fuel line blocker

I used to have a spigot that I got off one of he sled sites to block the fuel line when you unhook it from a carb, it was tapered and pushed in. I have lost it and can't find another and I really miss it! Anyone know where to get one

53 minutes ago, firecatguy said:

I used to have a spigot that I got off one of he sled sites to block the fuel line when you unhook it from a carb, it was tapered and pushed in. I have lost it and can't find another and I really miss it! Anyone know where to get one

Make your own. 1/4 , 5/16 , 3/8 bolt with shoulder. Cut off threaded section. Make a great plug for anything in the Shop.

• Like 1

Whatever rusty bolt is lying on the floor.... :)

I did notice in Home Depot's bulk hardware section, they did have various sizes of rubber and cork tapered plugs.  But I usually just grab whatever's handy.  Hose clamp if it's slightly loose...... have used screwdrivers too. 

I also always have one set of the small needle nose Vise-Grips (with a length of 1/4" tubing slid over both jaws) on hand to use as hose pinchers.  Especially for the Sea-Doos, etc. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

12 hours ago, bladefever said:

Make your own. 1/4 , 5/16 , 3/8 bolt with shoulder. Cut off threaded section. Make a great plug for anything in the Shop.

^^^^ This works good in my garage. I put plugs in spare tubing as well to keep dirt or bugs out.

• Like 1