Coffee choice

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

I almost bought a coffee from Starbucks on the Island over the weekend....Almost! Over priced crap

Funny the stigma that Starbucks has, the regular coffee costs the same as any other coffee shop. Only the foofoo stuff is spendy. Get the medium roast, it's pretty decent, their regular blend is pretty bitter.

For fast food coffee I love Tim's, lost my taste for DD.

Here at home we usually brew a pot of Maxwell House lite every morning. We have a box of Green Mt Breakfast Blend & DD single servers for the Keurig.

For whatever reason I don't have my coffee first thing in the morning. I usually wait until mid morning before having my first cup :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Doos said:

Funny the stigma that Starbucks has, the regular coffee costs the same as any other coffee shop. Only the foofoo stuff is spendy. Get the medium roast, it's pretty decent, their regular blend is pretty bitter.

Even from the first time I went into one and they argued with me over the name for the cup size. They simply wouldn't accept me calling it a "large" coffee. I just wanted a damn coffee and not a cup name lesson from some cashier / barista. :lol:  From then on out the yuppie coffee just wasn't for me. Their drinks, hot and cold, are decent yes :thumb: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doos said:

DD & McD are about our only options here in the sticks of northern New England. I don't mind McD's hot coffee, but not really a fan of their Iced Coffee. DD hazelnut iced FTW :bc:

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Even from the first time I went into one and they argued with me over the name for the cup size. They simply wouldn't accept me calling it a "large" coffee. I just wanted a damn coffee and not a cup name lesson from some cashier / barista. :lol:  From then on out the yuppie coffee just wasn't for me. Their drinks, hot and cold, are decent yes :thumb: 

Haha, I still ask for a large every time, I will not play that stupid game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

DD & McD are about our only options here in the sticks of northern New England. I don't mind McD's hot coffee, but not really a fan of their Iced Coffee. DD hazelnut iced FTW :bc:

That's a bummer, we get the good stuff in the Midwest. I like McD coffee well enough, just can't eat there or DD, food makes me feel like shit.

As much as I travel I could tell you where all the good breakfast spots are from Ohio to Minneapolis haha. When starting a 5 or 6 hour drive a cup of coffee can make or break the trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammin said:

He could build the next space shuttle rockets in his garage and for a reasonable price. 

I probably could too..lol

I know, I should have used an R8 but I was in a hurry, small amount of aluminum to de-burr before porting a customers cylinders so I used a  3/4 JSC & Rite Heights instead of step blocks...

461.jpg

459.jpg

128.jpg

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Doos said:

Its amazing. The costs for just coffee is the same as DD. If you add stuff they all add $$.

I have never seen a server give a customer shit for ordering a large, medium or small at Starbucks.

At 4:30 in the morning the only coffee you can get in town is Tim Hortons so it's an easy choice. At home we use Tim's in the pour over which tastes better than any of their locations or the Kuerig with Timothy"s k cups.

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

At 4:30 in the morning the only coffee you can get in town is Tim Hortons so it's an easy choice. At home we use Tim's in the pour over which tastes better than any of their locations or the Kuerig with Timothy"s k cups.

What's a 'pour over'? Is it like a french press?

1 hour ago, ckf said:

What's a 'pour over'? Is it like a french press?

Its similar but no press. filter coffee hot water over.

Pour over-

Blog-Best-PourOver-Hero2.jpg?w=1600&fm=j

This guy makes it more complicated than it is but you get the idea french pressed coffee.

It makes a blow your socks off cup of coffee

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Its similar but no press. filter coffee hot water over.

Pour over-

Blog-Best-PourOver-Hero2.jpg?w=1600&fm=j

This guy makes it more complicated than it is but you get the idea french pressed coffee.

It makes a blow your socks off cup of coffee

Thanks MC. We have a French Press that we use once in a while. We aren't quite as fussy about it as that guy though :lol:

4 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

It's what's happening over my house :lol:

:lol:

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Whats the deal with a pour over? Isn't that exactly what a coffee maker does except you don't have to do the pouring?

Edited by Kivalo

11 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Whats the deal with a pour over? Isn't that exactly what a coffee maker does except you don't have to do the pouring?

Yup. The coffee maker pours it for me lol. I only go thru the trouble of grinding beans and shaving some semisweet chocolate and frothing milk when I make cappuccino 

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Good god spin dry goes to Starbucks for the same thing my Mr. Fucking Coffee does. :lol:

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Good god spin dry goes to Starbucks for the same thing my Mr. Fucking Coffee does. :lol:

Yeah well she's a pretentious twat & appearances are everything. 

43 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Faggot for drip coffee which almost every home in the western world has :flush: