If anyone is the market now is a good time to buy a ram

atc

Pretty impressive deals right now. 

Ram giving 25% off the top and still a decent finance rate 3.49 

But most dealers doing 30% off and some going to 35% off. Puts a limited into SLT pricing. 

3 hours ago, atc said:

Pretty impressive deals right now. 

Ram giving 25% off the top and still a decent finance rate 3.49 

But most dealers doing 30% off and some going to 35% off. Puts a limited into SLT pricing. 

Let's see a pic of the new truck....or not finalized yet!

New trucks have been a bit of a hobby of mine lately lol. 

But more thinking out loud this time I think.  With our dollar the way it is. It's been pretty neat driving a truck for 4-6 mths trading in getting more then you paid and an even better deal on the new one.

Since January 2016

Titanxd 

Titanxd

F150

Possibly another

Titanxd or a ram limited 

The ford has definitely been better then my 2015. But they still haven't fixed the panoramic roof issues. Damn thing drives me nuts rattling. 3.5 ecoboost non 10 speed has been great on fuel as well. Stuck at 12L/100km  as my every day average. 

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

I'm ready to start shopping next week, can't see it being for a Dodge though. I'll have to see. :news:

My first Titanxd was pretty much if not the first in Canada 30,000 flawless km. It was an sv premium. I got the chance to trade up to the pro4x for less money. I did. Something wasn't right with it selling dealer wasn't my usual. Took it in for its first oil change at my usual dealer and we found out I should never been allowed to drive it the way it was it had a mandatory recall on the Bi-turbo. It went back to selling dealer. They replaced and assured me truck was good. But something wasn't right. I tried grabbing another titanxd but ford dealer was $5000 better on trade value. So I did but I'm just not a ford guy. Too many the same around me lol. 

Nissan was offering me $18000 off another xd. But I use to be a Dodge guy and considering another go around.

1 minute ago, atc said:

My first Titanxd was pretty much if not the first in Canada 30,000 flawless km. It was an sv premium. I got the chance to trade up to the pro4x for less money. I did. Something wasn't right with it selling dealer wasn't my usual. Took it in for its first oil change at my usual dealer and we found out I should never been allowed to drive it the way it was it had a mandatory recall on the Bi-turbo. It went back to selling dealer. They replaced and assured me truck was good. But something wasn't right. I tried grabbing another titanxd but ford dealer was $5000 better on trade value. So I did but I'm just not a ford guy. Too many the same around me lol. 

Nissan was offering me $18000 off another xd. But I use to be a Dodge guy and considering another go around.

I'm probably going ford crew cab 5L xlt or Xtr. I should hopefully get a fair value on my 08 4.6 reg cab with 97k on it :dunno:

Your doing at a better time lower dollar has got US wholesale doing better

I am tired of the sport look and really preferring the xtr look.

Edited by atc

5 minutes ago, atc said:

Your doing at a better time lower dollar has got US wholesale doing better

I am tired of the sport look and really preferring the xtr look.

You pull a trailer and a boat with the 3.5? I pull a heavy tent trailer a few thousand k a year and a 2 place sled trailer on long hauls most times too and I'm really leaning to the 5l as I like to be in hurry most times.

Edited by Reevester

20 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I'm ready to start shopping next week, can't see it being for a Dodge though. I'll have to see. :news:

If you have not, take a Ram for a test drive....can't hurt.

Just now, Stoney said:

If you have not, take a Ram for a test drive....can't hurt.

I have. 2 guys at work have new ones. Ones a rebel and it's been in for a few issues already with 30k on it. And I meet a guy sledding that ran out of gas and was late so they must be hard on gas. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

You pull a trailer and a boat with the 3.5? I pull a heavy tent trailer a few thousand k a year and a 2 place sled trailer on long hauls most times too and I'm really leaning to the 5l as I like to be in hurray most times.

You should really think the 2.7 then. I would have got again. But I got a great deal on the 3.5 ecoboost. I have logged miles on the 5L  but can't do after owning both eco boost. That's my reservation with the ram.

1 minute ago, atc said:

You should really think the 2.7 then. I would have got again. But I got a great deal on the 3.5 ecoboost. I have logged miles on the 5L  but can't do after owning both eco boost. That's my reservation with the ram.

I had a bud with the 2.7 and we took it to Cochrane with 2 sleds and it seemed worse on gas then my old mans 10 5.4 was. :dunno:

Just now, Reevester said:

Just can't get the same rebates as the others seem to have. 

$10000 off some trims but come standard bumper to bumper 160,000km warranty.

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I had a bud with the 2.7 and we took it to Cochrane with 2 sleds and it seemed worse on gas then my old mans 10 5.4 was. :dunno:

What axle? 3.73 makes a big difference when towing.

17 minutes ago, Reevester said:

You pull a trailer and a boat with the 3.5? I pull a heavy tent trailer a few thousand k a year and a 2 place sled trailer on long hauls most times too and I'm really leaning to the 5l as I like to be in hurry most times.

My 3.5L ecoboost has more get up and go than my 5.4L ever did. They have gotten even better over the last couple of years. I was hesitant initially but the dealer gave me one to try for a weekend.  A tent trailer regardless of how heavy it is, it's still a tent trailer and isn't a problem. I tow a two horse trailer with the two horses on board no problem. Each horse weighs in at about 1,200 lbs. I don't recall what the trailer weighs. I also pull our 5,000 lb. 22 ft. boat, our double hybrid sled trailer with two 4 stroke sleds and have also pulled our 35 ft. RV which is 11 ft. 7 in. high and 7568 lb. without our gear.

Wind drag makes a huge difference with the trailers. The sled trailer being 8 ft. 6 in. wide, which is wider than the truck sees fuel consumption vary depending on whether I'm running into the wind, with it or a side wind. I have gotten some absolutely fantastic fuel consumption and some lousy depending on conditions.

Edited by 02sled

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

My 3.5L ecoboost has more get up and go than my 5.4L ever did. They have gotten even better over the last couple of years. I was hesitant initially but the dealer gave me one to try for a weekend.  A tent trailer regardless of how heavy it is, it's still a tent trailer and isn't a problem. I tow a two horse trailer with the two horses on board no problem. Each horse weighs in at about 1,200 lbs. I don't recall what the trailer weighs. I also pull our 5,000 lb. 22 ft. boat, our double hybrid sled trailer with two 4 stroke sleds and have also pulled our 35 ft. RV which is 11 ft. 7 in. high and 7568 lb. without our gear.

I here you, but im going alot further then then the city to port severn on most trips and have heard lots of turbo issues with the 3.5 and gas milage. 

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I couldn't tell you. Maybe 3.55 I think 

That with a 3.73 makes it a great all around truck towing and day to day

8 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I here you, but im going alot further then then the city to port severn on most trips and have heard lots of turbo issues with the 3.5 and gas milage. 

125,000 km and no problems with the engine, turbo or transmission. Just regular oil changes and routine maintenance. Overall average fuel consumption for the 125,000 km is 15.6 / 100km. That's with the 3.73. The newer ones apparently do better.

Edited by 02sled

Just now, atc said:

That with a 3.73 makes it a great all around truck towing and day to day

That's what I need. Because when I'm not hauling stuff it with be a 30 total commute for me or 70km if the woman takes it and then just local driving in town. 

Just now, Reevester said:

For me with the max tow 3.5 ecoboost it has been great on fuel the 2.7 slightly better. Both better then the 5L.