Capitalism cures poverty

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Are we just going to go around in a circle on this? 

If you can't understand that a meager wage by our standards is still much of an improvement for these workers, then there's really no discussion that can be had. 

I totally understand how the wage is relative to our own, that's not at all the issue.

What you're failing to see is that this exchange is not at all voluntary. Just because both sides appear to benefit in some fashion doesn't mean it isn't still exploitation. That's what I've been trying to say the last two pages, man. Shit.

Just now, motonoggin said:

'Work or starve' is not a choice, it's a threat. 

That's why capitalism sucks.

It's a rule of nature is what it is.

You can either fulfill your own needs in whatever way you want or you can work and exchange money for those things.

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

'Work or starve' is not a choice, it's a threat. 

That's why capitalism sucks.

dammit dude. capitalism itself does not suck. it's the exploitation of it that sucks. you don't need to kill the entire thing to fix it. what you need are rules, regulations, and enforcement of them. that seems like an easier solution than what you're trying to do.

Edited by Snoslinger

14 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Are we just going to go around in a circle on this? 

If you can't understand that a meager wage by our standards is still much of an improvement for these workers, then there's really no discussion that can be had. 

You new here?  What did you expect?

Just now, SSFB said:

It's a rule of nature is what it is.

You can either fulfill your own needs in whatever way you want or you can work and exchange money for those things.

It's not a rule of nature, it's the law of the jungle. This isn't a fucking jungle, it's civilization.

And one cannot just go off and fulfill their needs in whatever way they please, not with capitalists wielding government power all over the planet. They fucking own everything, dude. 

Your ONLY choice, if you want to survive under capitalism, is to submit to the system. This is not a voluntary action, but an act of self preservation. 

To believe that men are no better than apes posturing for position and power seems to be an awful dim view of humanity.

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

dammit dude. capitalism itself does not suck. it's the exploitation of it that sucks. you don't need to kill the entire thing to fix it. what you need are rules, regulations, and enforcement of them. that seems like an easier solution than what you're trying to do.

Nope. To pretend it can be reformed is folly. We'll just end up right back where we started in 100 years or less.

15 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I totally understand how the wage is relative to our own, that's not at all the issue.

What you're failing to see is that this exchange is not at all voluntary. Just because both sides appear to benefit in some fashion doesn't mean it isn't still exploitation. That's what I've been trying to say the last two pages, man. Shit.

Stop taking the softballs and address this.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Its one thing to criticize its wholly another to want tear down the current system you and your employee's benefit from and even suggest killing those just like yourself.  

This is a black hole void of any logic. 

You need better versed in your theory so you don't have to resort to dumb shit like this. 

16 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Stop taking the softballs and address this.

I already did, I don't agree that it's exploitation.

I don't see how giving someone alot better deal than they're currently getting in life can be qualified as exploitation. 

China has gone from a non-existent middle class to an exploding middle class.

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I don't see how giving someone alot better deal than they're currently getting in life can be qualified as exploitation

:lol: god damn

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: god damn

Laugh all you want but you guys don't have anything to counter the way in which labor in these foreign countries has greatly improved the lives of those people. 

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I don't see how giving someone alot better deal than they're currently getting in life can be qualified as exploitation. 

You don't? 

Um, maybe because it isn't a voluntary exchange, but coercion through manipulation of prices and wages? 

Can the laborer name their wage? No

Can the laborer survive without laboring? No

It's fucking slavery with window dressing, bro. 

Just now, SSFB said:

Laugh all you want but you guys don't have anything to counter the way in which labor in these foreign countries has greatly improved the lives of those people. 

:lol: well I guess being able to eat two piles of shit is a lot better than one pile

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

African slaves ate better and had better living conditions in America than Africa. 

They received something in exchange for their labor - better conditions. 

What's the difference if the master fed and clothed them or paid them barely enough to feed and clothe themselves?

None.