keep you

yah , I've played the customer retention game before and in the end....fuck them 

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My firestick kinda sucks. Its glitchey and slow. I also have Roku and its much better.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

yah , I've played the customer retention game before and in the end....fuck them 

Yep....been there done that.  I end up with less services and a discounted rate for a while.  Then BAM.  Fuck.  Sick of it.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yep....been there done that.  I end up with less services and a discounted rate for a while.  Then BAM.  Fuck.  Sick of it.

exactly 

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you can get a Samsung tv and phone and just shoot the phone image to the tv screen and stream all the movies and tv you want with unlimited data of phone

Just now, Ez ryder said:

you can get a Samsung tv and phone and just shoot the phone image to the tv screen and stream all the movies and tv you want with unlimited data of phone

you can do that with any tv .....Iphones can still mirror via hdmi .....droids need an interface and app to do it 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Direct will call you back for over a year begging to come back . trust me on this It took a lot of calls to get off that list

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Direct will call you back for over a year begging to come back . trust me on this It took a lot of calls to get off that list

I'm on Charter now.  I told direct to go fuck themselves years ago. 

Just now, highmarketrider said:

if your brain wasnt drenched in so much alcohol youd figure a way not be butthurt about a little cable bill

momo

Just now, f7ben said:

you can do that with any tv .....Iphones can still mirror via hdmi .....droids need an interface and app to do it 

I have a droid but can do it with my tv and phone . also use phone as remote when I cant find the real remote . I make  one of the 20 something kids come set my shit up for me  because I will just end up getting pissed off

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I have a droid but can do it with my tv and phone . also use phone as remote when I cant find the real remote . I make  one of the 20 something kids come set my shit up for me  because I will just end up getting pissed off

Do you have home internet or are you using the phone as a hotspot and using your smart tv to connect to it????

Just now, f7ben said:

Do you have home internet or are you using the phone as a hotspot and using your smart tv to connect to it????

no we have to have high speed home internet for wife she works from home from time to time and it is deductible any way .

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

no we have to have high speed home internet for wife she works from home from time to time and it is deductible any way .

yah , I dont have internet at home.....I need to figure out how to stream tv through my phone service