If anyone is the market now is a good time to buy a ram

atc

That's always the first question I ask. Do you have a good US wholesaler. But it's still all over map with trade value north York Chrysler/ Caledon Chrysler have best prices but by far lowest trade in value around $30,000. Orangeville Chrysler came to the plate with $42500 not a bad selling price. Then south oakville Chrysler had better selling price around $39000 trade value. Then eventually matched Orangeville trade value

11 hours ago, Sksman said:

Discount or 0% financing or whatever gimick they offer has a cost for the car manufacturer.  They all have to make their numbers and profit.

Negotiate at dealer and do your best. Walk out, have them call you back.  

It gets to point where no dealer will drop further and you have your bottom price.

All dealers have different monthly carrying costs, so have either more or less wiggle room....plus there is also the rebates they get from the manufactures based on the numbers they sell that will be different from dealer to dealer, so one dealer again may have more wiggle room.

As for the 0% or whatever interest rate is offered, that is offered by the manufacture and not the dealer, so realistically means nothing to the dealer, unless the dealer gets another rebate from the manufacture when they sell a vehicle offered at 0% but the buyer pays cash.

Having cat dealer experience. We would often get promos of extra back rebates. Sell 10+ units that month get a bonus $500 rebate retro backed to first of the month. So if you are sitting at number 9 and one more to go with time ticking. Sell number 10 at a $1000 loss to get all those rebates

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, atc said:

Having cat dealer experience. We would often get promos of extra back rebates. Sell 10+ units that month get a bonus $500 rebate retro backed to first of the month. So if you are sitting at number 9 and one more to go with time ticking. Sell number 10 at a $1000 loss to get all those rebates

Seven View, where I bought the Challenger told me they sell over 200 vehicles a month, many to out of towners (Sudbury, The Soo etc).  Don't see that really working for the already high volume dealers.  Also not sure how you can get a new trade in every 6 months without a loss.

I bought my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 3 years ago from Caledon for 15K off list.  The prices today for the same are quite a bit higher, but the $$$ has also tanked.

If you can get the dealer to show you, they have their cost prices and there are two columns in the cost price. One is cost and cost with holdback. The cost with holdback is what they will pay the manufacturer if they hit the volumes required. Those prices don't include any manufacturer rebates to the purchaser or other incentives.

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Also not sure how you can get a new trade in every 6 months without a loss.

I have it down to a science. 

It's only been the past two years since US wholesale caught on. 

Last deal the sales guy and I went over previous deals. He shook his head saying don't know how you do it, but you have done well.

43 minutes ago, atc said:

I have it down to a science. 

It's only been the past two years since US wholesale caught on. 

Last deal the sales guy and I went over previous deals. He shook his head saying don't know how you do it, but you have done well.

It used to be the other way where dealers would bring them in here.  So are you saying every six months you are trading in a new vehicle and they are paying you to do so?

4 hours ago, atc said:

You have to be kidding....you actually sold 10 cats in one month :lol:

Could not resist....surprised I am the first to make the comment!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

You have to be kidding....you actually sold 10 cats in one month :lol:

Could not resist....surprised I am the first to make the comment!

Shhhh

It was only usually 3 but had to make it sound good

• Like 1

One of my best friends has shipped almost 500 vehicles to the USA this year.   According to him, the Dodges are in the least demand of any full size truck as the warranty is not valid in the US.  Drive them until they have 70000Km and you are OK, but a 10,000km Dodge isnt really in that much demand.   Last year, Fords were all the rage and so far this year, GMCs are in the highest demand.  

Atc what Dodge did you end up buying? Options ect. and a what price. Seaching autotrader I find prices all over the map. Heard an add on the radio for a jammed long horn 1500 for 45k?

1 hour ago, Oggy said:

Atc what Dodge did you end up buying? Options ect. and a what price. Seaching autotrader I find prices all over the map. Heard an add on the radio for a jammed long horn 1500 for 45k?

Limited 

6.5 box

Trailer mirror/brake group

Appearance group

Limited slip

3.92 axle 

CD player 

Sunroof 

Etc.... 

Listed for $73000 got for $47000 straight off the top. Plus the further deal on trade in.

3 hours ago, atc said:

Limited 

6.5 box

Trailer mirror/brake group

Appearance group

Limited slip

3.92 axle 

CD player 

Sunroof 

Etc.... 

Listed for $73000 got for $47000 straight off the top. Plus the further deal on trade in.

I've been looking to trade my 2010 Chev crew cab in. That is a great price you got!!

3 hours ago, ontariobrent said:

I've been looking to trade my 2010 Chev crew cab in. That is a great price you got!!

Yeah they got me employee price on top of the discounts. In order to compete with other price I got.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎21 at 5:42 PM, ontariobrent said:

Ya but that truck had an msrp of 59k six months ago....73k, as fucking if.

7 hours ago, Boered said:

Ya but that truck had an msrp of 59k six months ago....73k, as fucking if.

?

Msrp has maybe gone up $500-$1000 in 6 mths. 

7 hours ago, Reevester said:

Almost as much as I paid for my 17 sport. :lol:

Should be more then you paid for your sport. Because its more then I paid for it new. 

I always use Erinwood price when ford shopping 

http://erinwoodford.com/view/new-2017-ford-f-150-124389/

But they aren't too out to lunch looking at other used 2016 xlt's and none that well optioned 

Edited by atc

38 minutes ago, atc said:

Should be more then you paid for your sport. Because its more then I paid for it new. 

I always use Erinwood price when ford shopping 

http://erinwoodford.com/view/new-2017-ford-f-150-124389/

But they aren't too out to lunch looking at other used 2016 xlt's and none that well optioned 

It's a lot more when you work in that 6.7% financing if your not buying it with cash. 

I got a 302a.

Edited by Reevester

6 minutes ago, Reevester said:

It's a lot more when you work in that 6.7% financing if your not buying it with cash. 

I got a 302a.

When I was looking a couple weeks back you give up $3750 of the discount for .99% Finance. Or a bank rate should be around 4.6% if you do the cash deal.

3 hours ago, atc said:

When I was looking a couple weeks back you give up $3750 of the discount for .99% Finance. Or a bank rate should be around 4.6% if you do the cash deal.

I got the discount and 0%. It's 7500 now and 3.99% which probably work out to 3750 in interest over the 72 months. I got x plan deal to. 

Edited by Reevester