Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

OMG :lol::lol: 

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

The New York Times

By MATT APUZZO, MAGGIE HABERMAN and MATTHEW ROSENBERG

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that Mr. Trump dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.

The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

In a statement, he said that Mr. Comey had put unnecessary pressure on the president’s ability to conduct diplomacy with Russia on matters such as Syria, Ukraine and the Islamic State.

“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”

The day after firing Mr. Comey, Mr. Trump hosted Russia’s foreign minister, Sergey V. Lavrov, in the Oval Office, along with the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak. The meeting ignited controversy this week when it was revealed that Mr. Trump had disclosed intelligence from an Israeli counterterrorism operation.

A third government official briefed on the meeting defended the president, saying Mr. Trump was using a negotiating tactic when he told Mr. Lavrov about the “pressure” he was under. The idea, the official suggested, was to create a sense of obligation with Russian officials and to coax concessions out of Mr. Lavrov — on Syria, Ukraine and other issues — by saying that Russian meddling in last year’s election had created enormous political problems for Mr. Trump.

The president has been adamant that the meddling did not alter the outcome of the race, but it has become a political cudgel for his opponents.

Many Democrats and some Republicans have raised alarms that the president may have tried to obstruct justice by firing Mr. Comey. The Justice Department’s newly appointed special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, was given the authority to investigate not only potential collusion, but also related allegations, which would include obstruction of justice.

The F.B.I.’s investigation has bedeviled the Trump administration, and the president personally. Mr. Comey publicly confirmed the existence of the investigation in March, telling Congress that his agents were investigating Russian efforts to influence the outcome of the presidential election and whether anyone in the Trump campaign had been involved. Mr. Trump has denied any collusion and called the case a waste of money and time.

At first, the White House said Mr. Trump fired Mr. Comey based on the recommendation of the Justice Department, and because of Mr. Comey’s handling of the F.B.I. investigation into Hillary Clinton last year. Officials said it had nothing to do with the Russia investigation.

But the president undercut that argument a day later, telling NBC News, “When I decided to just do it, I said to myself — I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story.”

Get politics and Washington news updates via Facebook, Twitter and in the Morning Briefing newsletter.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-told-russians-that-firing-‘nut-job’-comey-eased-pressure-from-investigation/ar-BBBjeDT

Edited by Mileage Psycho

"according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official."

I suspect this "document" will get subpoenaed during the investigative process.  Yes? or........No?  Sure seems it'd make it all much easier to me.  :ashamed:

Hey...maybe the NYT can serve as Special Counsel?  Co-Counseled by WAPO, CNN, MSNBC and HUFFPO?  Easy peazy!  

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

"according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official."

I suspect this "document" will get subpoenaed during the investigative process.  Yes? or........No?  Sure seems it'd make it all much easier to me.  :ashamed:

Hey...maybe the NYT can serve as Special Counsel?  Co-Counseled by WAPO, CNN, MSNBC and HUFFPO?  Easy peazy!  

I'm thinking you fit the description of "a real nut job" :lol: 

The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm thinking you fit the description of "a real nut job" :lol: 

Good one.

So, Spicer "did not dispute it" eh?  I don't dispute a lot of things in which I am not aware of.  That doesn't make them true.  Or now are we saying if somebody can't verify something it's gotta be true?  Yep....Your side has been saying that for a while.

Again...we'll just wait on the subpoenas on all this "fruitful info".  And why is it starting to take two, three, four people to put together these simple articles....hmmmmmmmm........1st amendment rights of the freedom of the press I feel will be argued here when it comes down to it...and it will.

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good one.

So, Spicer "did not dispute it" eh?  I don't dispute a lot of things in which I am not aware of.  That doesn't make them true.  Or now are we saying if somebody can't verify something it's gotta be true?  Yep....Your side has been saying that for a while.

Again...we'll just wait on the subpoenas on all this "fruitful info".  And why is it starting to take two, three, four people to put together these simple articles....hmmmmmmmm........1st amendment rights of the freedom of the press I feel will be argued here when it comes down to it...and it will.

Haven't you noticed that most happenings being reported as occurring at the WH are proving to be true?

It's time to get off the ether dude, an intervention might be the answer. Please just remember it's not your fault :bc: 

http://www.interventionservicesinc.com/our-services/intervention-locations/minnesota-interventionist/?matchtype=b&network=g&device=c&adposition=1t1&keyword=%2Bminnesota %2Bdrug %2Bintervention&campaignid=571506166&adgroupid=26268069406&gclid=CL2E1brh_NMCFd23wAod7NoHHA

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Haven't you noticed that most happenings being reported as occurring at the WH are proving to be true?

no, he hasn't noticed a lot of things. same with tom and dependsbusta.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's time to get off the ether dude, an intervention might be the answer. Please just remember it's not your fault :bc: 

http://www.interventionservicesinc.com/our-services/intervention-locations/minnesota-interventionist/?matchtype=b&network=g&device=c&adposition=1t1&keyword=%2Bminnesota %2Bdrug %2Bintervention&campaignid=571506166&adgroupid=26268069406&gclid=CL2E1brh_NMCFd23wAod7NoHHA

No, I really haven't.  I've noticed they are blown out of proportion and tend to fade away at the site of the next "BIG STORY" out of the left propaganda machine.  But hey...if they all are true...how on earth is he still in office?  How?  That's unfathomable to me!  And how long has your side been hunting for the perfect ammo?  SInce last June?  Hmmmm.....what seems to be the problem I wonder?

I know......ducks in a row. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, I really haven't.  I've noticed they are blown out of proportion and tend to fade away at the site of the next "BIG STORY" out of the left propaganda machine.  But hey...if they all are true...how on earth is he still in office?  How?  That's unfathomable to me!  And how long has your side been hunting for the perfect ammo?  SInce last June?  Hmmmm.....what seems to be the problem I wonder?

I know......ducks in a row. :lol:

5 minutes ago, oleroule said:

name them...with facts to back it up.

IMG_3093.GIF

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

for the life of me I cannot understand how people who obviously don't keep up on current events, have the nerve to comment on them.

Like who?  Oh.,....and "nerve". :lol:

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

SloMo Jr :lol: 

I bet you found a letter jacket at some yard sale and picked it up.  It's yours now right...earned many "letters" in high school.  

What a loser hack coward.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I bet you found a letter jacket at some yard sale and picked it up.  It's yours now right...earned many "letters" in high school.  

What a loser hack coward.

:lol: Poor MN Momo - I pull your strings at will - you get pissed and: :lmao: 

IMG_3104.GIF