****2018 Official ATV and SxS picture thread****

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

SBYL that you can't afford to buy your wife an expensive purse...

If buying your wife a $3K purse is the breaking point of buying or not buying a cottage your budget is too lean.

Listen you stupid fuck, I could go out right now and buy all kinds of 3k purses but why would a logical person do that? Most logical people would not do that because it's extremely stupid.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Listen you stupid fuck, I could go out right now and buy all kinds of 3k purses but why would a logical person do that? Most logical people would not do that because it's extremely stupid.

Why would a logical person buy a cottage near a sled trail if they dont sled?

Just now, DAVE said:

Youre not making any sense...

I'm making perfect sense Dave and if you can't understand it go take a look at what Apple founder Steve Jobs wrote just before he died and maybe you'll understand a bit of what I just said.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Why would a logical person buy a cottage near a sled trail if they dont sled?

Listen you dummy, I bought it because it's an appreciating asset the whole family can use year round, that's the logic and there's lots of people who don't sled whose cottages are near trails, big fucking deal, talk about not making sense.

8 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You are delusional if you truly believe that "things" bring happiness to ones life, I used to be guilty of thinking that way once but not any more.

It would be a pretty boring life, at least for us if we didn't have the things that we have enjoyed over the years. We have truly enjoyed having the trucks and SUV's, her horse, the boats, the sleds, the fishing tackle and other things that our hard work provided for. What's the point of working if you don't enjoy the benefits that income will provide? We would be bored as hell without them. As for the other things you deny your wife... my wife likes looking good when we go out and I enjoy seeing her looking good so we both win. 

Just now, snoughnut said:

I'm making perfect sense Dave and if you can't understand it go take a look at what Apple founder Steve Jobs wrote just before he died and maybe you'll understand a bit of what I just said.

Why would i care what a dead guy thinks....you can be a cheap fuck while youre on this earth if you want....every marriage is different....im just as guilty as you are with my comments... what might work for you might not work for others...main thing is is being happy. 

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It's only stupid in your dumb as a stump mind. If you can afford it why not. You can't take the money with you when you die.

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Warren Buffet said once... if the last cheque you write before you die bounces then you have lived right.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

It would be a pretty boring life, at least for us if we didn't have the things that we have enjoyed over the years. We have truly enjoyed having the trucks and SUV's, her horse, the boats, the sleds, the fishing tackle and other things that our hard work provided for. What's the point of working if you don't enjoy the benefits that income will provide? We would be bored as hell without them. As for the other things you deny your wife... my wife likes looking good when we go out and I enjoy seeing her looking good so we both win. 

Our life is great

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Why would i care what a dead guy thinks....you can be a cheap fuck while youre on this earth if you want....every marriage is different....im just as guilty as you are with my comments... what might work for you might not work for others...main thing is is being happy. 

You're the one that said I wasn't making sense, I made perfect sense when I said that things do not bring happiness and that is correct.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

It's only stupid in your dumb as a stump mind. If you can afford it why not. You can't take the money with you when you die.

You could poll thousands of people and I would bet my life that most people would agree that blowing 3k on a purse would be extremely dumb, except for you. :lmao:

36 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Those 3K's are cheap.

Seriously though, why would a self supporting wife listen to her husband on what to buy?

Edited by ArcticCrusher

37 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Our life is great

You're the one that said I wasn't making sense, I made perfect sense when I said that things do not bring happiness and that is correct.

You could poll thousands of people and I would bet my life that most people would agree that blowing 3k on a purse would be extremely dumb, except for you. :lmao:

Then you didnt buy the cottage for happiness....just for an investment. 

From how you are behaving...you seem miserable...

53 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Listen you dummy, I bought it because it's an appreciating asset the whole family can use year round, that's the logic and there's lots of people who don't sled whose cottages are near trails, big fucking deal, talk about not making sense.

Cottages tend to be a horrible investment actually.  Tell me your story.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Cottages tend to be a horrible investment actually.  Tell me your story.

I didn't say it was a great investment but it is still an appreciating asset over time. I wouldn't call it a horrible investment either, that would be reserved for the 3k purse buyers. :lmao:

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I didn't say it was a great investment but it is still an appreciating asset over time. I wouldn't call it a horrible investment either, that would be reserved for the 3k purse buyers. :lmao:

Let the backpedaling begin....

25 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Wife claims the birkin does go up.  Birkins aren't 3k btw, over 30 to start.

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Then you didnt buy the cottage for happiness....just for an investment. 

From how you are behaving...you seem miserable...

I'm just fine..........I don't have a wife who buys useless, expensive purses.:lmao:

32 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Let the backpedaling begin....

Show me where I backpedaled, like I said all along, it's an appreciating asset, AC is the one who referred to it as a horrible investment.

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'm just fine..........I don't have a wife who buys useless, expensive purses.:lmao:

Show me where I backpedaled, like I said all along, it's an appreciating asset, AC is the one who referred to it as a horrible investment.

Youre just trolling....run along now....

4 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Our life is great

Depends on the demographic of who you poll. A bunch of men likely would get that result. A bunch of women who have very good incomes would probably say it's worth it. You do realize they sell lots of these purses for $3K and more. There's even a solid market for used ones. 

16 hours ago, Rw06GT said:

Thesledhead,  from Colorado, pretty sure he's been around scince the hcs days. Pic he posted

IMG_20180404_1341562881.jpg.52ec2741e740

Jeff could break an anvil though. He's a Savage. He's wrecked more shit than this whole forum combined. I like his style.

14 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Cottage is more of a lifestyle than an investment.  Mine has stayed basically flat over 10 years while house has gone 5 fold in 20.

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Cottage is more of a lifestyle than an investment.  Mine has stayed basically flat over 10 years while house has gone 5 fold in 20.

During an economic downturn they will drop faster then primary homes too. Great time to buy of one is looking.