If anyone is the market now is a good time to buy a ram

atc

11 hours ago, atc said:

The 2016/17s F150s are in very low demand in the USA.  The market is flooded with them.  I cant get enough money for my 2016 F150 Sport to justify dealing it.  I will finish out my lease and re-assess at that point.    

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

The 2016/17s F150s are in very low demand in the USA.  The market is flooded with them.  I cant get enough money for my 2016 F150 Sport to justify dealing it.  I will finish out my lease and re-assess at that point.    

Ford outsold GM (U.S.)  and Ram also outsold GM.

Friend of mine purchased a 2016 GM 4x4 ext cab last summer. It has been in the shop for a new rad, brake lines and speakers. Not sure the mileage but I am betting under 25,000 km's? Needless to say he is none to happy, especially since none of these are rust related or abuse. Brake line fittings leaked, rad also leaked and the speakers squealed when he entered the truck or just randomly while driving it.  Pretty sad for a company that use to be the no# 1 seller.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2017/04/usa-march-2017-pickup-truck-sales-stats-best-selling.html

8 hours ago, irv said:

Ford outsold GM (U.S.)  and Ram also outsold GM.

Friend of mine purchased a 2016 GM 4x4 ext cab last summer. It has been in the shop for a new rad, brake lines and speakers. Not sure the mileage but I am betting under 25,000 km's? Needless to say he is none to happy, especially since none of these are rust related or abuse. Brake line fittings leaked, rad also leaked and the speakers squealed when he entered the truck or just randomly while driving it.  Pretty sad for a company that use to be the no# 1 seller.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2017/04/usa-march-2017-pickup-truck-sales-stats-best-selling.html

Thats not what I meant.   The market in the USA is flooded with used 2016/17 F150s - especially CDN ones.   Used GM trucks are holding their value better right now than Fords.  Its supply and demand.   

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Reevester said:

That bad eh? Or you need to seek help lol 

No it was a nice truck. Just not me. And to properly set it up for a better towing experience would have taken a bit. 

Got $23000 off the titan and they gave me $52000 for the ram. 

I went gas titan this time very happy. Maybe 1 L/100km worse on fuel then the ram and weighs over a 1000lbs more. A very stable tower.

Yes maybe I need a little help.

5 minutes ago, atc said:

No it was a nice truck. Just not me. And to properly set it up for a better towing experience would have taken a bit. 

Got $23000 off the titan and they gave me $52000 for the ram. 

I went gas titan this time very happy. Maybe 1 L/100km worse on fuel then the ram and weighs over a 1000lbs more. A very stable tower.

Yes maybe I need a little help.

It's a sharp truck. :bc:

7 hours ago, ZRSledhead said:

Found a great deal on a '16 Laramie with 11k.

20170721_185505.jpg

Nice looking truck!

I just noticed yesterday some bubbles in the paint on my left front fender! :wall:

I have had it undercoated annually but either the guys didn't get in there very good since 2013 or that fender for some particular reason wasn't prepped/painted properly? My warranty, 5yrs paint protection, ran out last month (June) and the dealership was bought out by Fraser Ford, if you can imagine that, so I am not holding my breath thinking they are going to do me any favors? There are no holes/rust yet (on the outside) but in 2 places I have bubbles and they are quite a distance apart from one another. 

• Like 1

There is an ad on Kijiji where a Ram owner talks about some sort of padding / felt on the backside of the fender he felt is the cause of his rust issue (both front fenders). I'll be pulling front inner fenders for a closer look before it gets Krowned in the fall.

Edited by ZRSledhead

13 hours ago, ZRSledhead said:

There is an ad on Kijiji where a Ram owner talks about some sort of padding / felt on the backside of the fender he felt is the cause of his rust issue (both front fenders). I'll be pulling front inner fenders for a closer look before it gets Krowned in the fall.

I had heard the padding/foam use to be used in the rear fenders but had been discontinued? If I have time today, I may just pull my front inner fender to see what is going on if it's not too difficult? I find it odd that the driver's side is good but maybe those same bubbles just haven't appeared yet?

Thanks for the info! :bc:

• Like 1

I had my RF fender on my 2014 Ram replaced under warranty at 159,980 km for bubbles in the paint.

Noticed now at 183K there's a bubble on the Left. Other than that been a great truck, still on the original rotors.

18 hours ago, irv said:

Nice looking truck!

I just noticed yesterday some bubbles in the paint on my left front fender! :wall:

I have had it undercoated annually but either the guys didn't get in there very good since 2013 or that fender for some particular reason wasn't prepped/painted properly? My warranty, 5yrs paint protection, ran out last month (June) and the dealership was bought out by Fraser Ford, if you can imagine that, so I am not holding my breath thinking they are going to do me any favors? There are no holes/rust yet (on the outside) but in 2 places I have bubbles and they are quite a distance apart from one another. 

Dont be silly Irv, take that thing to the dealer asap and make them repair it.  1 month out shouldn't be a big deal and if it is write Dodge.  

7 hours ago, irv said:

I had heard the padding/foam use to be used in the rear fenders but had been discontinued? If I have time today, I may just pull my front inner fender to see what is going on if it's not too difficult? I find it odd that the driver's side is good but maybe those same bubbles just haven't appeared yet?

Thanks for the info! :bc:

Be great if you'd post what is or is not in there. 

As for the comment about rust, have customers with all makes sporting rust that is absolutely inexcusable. From what I'm seeing, later model GM's are leading the pack, my '11 was well under way in spite of being properly Krowned each year (paint was peeling from inside of rear fender edges / just started on both fronts). On milder winter days, drag hose outta the basement and hand wash, rest of the time it's run through touchless or spray wash. Body on my '03 sierra, could shove your fist through the rocker panels plus floor rotted right to the outter seat bolts on each side, yes it was religiously Krowned and well washed as well.

Edited by ZRSledhead

7 hours ago, ZRSledhead said:

As for the comment about rust, have customers with all makes sporting rust that is absolutely inexcusable. From what I'm seeing, later model GM's are leading the pack, my '11 was well under way in spite of being properly Krowned each year (paint was peeling from inside of rear fender edges / just started on both fronts). On milder winter days, drag hose outta the basement and hand wash, rest of the time it's run through touchless or spray wash. Body on my '03 sierra, could shove your fist through the rocker panels plus floor rotted right to the outter seat bolts on each side, yes it was religiously Krowned and well washed as well.

What are you washing your truck with salt water? My 05 gmc is still mint. The only rust i were the tail pipe exits and a bit around to mud guards. Ive also Krowned mine since new

Edited by Oggy

58 minutes ago, Oggy said:

What are you washing your truck with salt water? My 05 gmc is still mint. The only rust i were the tail pipe exits and a bit around to mud guards. Ive also Krowned mine since new

:bc:

5 hours ago, Oggy said:

Ya really eh.. Dodge is by far the worst for rusting. 

Rams are bad for the rear wheel rot out in the bed . My 07 has 480,000 on it , and the only rot was wheel arch on box . My GM rusted everywhere . My three F150 box's rotted so bad they collapsed the sides . Newer F150 seem to rot at the cab corners 

Lets face it , if your trucks not oil sprayed and your working it , she gonna rust ..... 

On 7/27/2017 at 1:41 PM, Tinker said:

I had my RF fender on my 2014 Ram replaced under warranty at 159,980 km for bubbles in the paint.

Noticed now at 183K there's a bubble on the Left. Other than that been a great truck, still on the original rotors.

That's good to know, Tink. Just got finished holidays so I am hoping to get onto it soon!

On 7/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, Renegade X said:

Dont be silly Irv, take that thing to the dealer asap and make them repair it.  1 month out shouldn't be a big deal and if it is write Dodge.  

I hear ya, Jesse. Hopefully they come good for it but if not, I have a pretty good connection (as big as it gets) at Menzies now. 

On 7/27/2017 at 6:43 PM, ZRSledhead said:

Be great if you'd post what is or is not in there. 

I never got around to tearing into it. We were debating trailer or stay home but decided to go. No time down there as I was busy doing other things and trying to enjoy my vacation. 

On 7/28/2017 at 0:08 AM, ZRSledhead said:

All manu's, imo, are getting worse all the time. Metal is thinner, parts are cheaper, it goes on and on. Not sure yet if mine is rust or bad paint prep? I have heard some stories, back in 13/14 about some shitty paint jobs with these Rams. They were in high demand back then and added a 3rd shift but it sounds like they skimmed some corners trying to keep up?

Every year, or almost every year, since I can remember, I have had my vehicles undercoated. I use to do it myself as well, and I never had a problem with rust. Not knocking Krown but I prefer Rust Check but that is base on the applicator. I tried Krown once and I couldn't believe the dry/rusty spots I seen after it was done when I crawled under it!! I took it back and had those touched up but that did it for me as I Rust Check I found did as good , if not better job than what I use to do.

On 7/28/2017 at 2:11 PM, StevieWonder said:

Rams are bad for the rear wheel rot out in the bed . My 07 has 480,000 on it , and the only rot was wheel arch on box . My GM rusted everywhere . My three F150 box's rotted so bad they collapsed the sides . Newer F150 seem to rot at the cab corners 

Lets face it , if your trucks not oil sprayed and your working it , she gonna rust ..... 

Bingo! Especially this day and age. Just like I said above, cheap, thin metal and every manu keeps cutting corners on quality always trying to increase their profits!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...