Griffith-Matawatchan Sno Dusters in trouble

jandp

Yes that's where my place is and they are the Club I have supported for the last 30 years.  I far as finding volunteers, they have always had an issue finding people.  The current groomer driver is getting long in the tooth.  They need some young blood to step up.   Good luck I hope it works out. 

Unfortunately, it is a sign of the times, and a lot more clubs, including our local one, are experiencing a phase were the older guys that have carried these clubs for years just cann,t do it any longer.

Kinda sad, but I don,t see many young folks who have the resources to afford an expensive sport like sledding,  have much interest in any club maintenance or activities.

It truly is a dying sport. Lesser clubs, and lesser trails, unless clubs can afford to pay workers to groom and maintain the trails....

• 3 weeks later...
On July 8, 2016 at 7:25 AM, Frostynuts said:

Unfortunately, it is a sign of the times, and a lot more clubs, including our local one, are experiencing a phase were the older guys that have carried these clubs for years just cann,t do it any longer.

Kinda sad, but I don,t see many young folks who have the resources to afford an expensive sport like sledding,  have much interest in any club maintenance or activities.

It truly is a dying sport. Lesser clubs, and lesser trails, unless clubs can afford to pay workers to groom and maintain the trails....

Frosty what was the out come of the meeting. Any word

I haven,t heard or seen anything about that.. I,m way down near Prescott, and am part of the Grenville club.

Hopefully someone from that club will chime in, with some good news.

My gut feeling is our local club, as well as many others that haven,t been able to entice new younger sledders to help out, are going to disappear as well, as the older guys decide that they just cann,t carry on any longer. This latest gov,t legislation seems to have been the last straw for some volunteers, who are having a hard time convincing the land owners that they aren,t going to loose their land, or take any more risk. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...