overtime rule change?

:lmao:

Do you get paid for overtime work? The House of Representatives just passed a bill you may want to know about.

The measure, backed by Republicans, would let employers give workers time off instead of time-and-a-half pay the next time they put in extra hours. The vote tally was largely along party lines, with no Democrats voting in favor of the bill. Six Republicans also voted against it.

G.O.P. leadership has touted the legislation, called the Working Families Flexibility Act, as an attempt to codify flexibility for employees.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/news/economy/overtime-pay-bill-passes-house/index.html

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so u would rather have the ot check than the extra paid days off for sled trips? yeah though so

alot of people depend on over time pay and would prefer it over comp time. why in the fuck does this even need explained? :lol:

Edited by Snoslinger

IMO opinion it should be the employees choice as well not the employer with how to take the extra time.  Theres just as many who would like the time off as the OT but we all know that employers would force OT when it's busy then just shuffle the vacation time to the seasons they are slow if they are the only ones who can control it.  

• Like 1

Just now, Snoslinger said:

alot of people depend on over time pay and would prefer it over comp time. why in the fuck does even need explained? :lol:

but what about the employees who want the comp time because there are plenty of them.

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If I was hourly and was allowed to choose PTO at 1.5 time or pay at 1.5 time, I'm for it.  

i'd rather have the choice than my employer. 

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

but what about the employees who want the comp time because there are plenty of them.

that's usually negotiable as the employer would most likely prefer the comp time. now, though, the employer can fall back on this and not give an option. 

• Gold Member

If under stand that article right the employee chooses between time & 1/2 or time off BUT if the employee chooses time off, the employer decides when the employee can use the time.

Not sure how I feel about that really. I like the employee choice part.

i'd rather have the choice then my employer. 

it should be negotiable just like other comp.  I am in a business where it is in many cases horribly slow in the winter compared to April-October so being able to work that out with employees would be helpful rather than cutting them to 4 day work weeks or do layoff when it is slow.   

• Like 1

i'd rather have the choice then my employer. 

Good grief.  You should read factual stuff a lot more.  How do these articles and write ups not seem somehow "off" and biased to you twits?  Look at the itty tiny bit of actual substance in it.  Jeez!

But I get it:

IMG_1944.JPG

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

IMO opinion it should be the employees choice as well not the employer with how to take the extra time.  Theres just as many who would like the time off as the OT but we all know that employers would force OT when it's busy then just shuffle the vacation time to the seasons they are slow if they are the only ones who can control it.  

agreed, but i disagree with the comp time volumes. i'd say more blue collar workers want the pay.

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

If under stand that article right the employee chooses between time & 1/2 or time off BUT if the employee chooses time off, the employer decides when the employee can use the time.

Not sure how I feel about that really. I like the employee choice part.

as usual, you miss the main point :lol: when the time is used is not relevant really. this policy just gives the employer a legal way out of paying ot. 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

alot of people depend on over time pay and would prefer it over comp time. why in the fuck does this even need explained? :lol:

all washes out in the end just on a diff check. if they really need the cash they can book all that vacation and go work a 2nd temp job and get double time not just time and 1/2.

I don't give a shit my phone is always on and e mail never stops .   after 5 it is called a service call after 8 or weekend a emergency and I pay the guys or my self  accordingly. usually a emergency I take because I want the quick 350 for the first 15min

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I disagree.  But they can CHOOSE!!!!!!

now, yeah, there is more choice. cause the employer would rather pay the comp time.  with this new policy however, the employer has more power. but that's the republican way. 

• Gold Member

as usual, you miss the main point :lol: when the time is used is not relevant really. this policy just gives the employer a legal way out of paying ot. 

Are you saying the employee cannot choose between time or pay?