****2018 Official ATV and SxS picture thread****

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

My RZR is my 2nd SXS my first one was a Ranger UTV.

How have they treated you? I've heard Polaris are parts eaters. If i were gonna buy a sxs, I'd consider Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki, from what I've read they seem to be more reliable.

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

How have they treated you? I've heard Polaris are parts eaters. If i were gonna buy a sxs, I'd consider Honda, Yamaha or Kawasaki, from what I've read they seem to be more reliable.

I've repaired a few customers Honda ATV's with  rear axle issues, my son-in laws Yami had an engine failure after a few miles but was fixed under warranty, he sold it soon after, haven't seen any Kawi's with problems yet. I owned 6 Polaris, just regular issues like brakes, batteries and 1 set of struts.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I've repaired a few customers Honda ATV's with  rear axle issues, my son-in laws Yami had an engine failure after a few miles but was fixed under warranty, he sold it soon after, haven't seen any Kawi's with problems yet. I owned 6 Polaris, just regular issues like brakes, batteries and 1 set of struts.

Polaris' 850s and 1000s are know for front diff issues...there is a billet fix available for it

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Polaris' 850s and 1000s are know for front diff issues...there is a billet fix available for it

Had a 2009 850, traded it in in 2015 with 3,065 miles, trouble free ATV, and now have 2 1000 XP's, never had anything happen with them, the 850 needed tires when I sold it and had a bulletin for a breather re-routing but that was all, the 1000's are a 2015 & 2016.

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Had a 2009 850, traded it in in 2015 with 3,065 miles, trouble free ATV, and now have 2 1000 XP's, never had anything happen with them, the 850 needed tires when I sold it and had a bulletin for a breather re-routing but that was all, the 1000's are a 2015 & 2016.

Ya but you dont ride all that hard..youre more of a dry trail  rider. :bc:

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

Ya but you dont ride all that hard..youre more of a dry trail  rider. :bc:

I don't do jumps if that what you mean, and I avoid mud most of the time, have been known to go mudding at times though.

image016 ATV mud trail.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I don't do jumps if that what you mean, and I avoid mud most of the time, have been known to go mudding at times though.

image016 ATV mud trail.jpg

As long as you have a good time...thats all that matters :bc:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, FAT DAVE said:

At least you can use it year round.

Question Dave.

Know anything about Can Am  commander 800   XT 2012 ( I think).

Daughter is looking to buy one..........Don't know much about Can Am..........What to look for and value.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Question Dave.

Know anything about Can Am  commander 800   XT 2012 ( I think).

Daughter is looking to buy one..........Don't know much about Can Am..........What to look for and value.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Things to look out for is if its been modded( snorkels...bigger then stock tires).miles....over all condition

If it has snorkels its more then likely its been is deep water and mud...if it hasn't been maintained you can have major electrical issues...bigger tires will put a strain on drivetrain...if you get to test drive it...listen for a loud howl from the rear end...they are notorious for rear diffs going on them as they were not shimmed properly from the factory...as if the rear diff has been updated...motors are pretty much bulletproof if maintained....2013 and up had factory power steering and that is a very nice option to have...as for value its hard to say...as our dollar is far apart...here you can get a stock one in mint condition in the 10s...

1 hour ago, FAT DAVE said:

Things to look out for is if its been modded( snorkels...bigger then stock tires).miles....over all condition

If it has snorkels its more then likely its been is deep water and mud...if it hasn't been maintained you can have major electrical issues...bigger tires will put a strain on drivetrain...if you get to test drive it...listen for a loud howl from the rear end...they are notorious for rear diffs going on them as they were not shimmed properly from the factory...as if the rear diff has been updated...motors are pretty much bulletproof if maintained....2013 and up had factory power steering and that is a very nice option to have...as for value its hard to say...as our dollar is far apart...here you can get a stock one in mint condition in the 10s...

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty up on the RZR s but don't know much on the can ams as far as issues.it has 2700 mi and he wants $ 8,000.

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty up on the RZR s but don't know much on the can ams as far as issues.it has 2700 mi and he wants $ 8,000.

Imho id get a razr over a commander. :bc:

Just now, FAT DAVE said:

Imho id get a razr over a commander. :bc:

I thought the same thing.  :bc:

I told her I wouldlook at for her.  I think she could find something with less miles in a rzr for the same price. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trackstand said:

Took the Son and one of His buddies to the Dunes on Monday. Spencer's Friend is new to quads!! Had a buddy show up later in the day too.. He's the one on two wheels all the time.

We were there on Monday too.

Great day for it.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:22 PM, snoughnut said:

Ranger was garbage, RZR has been awesome. Normal problem parts are axles, front difs, voltage regulators, biggest thing with these is keeping the air filter clean and sealed. Dirt kills these engines.