'The president is threatening a witness'

'The president is threatening a witness': CNN analyst slams Trump's 'disturbing' Sally Yates tweets

BRAD REED
08 MAY 2017 AT 10:01 ET

President Donald Trump has drawn a lot of criticism for his decision to lash out at former acting Attorney General Sally Yates on Monday, just hours before she was scheduled to testify about former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Appearing on CNN to talk about the president’s tweet — in which he said that someone should “ask Sally Yates, under oath, if she knows how classified information got into the newspapers soon after she explained it to W.H. Council (sic)” — legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said that Trump’s behavior crosses the line of what we consider to be normal behavior for a politician in the United States.

“It just shows how much the norms of behavior have changed,” Toobin said. “The idea of the President of the United States essentially threatening a witness, he’s basically accusing her of leaking, we have never had that before. We’ve never had presidents who did this kind of thing. The idea that the president — the guy who’s in charge of the Justice Department — is threatening a witness is really kind of disturbing.”

Yates was fired from her role as acting attorney general earlier this year after she refused to enforce the administration’s proposed travel ban. She will reportedly testify on Monday afternoon that she gave the Trump administration warnings about Flynn possibly being compromised by the Russian government.

video:
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/the-president-is-threatening-a-witness-cnn-analyst-slams-trumps-disturbing-sally-yates-tweets/

Edited by Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

A CNN analyst dribble picked up by "Rawstory.com".

LEEEE------GIT!

:lol:

MC Dodo.gif

Yet CNN had no problem with Loretta Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton while his wife was under investigation by the justice department. :lol:  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yet CNN had no problem with Loretta Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton while his wife was under investigation by the justice department. :lol:  

Totally different situation.  TOTALLY.  See.....they were Democrats.  Now do you get it?

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The President of the United Tweets a threat to a witness and its OK?

WTF is wrong with you clowns?

How is that a threat?  Seems to me it's a legitimate request.  Or, does this open a really scary box for the Dems....Yep.

SO let's review......how is this a threat again?  Personally, I think that's exactly what should happen.

"ask Sally Yates, under oath, if she knows how classified information got into the newspapers soon after she explained it to W.H. Council"

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The President of the United Tweets a threat to a witness and its OK?

WTF is wrong with you clowns?

Nobody takes you serious because you're a partisan hack....your one way endless condemnation of everything Trump and R has made everybody tone deaf to your posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

How is that a threat?  Seems to me it's a legitimate request.  Or, does this open a really scary box for the Dems....Yep.

SO let's review......how is this a threat again?  Personally, I think that's exactly what should happen.

"ask Sally Yates, under oath, if she knows how classified information got into the newspapers soon after she explained it to W.H. Council"

Threatens. :lol:   MC and CNN crack me up.  

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Nobody takes you serious because you're a partisan hack....your one way endless condemnation of everything Trump and R has made everybody tone deaf to your posts.

I listened to a good Ted Talk the other day about political polarization in the United States and there was some really good points about the problems on the left and the right.

The left's problem is that they're crying wolf everyday to the point where nobody is listening anymore. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Whats it take for you clowns not to support every dumb move Trump makes?

We don't already.  We just don't fall into your opposition force, anti-Trump referendum rhetoric with false narratives, hidden agendas and fake news.

Thanks for spreading it all here though.  You are a credit to the Democrats.  A shining example for sure.  A TRUE hypocrite any liberal would be proud to call their own.  

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

I listened to a good Ted Talk the other day about political polarization in the United States and there was some really good points about the problems on the left and the right.

The left's problem is that they're crying wolf everyday to the point where nobody is listening anymore. 

Got a video?  I've been reading a lot about it also.  Pretty interesting how fucked up we are right now and how we have arrived here.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Got a video?  I've been reading a lot about it also.  Pretty interesting how fucked up we are right now and how we have arrived here.

5 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Gretchen was the first Fox sex scandal casualty :)  That Brooks clown is a hack hack, just a pathetic POS 

Edited by Momorider

29 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Gretchen was the first Fox sex scandal casualty :)  That Brooks clown is a hack hack, just a pathetic POS 

He was the one who pointed out that the left is crying wolf and that's why nobody is paying attention.

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

He was the one who pointed out that the left is crying wolf and that's why nobody is paying attention.

If he said that it must be bullshit, I wouldn't believe a fucking word that fuck said, he said the market would crash if trump was elected :news: cock sucking ultra hack 

45 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Whats it take for you clowns not to support every dumb move Trump makes?

If you paid attention (which you never do) you would see that myself and others have been very critical of Trump on many issues.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

We don't already.  We just don't fall into your opposition force, anti-Trump referendum rhetoric with false narratives, hidden agendas and fake news.

Thanks for spreading it all here though.  You are a credit to the Democrats.  A shining example for sure.  A TRUE hypocrite any liberal would be proud to call their own.  

This is exactly it.  And its been that way for 8 years.  The left in this country have truly become the enemies of truth.  Its a constant barrage of negative, phony bullshit coming from the Democrats from Obamacare, to Black Lives matter to Trump and Russia, to weaponizing the government against conservatives, etc..  Why is it that Trump is supposed to find bipartisan consensus with this group of phonies, when they're trying to tear him apart at every turn?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Christ change the subject much?

the president threatened a witness. This is illegal if I did it.

you guys ok withis? Simple yes or no.

image.jpg

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Threatening a witness involves an a threat, you fake jackass. There was no threat of any kind in his statement. 

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

image.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

This is exactly it.  And its been that way for 8 years.  The left in this country have truly become the enemies of truth.  Its a constant barrage of negative, phony bullshit coming from the Democrats from Obamacare, to Black Lives matter to Trump and Russia, to weaponizing the government against conservatives, etc..  Why is it that Trump is supposed to find bipartisan consensus with this group of phonies, when they're trying to tear him apart at every turn?

What goes around comes around.

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Asking the panel to ask Yates a question doesn't really constitute a threat, it's just buffoonish behavior.

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What goes around comes around.

As Slinger would say, apples and oranges.  The difference now, is that the Democrats have not changed the tactics that has cost them over 1700 seats in the last 8 years.  And my opinion is that the public gets it.  Thats why he got elected.