What do you regret most in your life?

Regret is too taxing.  It's all part of life and learning.  Some learn, some do not.  The ones that do are often the most successful and happy.  I moved out on my own right after high school, made a lot of mistakes, mostly once, but don't regret a single one...they are the greatest teaching lessons.  To quote Jack Welch when asked how he knows how he's able to make so many smart decisions, he replied, "By making a lot of the wrong ones. Mistakes are the best teachers for success."

Believe it or not young man, moving away from friends, family and your area is one of the biggest motivators to succeed.  You essentially took away all your lifelines and now it's up to you. For me, the shame of having to move back home and look my dad in the eye was more than enough to motivate me to do my thing.  Not to mention he turned my room into his new office a week after I was gone!  O.o  He was good at adding that little bit of extra motivation that way.  The fucker!  :lol:

A red  head named Sue.

30 yrs later....why the hell didn't I hit that! 

Working too hard.

It paid off in the short run , but left me pretty beat up at a fairly young age.

Not staying at a great job, but left to pursue a dream of farming. Not protecting my body. Need surgery now to remove a rib/compression in my neck/shoulder to increase blood flow to my arms/hands due to prior jobs. Start investing at a younger age. Not be so picky with girls when I was single!

I won't say regrets of past. I wish something's were different .but those hurdles helped guide me down the road of this life. So no I have no regrets

Mistakes are part of life. Hopefully we learn from them. With that said.... if I could go back in time, knowing what i know now, I would do EVERYTHING different. Some people say they would do it all over the same way, not me. No re-runs....

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

snoriders parents regret was not aborting him...now there's  a abortion i could have agreed with.

He was aborted....it didn't take.  Ever see that story how that farmer hacked the head off that chicken and it managed to live for weeks?  It's like that.  I just hope they clipped his nuts when they knew his brain wasn't gonna develop.

Edited by Zambroski

Just now, Zambroski said:

He was aborted....it didn't take.  Ever see that story how that farmer hacked the head off that chicken and it managed to live for weeks?  It's like that.  I just hope they clipped his nuts when they knew his brain wasn't gonna develop.

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm going to be 49 in less than a week and I can honestly say the only positive and good accomplishment up to this point is that I have such a great daughter....my marriage sucks, I've underachieved in my working life and what money I have made has been pissed away although I do have a good college fund for my kid.

11 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I'm going to be 49 in less than a week and I can honestly say the only positive and good accomplishment up to this point is that I have such a great daughter....my marriage sucks, I've underachieved in my working life and what money I have made has been pissed away although I do have a good college fund for my kid.

It wouldn't be as bad if you would just stick to buying one sled a season. Maybe even keep it for 2 seasons.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

It wouldn't be as bad if you would just stick to buying one sled a season. Maybe even keep it for 2 seasons.

Good point.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Good point.

I still have my '05 Renegade that I bought new in '04. Still runs good with about 12,000 miles on it. I bought a used '08 GSX 600 sdi with 7,000 miles on it when we moved to VT in the fall of 2013 for $3,500. I'd love to have a new sled, but can't justify the cost because I don't ride as much as I did when I lived in NH. Maybe that will change now that the my new neighbor has a sled.

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

I still have my '05 Renegade that I bought new in '04. Still runs good with about 12,000 miles on it. I bought a used '08 GSX 600 sdi with 7,000 miles on it when we moved to VT in the fall of 2013 for $3,500. I'd love to have a new sled, but can't justify the cost because I don't ride as much as I did when I lived in NH. Maybe that will change now that the my new neighbor has a sled.

You are doing it the right way for sure.....I have a problem with this sled shit and not sure why.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

You are doing it the right way for sure.....I have a problem with this sled shit and not sure why.

Always looking for the ultimate ride? What do you have now?

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Always looking for the ultimate ride? What do you have now?

Not even that....just get bored easily for some reason....shit I'm on a 2009 M8 so clearly I have gone backwards.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

I would have loved to piss the money away that was "stolen" from me when the housing market crashed.  A least you had fun with yours.  I spent years of reading and studying financial trends, taking advice from periodicals, doing what I was "supposed to do" with my money, saving and investing, being frugal.  Almost all wiped out during the housing bust and crash.  I just smile about it now, what else can I do.  

19 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Not even that....just get bored easily for some reason....shit I'm on a 2009 M8 so clearly I have gone backwards.

Do you have a lot of off trail riding in your area?

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

smoking..if you're doing it quit..trust me on that.

I quit smoking cigars a year and a half ago using a vaporizer. I still vape some with a 0 nicotine juice.