donny's going after canadian milk

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Maple syrup

Ewwww....that's good stuff.  My old man used to make me use the "pole" syrup for that.  He felt adding true maple to milk was wasting it.  The damn liver and onions eater!!!!!!

go get em donny!! he's tweeting again  

“Canada has made business for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin and other border states very difficult,” Trump tweeted on April 25. “We will not stand for this. Watch!”

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

go get em donny!! he's tweeting again  

“Canada has made business for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin and other border states very difficult,” Trump tweeted on April 25. “We will not stand for this. Watch!”

Not sure I get the cut of your jib here.  So, what's the point?  Just wanna show us his tweets?  C'mon man!

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He couldn't tell the difference between a cow and a donkey.

Good one MC.  Very edgy.

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Momo is cheering :lol: 

maybe momo can clear up who's lying. 

But that has not held Trump back from speaking out about trade with Canada. At an event in Wisconsin last week, Trump called Canada’s dairy pricing scheme a “disgrace” and “another typical one-sided deal against the U.S.” He has promised to “stand up for our dairy farmers” and “get the solution,” though he has not specified what that solution is.

The Canadians, for their part, have insisted that the administration is blaming them for supply problems in the U.S. dairy market, citing U.S. Department of Agriculture statistics that show the U.S. dairy trade actually enjoys a surplus in Canada.

20 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

But that has not held Trump back from speaking out about trade with Canada. At an event in Wisconsin last week, Trump called Canada’s dairy pricing scheme a “disgrace” and “another typical one-sided deal against the U.S.” He has promised to “stand up for our dairy farmers” and “get the solution,” though he has not specified what that solution is.

The Canadians, for their part, have insisted that the administration is blaming them for supply problems in the U.S. dairy market, citing U.S. Department of Agriculture statistics that show the U.S. dairy trade actually enjoys a surplus in Canada.

All the Canadian dairy producers have done is lowered there pricing, and yes we do enjoy a $450 million dairy trade surplus with Canada....So what is Trumps problem? :dunno: 

http://business.financialpost.com/news/agriculture/trump-fumes-while-canadas-dairy-farmers-enjoy-renewed-industry-investment 

• Gold Member

This reminds me of the time I was sitting in Tuggers in Tug Hill and some drunk ass dairy farmer was telling me al about the gov't conspiracy against dairy farmers. He also told me how he shot himself in the foot while deer hunting from his car. :lol:

8 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Exactly, even with the exchange rate canadians get more for their milk than we do, so this makes very little sense at all.

The softwood lumber agreement was something that needed to be reopened again as there are actually significant advantages to Canadian producers compared to our own.

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Exactly, even with the exchange rate canadians get more for their milk than we do, so this makes very little sense at all.

The softwood lumber agreement was something that needed to be reopened again as there are actually significant advantages to Canadian producers compared to our own.

west coast of canada maybe to yes on the east coast no. then if the wood was cut in maine then sawed at a mill in quebec then sold in the us is it us lumber or Canadian lumber?? or like the pine mill down the road from me that had more orders than product that bought canadian lumber took the wrappers off  and put theres on.is it us or canadian?

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

It has to do with "industrial milk".  Our laws do not allow regular US milk to come into Canada.  There is a loop hole in the law that allowed some US producers to export processed industrial milk into Canada.  Ontario and Quebec producers did not like this and they dropped the price of industrial milk in 2015 to combat the US exports into Canada.  That's what started this.  The ironic part is, the US does not allow the use of industrial milk, so even if Canadian producers had the product to export, we would not be allowed to sell it in the US. :lol:  

Please educate me on the advantages of Canadian softwood lumber, other than superior quality.  The US has lost the 5 previous rounds of this dispute, so what is different in this go around? :news:  

14 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

All the Canadian dairy producers have done is lowered there pricing, and yes we do enjoy a $450 million dairy trade surplus with Canada....So what is Trumps problem? :dunno: 

http://business.financialpost.com/news/agriculture/trump-fumes-while-canadas-dairy-farmers-enjoy-renewed-industry-investment 

Rope a dope

18 hours ago, Kivalo said:

This reminds me of the time I was sitting in Tuggers in Tug Hill and some drunk ass dairy farmer was telling me al about the gov't conspiracy against dairy farmers. He also told me how he shot himself in the foot while deer hunting from his car. :lol:

You never told us that you met Momo.

• Like 1