What's for lunch?

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I hate water.  It tastes like water.

:lol:

I see what you mean though.  I sip on a non-carb diet beverage all day.   I am allowing myself a diet Cream soda or a root beer every evening to take the edge off.  I'll drop ten pretty quick.  Gonna shoot for 25 by August.  That may be tough unless I get to the gym though.  

Diet soda is horrible for you...

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

Doctor put me on a special diet about a month and half ago. I am down 15lbs and am losing weight almost every day. I am not starving myself but it is almost impossible to eat out and grocery shopping is tough. Ive had to shop at Whole Foods (Whole Paycheck) and its rather expensive. But I am definitely noticing a difference. 

I've lost enough that I am actually thinking of going to the doctor for the first time in 16 or 17 years for a physical.  got to figure with the lack of refined sugars and little high fat food including red meat this is about as healthy as I am going to get.  

Eating out is a bad habit in my house,  basically at this point i just identify a protein and then get whatever veggies they have with it.  I eat maybe 1 piece of red meat a week so it's most often chicken as I don't like fish.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thats what i did 8 months ago loosed up the diet for a bit and hung out in a steady 10 pound range so not i'm trying to go strict for another 2-3 weeks to get into the 230's then float there. My goals  under 500 calories at lunch,  300 at breakfast and 200 in snacks with a target of 1800 calories with 5-800 of that burned off at the gym every day.  

Had spinach and field greens with a chimichrri chicken breast some low fat italian and crumbled feta.

If I snack its either a couple tablespoons of yogurt or cottage cheese.

If I eat a salad at home its always with homemade dressing...my wife makes a killer dressing called yellow gold.

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Diet soda is horrible for you...

prob my worst habit,  i was 6-12 diet cokes a day forever, when i was first in sales in 94 i would go get whatever the biggest size that wendys or mcd's  had a couple times a day driving around along with a bottle to start the day and 3-4 at dinner.  That's the one cheat i have not made since going on the diet.    

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

prob my worst habit,  i was 6-12 diet cokes a day forever, when i was first in sales in 94 i would go get whatever the biggest size that wendys or mcd's  had a couple times a day driving around along with a bottle to start the day and 3-4 at dinner.  That's the one cheat i have not made since going on the diet.    

I hear ya...dr pepper super big gulp with lots of spiced rum for me anytime i went to town. :bc:

20 minutes ago, Dave said:

If I snack its either a couple tablespoons of yogurt or cottage cheese.

If I eat a salad at home its always with homemade dressing...my wife makes a killer dressing called yellow gold.

my snack is a 80 cal yogurt in the afternoon and maybe one at around 8 at night.  pickles is the other thing i'll grab as an easy snack.  I also drink water constantly from the time i am up till bed  which helps me not eat.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I hate water.  It tastes like water.

:lol:

I see what you mean though.  I sip on a non-carb diet beverage all day.   I am allowing myself a diet Cream soda or a root beer every evening to take the edge off.  I'll drop ten pretty quick.  Gonna shoot for 25 by August.  That may be tough unless I get to the gym though.  

I drink 4 or 5 half liter bottles of water a day.  Most of the time I add one of the liquid Mio flavorings to it. I'm drinking a lemonade flavored water right now.

0043000000510_CL_version_type_large.jpeg

Tang is pretty good too.

00068100001976.jpg

34 minutes ago, ckf said:

I drink 4 or 5 half liter bottles of water a day.  Most of the time I add one of the liquid Mio flavorings to it. I'm drinking a lemonade flavored water right now.

0043000000510_CL_version_type_large.jpeg

Tang is pretty good too.

00068100001976.jpg

The second ingredient in Mio is propylene glycol, a preservative, thickening agent, and stabilizer, also used as antifreeze to de-ice airplanes, as a plasticizer to make polyester resins, and found in electronic cigarettes.

I guess you dont ever have to worry about freezing to death... :lol:

19 minutes ago, Dave said:

The second ingredient in Mio is propylene glycol, a preservative, thickening agent, and stabilizer, also used as antifreeze to de-ice airplanes, as a plasticizer to make polyester resins, and found in electronic cigarettes.

I guess you dont ever have to worry about freezing to death... :lol:

LOL, I've got to die of something :lol2:

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I've lost enough that I am actually thinking of going to the doctor for the first time in 16 or 17 years for a physical.  got to figure with the lack of refined sugars and little high fat food including red meat this is about as healthy as I am going to get.  

Eating out is a bad habit in my house,  basically at this point i just identify a protein and then get whatever veggies they have with it.  I eat maybe 1 piece of red meat a week so it's most often chicken as I don't like fish.  

I have been learning alot about nutrition and various foods. Beef, pork and lamb are NOT bad for you. You don't need to avoid them. Stay away from hydrogenated oils those are the killers. 

fish sticks and mashed potato's lol. I was touring memory care assisted living places  for the mother in law today 2 days in a row cafeteria old people food  . hay mainecunt they don't look to bad and only about 6g a mo I am sure your inlaws would flip that to get you out of there hair

2 hours ago, Anler said:

I have been learning alot about nutrition and various foods. Beef, pork and lamb are NOT bad for you. You don't need to avoid them. Stay away from hydrogenated oils those are the killers. 

Processed foods

15 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Zacatacos at 71st and Pulaski .:hungry:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Love that place! Our office used to be off 63rd and Kostner, used to eat there once/twice a week. There is also another a bit north by like 59th street. And in between is Paco's Tacos, also fabulous. 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

There are 2 or 3 Greek places here in town and after seeing the spit, I'd really tempted to go grab something from one of them.  

Thats tacos al pastor you pinche gringo. No greek...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

Thats tacos al pastor you pinche gringo. No greek...

I figured as such from the Zacatacos name, but we don't have tacos al pastor here in the sticks, we have Greek food and the vertical spit reminds me of what the Greek places have.