What do you regret most in your life?

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You and about 300 billion other people think like that .   Big fucking deal, man , quit beating yourself up over that shit .   :bc:

:goodpost:

17 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You and about 300 billion other people think like that .   Big fucking deal, man , quit beating yourself up over that shit .   :bc:

The population of the planet is only 7.4 billion you stupid Jew FUCK :guzzle: 

On 7/3/2016 at 11:59 AM, Zambroski said:

I would have loved to piss the money away that was "stolen" from me when the housing market crashed.  A least you had fun with yours.  I spent years of reading and studying financial trends, taking advice from periodicals, doing what I was "supposed to do" with my money, saving and investing, being frugal.  Almost all wiped out during the housing bust and crash.  I just smile about it now, what else can I do.  

I did the same and I feel the same.  Now, I question every bit of advice from any investment advisors.  

On Sunday, July 03, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Biggie Smails said:

I'm going to be 49 in less than a week and I can honestly say the only positive and good accomplishment up to this point is that I have such a great daughter....my marriage sucks, I've underachieved in my working life and what money I have made has been pissed away although I do have a good college fund for my kid.

You shouldnt be so hard on yourself Jimbo.... :bc:

Edited by DAVE

26 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I did the same and I feel the same.  Now, I question every bit of advice from any investment advisors.  

I do a helluva lot more than question it.  We've been shnookered by the big banks that took what the Dems gave them with the mortgage and loan policies and ran like hell with it.  They fucking knew what was gonna happen too.  EVERYBODY DID.....except the public who were lied to month after month about the state of our housing markets.  

11 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You shouldnt be so hard on yourself Jimbo.... :bc:

If he raises a decent person and sees they gets an education he has done more than 80% or humanity, so thats a win :)  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, racer254 said:

As you should.  

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I do a helluva lot more than question it.  We've been shnookered by the big banks that took what the Dems gave them with the mortgage and loan policies and ran like hell with it.  They fucking knew what was gonna happen too.  EVERYBODY DID.....except the public who were lied to month after month about the state of our housing markets.  

You still got to live somewhere.  You could sell extra investment properties but most financial advisers are completely useless so don't expect much from them in  terms of a heads up.

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

As you should.  

You still got to live somewhere.  You could sell extra investment properties but most financial advisers are completely useless so don't expect much from them in  terms of a heads up.

There is only one financial advisor that I have ever talked to that even remotely seemed to know what they were talking about.  Most just seem to parrot what they are told and whenever I asked a question that bucked the trend, they just said don't do it.   Looking back, my own thoughts would have put me farther ahead than most of theirs.

Edited by racer254

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There is only one financial advisor that I have ever talked to that even remotely seemed to know what they were talking about.  Most just seem to parrot what they are told and whenever I asked a question that bucked the trend, they just said don't do it.   Looking back, my own thoughts would have put me farther ahead than most of theirs.

My wife just talked to one through where she works..free advice.

What she wanted to do was charge us 1% up front to do what we could do ourselves..move us towards more conservative investments.

So on 400k that would be 4k to her..fawk that.

8 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

My wife just talked to one through where she works..free advice.

What she wanted to do was charge us 1% up front to do what we could do ourselves..move us towards more conservative investments.

So on 400k that would be 4k to her..fawk that.

They really should get paid by the hour, but then they would all be starving.

I get about two unsolicited calls a months from advisers with most suggesting I move into some sort of short terms bonds to get away from market volatility etc.  Great a FA who is scared shitless of equity markets, this has been going on for a number of years, not sure how they get my contact info.  I kindly explain to them that after tax real returns won't even keep up with inflation and I would be essentially losing money every year.

They only care about making money for themselves and think if they don'y lose any for you they are doing a good job.  Well they are not,  any idiot can make 4%, but that puts them in the bottom quartile.   Don't expect any to put you in the top.

I would have some serious regrets if I listened to any of them.

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They really should get paid by the hour, but then they would all be starving.

I get about two unsolicited calls a months from advisers with most suggesting I move into some sort of short terms bonds to get away from market volatility etc.  Great a FA who is scared shitless of equity markets, this has been going on for a number of years, not sure how they get my contact info.  I kindly explain to them that after tax real returns won't even keep up with inflation and I would be essentially losing money every year.

They only care about making money for themselves and think if they don'y lose any for you they are doing a good job.  Well they are not,  any idiot can make 4%, but that puts them in the bottom quartile.   Don't expect any to put you in the top.

I would have some serious regrets if I listened to any of them.

I hear ya.

We are in our early 60's and weighted heavily aggressive and it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Man I would love to see some real inflation though.

Ya know, I used to have a lot of regrets. 

But now, where I am at in life with family friends, and finances, all those old regrets from the past don't really mean anything anymore. I am truely happy in life now. 

Of course I will probably find a way to fuck it up.....lol

On 7/3/2016 at 11:49 AM, Biggie Smails said:

I'm going to be 49 in less than a week and I can honestly say the only positive and good accomplishment up to this point is that I have such a great daughter....my marriage sucks, I've underachieved in my working life and what money I have made has been pissed away although I do have a good college fund for my kid.

This explains your behaviour on this forum. Try talking to a professional from the mental health profession, it may help.

14 minutes ago, Boered said:

This explains your behaviour on this forum. Try talking to a professional from the mental health profession, it may help.

The guy seemingly opens up with a heartfelt response and there's someone there to shit on him in no time :flush: 

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

The guy seemingly opens up with a heartfelt response and there's someone there to shit on him in no time :flush: 

You can have all the money in the world,  but if you kid(s) are fuck-ups what does it really matter?  He succeeded where it really counts.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

You can have all the money in the world,  but if you kid(s) are fuck-ups what does it really matter?  He succeeded where it really counts.

I agree with that completely!  :bc: 

21 minutes ago, Boered said:

Not shitting on the guy. He projects anger on here all the time. Clearly he is not happy and that can be helped.

He's been really decent to me.

Anyways you seem to project way more anger/hate then he does.

• Like 1

I would have to say, I wish I had been a bit easier on my body. I'm chock full of hardware and arthritus. Mornings are tough. 

10 hours ago, Boered said:

10 hours ago, Boered said:

Not shitting on the guy. He projects anger on here all the time. Clearly he is not happy and that can be helped.

I missed these nuggets earlier....not sure who you even are but I still suspect Wildboer...either way I don't care what some amateur internet psychologist thinks.

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1

Without question not serving in the military.  Not sure I could have ever gotten in with asthma even though I was in excellent physical condition.   College sports allowed use of an inhaler, not sure the military would have.