If anyone is the market now is a good time to buy a ram

atc

Just a heads up for Ford buyers. This is an issue I found while looking for a used Lincoln MKX. It seems the water pumps can fail around 150,000km.  No warning. Could be poor routine maintenance or not.

I guess it's OK if you trade up to new every couple of years.   This is just one thread I found but there is more, the problem is that the pump is internal, not external on the engine. So when it starts to leak you won't see it on the ground.

https://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=120721

51 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Just a heads up for Ford buyers. This is an issue I found while looking for a used Lincoln MKX. It seems the water pumps can fail around 150,000km.  No warning. Could be poor routine maintenance or not.

I guess it's OK if you trade up to new every couple of years.   This is just one thread I found but there is more, the problem is that the pump is internal, not external on the engine. So when it starts to leak you won't see it on the ground.

https://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=120721

Link shows for v6 3.6 and 3.7 l.

So its like a Doo.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Link shows for v6 3.6 and 3.7 l.

So its like a Doo.

Link is for a thread concerning 3.5 and 3.7L Ford engines. I believe the Ecoboost in the F150 is a 3.5L. This problem could happen in most if not all 3.5 and 3.7L engines with internal water pump. Although I have seen some advertised with 250-300k km.

Water pumps fail, not usually a huge deal to replace.  Some of them start "weeping" first to give you a heads-up (you can smell it, see coolant, etc.). 

Just put a new one on pre-emptively, if it's a concern. 

I thought that crack in the pavement was a towing chain..... being a Ford, it kinda made sense.....

4 hours ago, Reevester said:

Out with the old in with the new. 

20170512_164756.jpg

Serious question.... why does it sit so high in the rear?  They all do it to some extent..... but that one looks super high.  HD springs or something? 

Or just a bad pic?  :)

17 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Serious question.... why does it sit so high in the rear?  They all do it to some extent..... but that one looks super high.  HD springs or something? 

Or just a bad pic?  :)

Just a bad pic. 

8 minutes ago, ZRSledhead said:

I don't see any insane Dodge deals out there, only inflated MSRPs plus a discount that takes you back to what you'd expect to pay for it (after dealing of course) in the first place. 

Sounds like good marketing to me. Convince the buyer they are getting the deal of a lifetime with a huge discount off an inflated price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 02sled said:

Sounds like good marketing to me. Convince the buyer they are getting the deal of a lifetime with a huge discount off an inflated price.

Like when a woman comes home and says she got 40% off on sale.

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Reevester said:

Out with the old in with the new. 

20170512_164756.jpg

Lookin good. 

I must say the ram has come along way. I have over 1200 km on it since Friday.  Hwy mpg better then my ecoboost. Around town the ecoboost better. Just towed the travel trailer 150 km with the 3.92 rear very similar mpg to the ecoboost. I may add the airlift 1000 bags just to help when I get it loaded up with all the gear.

Two areas it totally excels the f150 is not jittery over bumps with unloaded driving. And that limited interior probably the reason why I bought it. 

1 hour ago, atc said:

Lookin good. 

I must say the ram has come along way. I have over 1200 km on it since Friday.  Hwy mpg better then my ecoboost. Around town the ecoboost better. Just towed the travel trailer 150 km with the 3.92 rear very similar mpg to the ecoboost. I may add the airlift 1000 bags just to help when I get it loaded up with all the gear.

Two areas it totally excels the f150 is not jittery over bumps with unloaded driving. And that limited interior probably the reason why I bought it. 

I am surprised the limited did not come with the factory four corner air suspension?

Towing any kind of weight with a 1/2 ton, air bags help so much.

9 hours ago, ZRSledhead said:

I don't see any insane Dodge deals out there, only inflated MSRPs plus a discount that takes you back to what you'd expect to pay for it (after dealing of course) in the first place. 

9 hours ago, 02sled said:

If you want to get that discount, you just need to keep an eye on the prices for a little while before you start to negotiate.....or just go out and buy what you want. 

Discounts change month to month, MSRP does not......and then what some dealers are willing to lower the price by varies a fair amount from dealer to dealer. And any dealer that tries to add on the BS dealer admin fee, etc...will usually not be the one offering the best price.

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If you want to get that discount, you just need to keep an eye on the prices for a little while before you start to negotiate.....or just go out and buy what you want. 

Discounts change month to month, MSRP does not......and then what some dealers are willing to lower the price by varies a fair amount from dealer to dealer. And any dealer that tries to add on the BS dealer admin fee, etc...will usually not be the one offering the best price.

Discount or 0% financing or whatever gimick they offer has a cost for the car manufacturer.  They all have to make their numbers and profit.

Negotiate at dealer and do your best. Walk out, have them call you back.  

It gets to point where no dealer will drop further and you have your bottom price.

As for selling a 6 month old truck for more money i would still like to see the paperwork on that.  

I have a buddy who sells used car from dealer trades.  The dealers know what a car is worth wholesale on trade.  Quite often trades are presold before you make your deal.  And no way they pay more after 6 months even with a crazy dollar.

They have to make a buck somewhere.

25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I am surprised the limited did not come with the factory four corner air suspension?

Towing any kind of weight with a 1/2 ton, air bags help so much.

Yes it was deleted factory order -$1000.

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Discount or 0% financing or whatever gimick they offer has a cost for the car manufacturer.  They all have to make their numbers and profit.

Negotiate at dealer and do your best. Walk out, have them call you back.  

It gets to point where no dealer will drop further and you have your bottom price.

As for selling a 6 month old truck for more money i would still like to see the paperwork on that.  

I have a buddy who sells used car from dealer trades.  The dealers know what a car is worth wholesale on trade.  Quite often trades are presold before you make your deal.  And no way they pay more after 6 months even with a crazy dollar.

They have to make a buck somewhere.

There is only one person that I have to show the paperwork too and that's the wife. No complaints from her. 

And it's 4 in a row for me. I do believe the response with last dealer was: fuck it, sell it to him, we missed our quota last month can't miss two in a row.