Another Flip....

• Platinum Contributing Member

or flop....quite the speech on Islam from Dump.   Looks like the Mideast is impressed :lol: It's too bad they don't fall for his lies like the typical Dump voter: :snack:

Trump's new tune on Islam unconvincing, experts in Mideast say

(CNN)President Donald Trump's speech Sunday will likely be met with skepticism and frustration in the Muslim world, according to experts in the Middle East who said his sudden shift in tone on Islam was unconvincing.

Trump gave his speech in Saudi Arabia, where he ditched his hard-line rhetoric from the 2016 election campaign and instead called Islam "one of the world's great faiths."

Here's what experts in three Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East thought of the speech.

Jordan

Former Jordanian Justice Minister Ibrahim Aljazy said Trump's shift in tone towards Muslims was notable. 

Trump to Muslim world: Drive out terrorists01:00

"Trump has moved from 'Islam hates us' to a friendlier approach of common values and shared interests," he told CNN. 

But Aljazy said that Jordanians and others in the Muslim world had hoped Trump would deliver clearer answers on American policy in the region.

"I would not call it a constructive tone since that people in the region, particularly Jordanians, are looking for a more clear approach to the Israeli policies and an end to settlements, which may pave the way for a true two-state solution and end of occupation," he said. 

"Referencing 'Islamic' terrorist organizations only will not be appreciated by the vast majority of people in the region when other forces are carrying out acts of aggression, especially as Arabs and Muslims are the prime victims of these organizations," he said. 

Trump also failed to acknowledge the importance of democracy and the rule of law in putting an end to the root causes of terrorism, Aljazy said. 

Iran

Hamed Mousavi, a political science professor at Iran's Tehran University, said that Trump's attempts to strike a friendlier tone in Saudi Arabia were hard to swallow.

"It will be met with deep skepticism in the Muslim world because Trump has been hostile and offensive to Muslims -- with his Muslim travel ban, for example. All they've seen so far from Donald Trump is a lot of hostility," he told CNN.

Mousavi said that by making lucrative arms deals with Saudi Arabia, the United States has lost its ability to put pressure on Riyadh to reform Wahhabism, a fundamentalist brand of Islam that insists on a strict interpretation of the Koran.

Wahhabism is the country's dominant faith, and in 2013, the European Parliament published a report dubbing the religion as a main cause of global terrorism.

On Saturday, Trump and Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud signed an arms deal worth $109 billion, part of a broader $350 billion package of economic and defense investments over the next decade.

"I think the US needs to decide what it wants from this relationship with Saudi Arabia. Does it want the economic benefits? Or is it to fight terrorism and to fight an extreme form of Islam?" Mousavi said. "These two agendas don't fit with each other. If Saudi Arabia buys this relationship, the US will be in no position to lecture them."

Lebanon

Karim Makdisi, an associate professor of international politics at The American University of Beirut, said that the Trump administration's policies on the Middle East have in most respects been a continuation of the Obama administration's. 

But Trump's speech on Sunday marked some provocative changes, he said. Most notable was Trump's open condemnation of Iran as a nation that funds and harbors terrorists.

"What this speech appears to signal is a potential shift away from Obama's more pragmatic policy towards Iran that resulted, most notably, in the nuclear agreement," Makdisi said. "Trump's vitriolic attack on Iran was matched only by his lavish praise of the Saudi king. Given the bitter Saudi-Iranian regional conflict that includes both proxy wars and sectarian bating, this shift may potentially lead to yet further violence and instability."

Makdisi pointed out that Trump equated Hezbollah, a Lebanese political and military group made up mostly of Shia Muslims, with ISIS and Al-Qaeda. Hezbollah was conceived in the early 1980s primarily to fight against Israeli occupation in soul

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/21/politics/trump-islam-saudi-arabia-reaction/index.html

:lol:

CNN hard wired into the world whiners for feedback.  Do these people even exist? "Sources say...."

No difference, they'll all obey their master like the good little boy lovers they are.  Period.  

Just like you SR.  Obey CNN!!!!!!

Suck my dick until I say stop.

"IMPEACH"!!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

CNN hard wired into the world whiners for feedback.  Do these people even exist? "Sources say...."

No difference, they'll all obey their master like the good little boy lovers they are.  Period.  

"IMPEACH"!!!!!

Hey Gay Momo :lol: Read the article - then do your own fact checking - :lmao: then comment :snack:

IMG_3108.GIF

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"IMPEACH"!!!!!

Man, that "sources" guy sure knows a lot about what going on? :lol:

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Man, that "sources" guy sure knows a lot about what going on? :lol:

Oh...they all do.  It's like having an imaginary friend you can get information from then, if it gets questioned.  It was a bad friend (source).

LEEEEEGIT!!!!

Anyone see that idiot bimbo from CNN flip out over these stories sources being questioned?  I mean lost it on camera. :lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Oh...they all do.  It's like having an imaginary friend you can get information from then, if it gets questioned.  It was a bad friend (source).

LEEEEEGIT!!!!

Anyone see that idiot bimbo from CNN flip out over these stories sources being questioned?  I mean lost it on camera. :lol:

Honestly, if  you were writing for a little shit town paper you  couldn't get away with half of this shit that is reported as  "sources say".

Just now, Cold War said:

Honestly, if  you were writing for a little shit town paper you  couldn't get away with half of this shit that is reported as  "sources say".

NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT.  

This is just pathetic.  ZERO integrity in our media anymore.

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

did trump used the words "radical islam terrorism" over there, or is that just for his loser rallies?

Must be a 'Muslim' apologist if he didn't :snack:

34 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

And he still sold them hundreds of billions of dollars worth of weapons.

Tough guy. :lol:

Yup, it's what we do, has nothing to with Islam or terrorism.

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Except that it does.

I was talking about the U S fighting terrorism. It is a huge pay day.

If Obama could of made it happen the media would be praising it as him working with allies to strike a blow to terrorism.

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I was talking about the U S fighting terrorism. It is a huge pay day.

If Obama could of made it happen the media would be praising it as him working with allies to strike a blow to terrorism.

Of course they would, because they're nothing but corporate propaganda and they all have an interest in more weapons sales and more terrorism. 

That red team blue team shit don't fly with me bud.

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Probably because Obama sold them billions in weapons, too.

And so would've Hillary. 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Of course they would, because they're nothing but corporate propaganda and they all have an interest in more weapons sales and more terrorism. 

That red team blue team shit don't fly with me bud.

Me either, bud. but sometimes you can't help throwing a dig.  Amiright?