****2018 Official ATV and SxS picture thread****

50 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Damn! Im not sure what they use for the tranny. I know its a Kymco engine.

no idea but about 1% of the time you lift off the gas it goes in to free wheel mode so no motor slowing down atv . then the grinding starts .

I have no issue with the kymco 700 I have a bud with 2 of there 700 atv and his kid have been kicking the shit out of them for a few yrs , no motor issues yet . few issues with shit like axel busted and some electric prob but no motor .

I also have a bud whos kid has a mud pro that thing was junk in first week but the air box was not hooked to snorkel correct s it sucked a bunch of h20 . they attempted not to warranty it when the kid brought it in . they soon figured out dad was a partner at a law firm and it was fixed after the first letter lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

sleds are great there atv have always been junk . but then so was my commander. my wife picked it out because it looked good what ever It got the extended warranty. I am not a big SXS fan any way if I put 300 mi on it in 2 yrs I will be shocked . she will run it on a few trails to go out in the woods and take picks and bring her friends  for rides. I will run bikes till I cant any longer  

I haven't had any probs with my commander...but I agree....i wouldnt buy any sxs new from can am except an x3...

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

I haven't had any probs with my commander...but I agree....i wouldnt buy any sxs new from can am except an x3...

I only had a rear end so loud you had to yell just to communicate. I figured it was the rear end but dealer was telling me oh no that is normal . so I told him to take it as a trade if that is normal . he did. I loved the outlander  but never really used it . I have been eying a leftover ktm 250sx .was rally hoping cat had a snowbike out this season so I could buy it . looking like Textron is not going down that road . dumb move imho but what ever .

27 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I only had a rear end so loud you had to yell just to communicate. I figured it was the rear end but dealer was telling me oh no that is normal . so I told him to take it as a trade if that is normal . he did. I loved the outlander  but never really used it . I have been eying a leftover ktm 250sx .was rally hoping cat had a snowbike out this season so I could buy it . looking like Textron is not going down that road . dumb move imho but what ever .

I think i told you before...the rear ends are loud like that cause they arent shimmed properly from the factory...its an easy fix if you catch it early and dont wear the gears down..

19 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I think i told you before...the rear ends are loud like that cause they arent shimmed properly from the factory...its an easy fix if you catch it early and dont wear the gears down..

I know that now . I had my suspicions then but it was new and there were not doing shit after 3 trips in so I let them have it back and got the outlander .

39 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

no idea but about 1% of the time you lift off the gas it goes in to free wheel mode so no motor slowing down atv . then the grinding starts .

I have no issue with the kymco 700 I have a bud with 2 of there 700 atv and his kid have been kicking the shit out of them for a few yrs , no motor issues yet . few issues with shit like axel busted and some electric prob but no motor .

I also have a bud whos kid has a mud pro that thing was junk in first week but the air box was not hooked to snorkel correct s it sucked a bunch of h20 . they attempted not to warranty it when the kid brought it in . they soon figured out dad was a partner at a law firm and it was fixed after the first letter lol

Seems to be hit or miss. Had a Cat 700 h1, I sold to get a SxS. I actually liked that one, hardly any issues, other then the crap factory battery.

4 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Seems to be hit or miss. Had a Cat 700 h1, I sold to get a SxS. I actually liked that one, hardly any issues, other then the crap factory battery.

lol not sure why the stock battery have to be shit on toys . first thing I put in the wild cat was a small lithium ion jump pack . guess what I needed it the morning after I took it off trailer first time. it was 12 below but still come on man brand fucking new and it wont even turn over . yet hook up a jump pack the size of 1/2 a sandwich and it turns right over   

Edited by Ez ryder

On 3/21/2018 at 10:42 PM, Ez ryder said:

I rented a Commander this past summer and yes it was a noisy sonofabitch.

Just now, awful knawful said:

Nope. You got a fucked one. 2018 got it last fall. BIG difference!

Maybe you gave sensative Foo Foo ears :lol:

Ive been in more then one defender. :lol:

Well, our first race of the season was down in SC and started off great in Nick's first class of Open C,  he had a bad start so back of pack by first lap he passed 12 guys and before second lap was done he was in first place ! we were super pumped! Ended up first with 9 second gap after I kept telling him to slow down,lol what a great feeling. First National race on 450. So, next class up was 450 C and better start , mid pack but fresh rain so slick track and of course pile up in front him he checked up and guy behind ran into him and his foot slipped off nerfs and twisted his ankle bad, so done for the weekend! Ouch so hopefully next race in TX will end better. but super happy on his first race but that put a target on his back to say the least. He had the fastest lap time of the weekend so everyone looking out for him.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 8.36.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 8.36.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 8.37.22 PM.png

• Like 6

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:47 PM, DAVE said:

Ive been in more then one defender. :lol:

LMAO ,, we have never had diff issues with our can ams

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:40 PM, awful knawful said:

Well my buddy has one and it's much quieter than a commander. Much

:lol::thumbsup:

and our defender is very quiet

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Like I said, three 2012 outlander 1000s in our group. No diff failures yet. 14000, 11000 and 5000 kms

Over 50 in my group...all have had diff issues.

No failures since going to mudnwheels diff.