"Man Movies" that are required!!!!

I've seen every movie listed here so far with the exception of one.  Some great movies posted here too.  Just tremendous movies!!!  And shit, "Glen Garry, Glenn Ross"....cult classic!

Yes, my viewing also includes the "notebook" which, wasn't in itself a bad movie.  But hardly a "man movie".  Here's how I can kinda tell:  If I can watch a movie, then want to watch it again the next day or week later....or will continue to watch it years later if I happen to catch it on tv...MAN MOVIE.

My wife watches movies like "The Notebook" the same way.  I assume most liberals choosing to be male (currently) watch the same types of movies over again also.  Which is why they have yet to come here and post.  I think the title was too scary.

:lol:

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

Marginal IMO......The Untouchables now that's a good Kevin Costner movie.

Agreed.  Yeah...maybe "dances" touches on too many heartstrings to be a "man movie".  Still a good movie though.  And indeed "Untouchables" is good.  Connery's role there is awesome.

Here...let me redeem my "Dances" slip up:  "The Terminator"

Image result for the terminator'

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Thought it'd be kinda fun.  These are movies that almost every other man you know has seen.  And if they haven't well, it's time to decide if they are friend worthy.  Now...try to just post a few.  They can be any category.  Maybe we'll have a poll later and pick the one everyone decides is the best.

I thought of this movie earlier:  "Raising Arizona".   But, "The Outlaw Josey Whales" is right up there also.

14 hours ago, Dave said:

Shawshank Redemption.

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

No Country for Old Men

Hostile

All Coen Brothers movies and awesome.  Blood Simple was one of their first movies that hooked me, awesome film noir...dark comedy stuff.   O brother Where Art Thou? is another one.  Too many too list, going way back, movies that left an impression that I'll never forget, "To Kill a Mockingbird", "Where Eagles Dare", "The Omega Man".

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, HSR said:

Any of you guys watch The Warriors when you were younger.

it was on tv a few weeks ago, so I wanted to show it to my kids..You should have seen their faces..I get the "why does it look so weird" and "you really used to watch this, change the channel"..:lol:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  Yeah...maybe "dances" touches on too many heartstrings to be a "man movie".  Still a good movie though.  And indeed "Untouchables" is good.  Connery's role there is awesome.

Still the best one.  

Here is a pic from Kev.

MV5BYWQyYTZjNTYtNGRiMi00ZTVhLTk0ZWEtZDA0OTVmMDk4OGE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,671,1000_AL_.jpg

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

That's better I was getting worried that you were turning into a snowflake.:lol::bc: Speaking of movies set during the winter "Diehard". It's set at Christmas time. Yes I know it's set in LA.

I always watch Saving Private Ryan and Forest Gump if they are on. I like Tom hanks, good actor.. Watched Sully the other night. Good flick..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Here's how I can kinda tell:  If I can watch a movie, then want to watch it again the next day or week later....or will continue to watch it years later if I happen to catch it on tv...MAN MOVIE

If that's your criteria then Caddyshack fits, or is that considered a chick flick :lol:

• Like 1

Lonesome Dove

Every which way but loose

Any which way you can

The Change up. (maybe the funniest movie I've ever seen)

• Like 1