Mother's reply to child who threatens to call CAS?

This is a long shot, I know, but do any of you know/remember the story/saying/quote about a mother who replied to her child who threatened to call the CAS on her?

In it, it read something like, the CAS needs me to provide a roof over your head, a warm place to sleep, 3 meals a day,,, they don't require me to purchase you fancy clothes, a cell phone, a playstation, nor provide vacations, etc, etc. 

I am currently dealing with a teenage son, who thinks he is going on 30 and knows everything. I think if I could find this story/quote/saying, it may open his eyes to how good he actually has it.

It was a well written piece but for the life of me, I can't find it. My wife remembers it from years and years ago and Blackstar's wife, Di, posted it sometime ago, but I asked a while ago but he can also not find it.

Any help would be appreciated. :bc:

Edited by irv

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Wasn't that from a dad who wouldn't buy the latest iPhone or something like that? 

It might have been, but I can't remember exactly? It was well written, although likely fictitious, but it did send a message and get the point across.

Regretting big time not saving it!! :wall:

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Wasn't that from a dad who wouldn't buy the latest iPhone or something like that? 

Are you thinking of this one? This is recent, the one I am referring to was written many years ago. Di posted it under the old FS site, and that was also more than a few years ago. https://www.cnet.com/news/dad-who-confiscated-daughters-iphone-acquitted-on-theft-charge/

22 minutes ago, irv said:

This is a long shot, I know, but do any of you know/remember the story/saying/quote about a mother who replied to her child who threatened to call the CAS on her?

In it, it read something like, the CAS needs me to provide a roof over your head, a warm place to sleep, 3 meals a day,,, they don't require me to purchase you fancy clothes, a cell phone, a playstation, nor provide vacations, etc, etc. 

I am currently dealing with a teenage son, who thinks he is going on 30 and knows everything. I think if I could find this story/quote/saying, it may open his eyes to how good he actually has it.

It was a well written piece but for the life of me, I can't find it. My wife remembers it from years and years ago and Blackstar's wife, Di, posted it sometime ago, but I asked a while ago but he can also not find it.

Any help would be appreciated. :bc:

This might help a bit too.  I watch it a few times a year to help me keep things in perspective.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

This might help a bit too.  I watch it a few times a year to help me keep things in perspective.

That is great. I have watched it myself a few times, but I think, right now, I need the story/saying/quote I am after. 

Thanks just the same! :bc:

• Gold Member
33 minutes ago, irv said:

Are you thinking of this one? This is recent, the one I am referring to was written many years ago. Di posted it under the old FS site, and that was also more than a few years ago. https://www.cnet.com/news/dad-who-confiscated-daughters-iphone-acquitted-on-theft-charge/

Now that you put the story in front me I think it is what I was thinking of.  

1 hour ago, irv said:

That is great. I have watched it myself a few times, but I think, right now, I need the story/saying/quote I am after. 

Thanks just the same! :bc:

Just bat the little fucker across the room and put some respect into his smart ass. Grow a set Irv.

I have searched high and low and can't find this anywhere! It's like it was taken off the internet on purpose? Is that possible? 

Anyways, thanks for those that replied and helped me look. Never imagined this, once popular saying/quote, would be so hard to find.

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I have searched high and low and can't find this anywhere! It's like it was taken off the internet on purpose? Is that possible? 

Anyways, thanks for those that replied and helped me look. Never imagined this, once popular saying/quote, would be so hard to find.

At your sons age they are just pushing boundaries, just keep the comm lines open always.

Wife sees many kids and parents between CPS, many are for stupid control issues and others are from parents who could give a shit.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

At your sons age they are just pushing boundaries, just keep the comm lines open always.

Wife sees many kids and parents between CPS, many are for stupid control issues and others are from parents who could give a shit.

Oh, I know, I just thought reading/handing this quote/story to him would open his eyes some? I know what I am going through with him is likely some of the same shit I put my parents through, but I don't ever recall having to be told as often as he needs to be to get his act together. He will be 16 next month so I am trying my best to get him thinking right about his future, but outside influences, imo, have currently derailed his thought process. 

15 minutes ago, irv said:

Oh, I know, I just thought reading/handing this quote/story to him would open his eyes some? I know what I am going through with him is likely some of the same shit I put my parents through, but I don't ever recall having to be told as often as he needs to be to get his act together. He will be 16 next month so I am trying my best to get him thinking right about his future, but outside influences, imo, have currently derailed his thought process. 

That is the most to be concerned with.  My son has done a great job staying clear of the group he hung around in elementary school.  They  have been under house arrest since Jan and they all come from very very well to do families.

3 hours ago, irv said:

that age just sucks as a whole.  My sons 1000000x better at 17 than he was at 15/16 and he's still a shit a lot of the time.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

that age just sucks as a whole.  My sons 1000000x better at 17 than he was at 15/16 and he's still a shit a lot of the time.  

It sucks if you let it suck.  Kids that learn to respect their parents early are not that difficult as teens.