prostate cancer

My Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer 2 years ago, he was treated with radiation successfully while still living a normal life that included golfing during treatment.

His PSA was 5 when his MD caught it.

I rode last winter with two friends who have survived prostate cancer and ride with no more issues than any 70 year old has. I couldn't tell you what kind of treatment they had but trust in your doctor and his plan for you is very important. I myself am in partial remission with lymphoma. We are the "cancer crew" and enjoy every day. Good wishes for your treatment.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Barfy said:

I beat the cancer, but I need to know if I will be able to ride again. The surgery takes away a bit of the "control"

Ahhh got it....glad you beat the cancer. :bc:

5 hours ago, Barfy said:

I beat the cancer, but I need to know if I will be able to ride again. The surgery takes away a bit of the "control"

Congrats on beating the cancer ......I mean that. Now to the control issues....I assume you are talking about having issues with just randomly jizzing all over the place when excited. I would say stay away from skidoo 1200's as they will make you jizz uncontrollably. Buy a procross chassis sled, you will be so focused on your disappointment that all your sailors will stay on the ship !!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 Cheers Mate !!!!111

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Congrats on beating the cancer ......I mean that. Now to the control issues....I assume you are talking about having issues with just randomly jizzing all over the place when excited. I would say stay away from skidoo 1200's as they will make you jizz uncontrollably. Buy a procross chassis sled, you will be so focused on your disappointment that all your sailors will stay on the ship !!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 Cheers Mate !!!!111

:lies: 

6 hours ago, Barfy said:

I don't know but $uck it , dude . If you beat it then riding another season was meant to be , do what you gotta do to make it work .  :bc: 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Not trying to be ignorant, but why would the surgery hamper riding ? What exactly do they do? 

The procedure makes it so the bladder will empty itself easier.  IE without his control

7 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

My Dad had radiation treatment for prostate cancer 10+ years ago and has been fine ever since. He is 92 in February 

It one of the easier ones to beat if dectected soon.  My dad got diagnosed with it a year ago at 91.  His PSA was 110, his family doctor did not believe in the test or testing at his age.  They wont do radiation but gave him hormone injections, his PSA is now at 2.  Needless to say it wont be the cancer that gets him.

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Good advice. My dad had prostate cancer bout 12 years ago. He doesn't ride but pees his pants all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Anler already does :news: 

:lol:

I think my old man had some issues a while back.  Not sure what it is or was and he doesn't share any of that.  But my mom slipped up a few times and I think it was kinda serious.  I'll never know for sure unless he dies first and she spills the beans...and I doubt she will.