cool childhood toys

My mother had a "paddle stick" made out of like 3/16" wood paneling. 9_9  It was a novelty item but she thought it was the real deal.  She could wail on my back side with that thing and it just made some noise, never felt a thing.  One day I burst out laughing while she was wailing on me with it, she then started wailing harder and the stupid thing broke in two.  When I saw it had broken, I literally fell on the floor I was laughing so hard.  Fuck was she pissed.  I think that was the day she gave up.  Poor woman.     

il_570xN_432418512_jg1b.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

How very true. I rode my everywhere.  Don't recall ever asking for a ride anywhere ,liked my freedom too much .

Parents never knew where we were. Just be home before dark.

• Like 3

When I was 12 I had an 8 foot 3 pt. hydro with a Mercury KG7 and KG4 "Quikie"Hurricane, and around the same time a Go Kart that started out as a 4-1/2 HP which I then installed a 20 HP Mercury out board with a car heater core as a radiator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

We had one of those tracks upstairs. ..downstairs my dad had his insane train set. Went all around the basement.  Fuckin thing had little towns, crossings, mountain tunnels ..the whole shebang.  We were not allowed to play with it,but I did one day and inadvertently broke something.  I blamed my brother...fucker got a whooping with a hot wheels track :lol:

LOL! Those Hot Wheel tracks bring back bad memories, that was my mom's go to weapon when the old man was at work and me my younger brothers were acting like uncontrollable animals. You knew mom was pissed when she started whipping the Hot Wheel tracks like a crazed samurai, those things left some damn nice welts. :lol:

23 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

LOL! Those Hot Wheel tracks bring back bad memories, that was my mom's go to weapon when the old man was at work and me my younger brothers were acting like uncontrollable animals. You knew mom was pissed when she started whipping the Hot Wheel tracks like a crazed samurai, those things left some damn nice welts. :lol:

Yup. I was shit scared of those things. I would sooner get the belt strap :lol:

6 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Is that actually you? Fuck, I think the kid on the end is likely in a wheelchair now. Bike be beginning a nose dive :lol:

No ,I pulled it off the web.:lol:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Skidooski said:

They all have their faces buried in their phones and tablets. I'm amazed most even know how to ride a bike. I rode all over Sterling Heights as a kid....miles from my house and back

718890b14714d23455cc3603bcbee40d.jpg.65dea09fc3515ed8df170300e1910f9a.jpg

When I was in middle school my Schwinn Contienental was my prized possession...we lived 7 miles from town and I rode that fucker  back and forth constantly right down the shoulder of M66...hell not sure I would do that today! :lol:

IMG_2947.JPG.7c45e56bc49aa9e849a0ab9c829c4771.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

When I was in middle school my Schwinn Contienental was my prized possession...we lived 7 miles from town and I rode that fucker  back and forth constantly right down the shoulder of M66...hell not sure I would do that today! :lol:

The road bike looks like a Raleigh I had

23 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

IMG_2945.thumb.JPG.649522c31f2458958ccf46a6367b34c0.JPG

I use to have some Big Jim toys way back when.  I may still have them   My mom had a box of stuff from when I was little.  I'll have to dig it out.  I know there's some GI Joe stuff in there 

23 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I had the soft sided Barbie camper which was pretty similar to that one , maybe a little bigger . My brother and I stuffed our cat into it and pushed him down the stairs :lol:  :lol:  

:lol:

Fixed for accuracy too :news:

9 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I bought my kids this about 12 years ago, mainly because I couldn't have one when I was a kid.

IMG_1008.JPG

Not the same, but I just saw a super clean Honda Odyssey listed on FB the other day. 

One of my favorite childhood toys. I still have it 

falcon-sw.jpg_cf.jpg.67e3c55d2927df01a154c489fd84849c.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

There for a little while when I was younger I wanted to race road bikes. There was a movie in the 80's I believe that put the idea in my head. 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

There for a little while when I was younger I wanted to race road bikes. There was a movie in the 80's I believe that put the idea in my head. 

Breaking Away and that Schwinn was awesome especially since this was pre mountain bike days.

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Breaking Away and that Schwinn was awesome especially since this was pre mountain bike days.

Yep that's the one. LOL And then a few years later RAD came out and I was all about the BMX bikes