****2018 Official ATV and SxS picture thread****

23 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It really is a bulletproof little machine.  Starts right up every time.  I think the parts list in 23 years is one battery. :lol: 

Hondas are very reliable...they would sell a shit ton more if they had more power...nice thing about them is they dont have a cvt so you only need one snorkel if you do want to mod it for deep water and no changing belts.

16 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Hondas are very reliable...they would sell a shit ton more if they had more power...nice thing about them is they dont have a cvt so you only need one snorkel if you do want to mod it for deep water and no changing belts.

Yeah this thing isn't very fast, handles pretty shitty and the brakes barely work, but it fires right up every time. :lol: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah this thing isn't very fast, handles pretty shitty and the brakes barely work, but it fires right up every time. :lol: 

Typical honda.... Not enough power to break anything... :lol:

:bc:

21 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Typical honda.... Not enough power to break anything... :lol:

:bc:

Hey I broke shit on my old honda... :lol: ..the brakes were shit on it on iuse to gear down and slow down that way...well there was a steep hill...and igeared down to slowdown and i stripped the main drive on it...had to split the case on it to fix it. :lol:

Needless to say i updated the brakes from drums to rotors after that incedent.

Edited by FAT DAVE

Did the fathers day ride again this past weekend.

Was the biggest turnout yet, about 130 registered.  Some of the mud holes got a bit deeper and there were a few casualties.  One blown engine (don't know the brand) and a stuck RZR required 4 quads to pull it out of the swamp.  

59491e62607fc_2017-06-1712_02_57.thumb.jpg.5550e34920852811ac7bfa3cc70862e1.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The front is limited slip. All four spin once it engages 

Can Ams Visco-lok front diff is horrible....there is a aftermarket locker available so you dont have to weld it to get reliable 4wd.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

If you had 10-12k to buy a SxS, what would you guys buy?  Don't need a monster mud machine, just looking for reliable, well made.  Looking for next spring.

A polaris Razor or ranger would be my first choice. 2nd would be a Can Am Commander or Maverick. :bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

A polaris Razor or ranger would be my first choice. 2nd would be a Can Am Commander or Maverick. :bc:

Good to know, we just had a Polaris dealer open up locally, took over the franchise from an old buddy who lost his Cat-Polaris-Victory-Indian franchise, after getting busted for fraud. :lol:  I like the Razors too, and they have a couple sweet looking ones parked in the front, that I ogle every morning on the way to the office.

Edited by DriftBusta

The 570 razor is a great machine.  Buddy had one,but traded it in for a 900..said the 570 was almost as powerful.  Seems like a good choice . He just wanted the 900 for a little more powah ,better shocks and a few other ridiculous things lol 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Good to know, we just had a Polaris dealer open up locally, took over the franchise from an old buddy who lost his Cat-Polaris-Victory-Indian franchise, after getting busted for fraud. :lol:  I like the Razors.

Well with your acreage a ranger or a commander or even a  general would be ideal...they all have dump boxes....so they could be good for work or pleasure. :bc:

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

Well with your acreage a ranger or a commander or  even a  general would be ideal...they all have dump boxes....so they could be good for work or pleasure. :bc:

I have a pretty decent garden tractor, so I'm not really needing it for utility, just something for cruising the farmer fields and what not.  I'd like to bring it north and do some riding up there, can't believe just how big the sport is in the north country.