Obey the law! No matter how just!

3 hours ago, Anler said:

That's right, you need to buy a license to practice engineering!!!

Yup and you don't even need to be an engineer in a particular field.  The stamp gives you cross discipline approval.  Worked with a few who had zero clue what they even stamped. 

3 hours ago, Boered said:

Exactly, now if you were to start an engineering firm in the state without first getting licenced, they may have a point. he was merely outlining his background in engineering as he exposed the idiocy of the red light camera scam. Cliffy(02) is a fucking bootlicking retard.

Most work in multi state or many different countries so the local license means nothing.  It all comes down to paying licenses in every state.  It's just a scam. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Most work in multi state or many different countries so the local license means nothing.  It all comes down to paying licenses in every state.  It's just a scam. 

Pretty much legal extortion. Is it the same for you guys here in Canada?

12 minutes ago, Boered said:

Pretty much legal extortion. Is it the same for you guys here in Canada?

Yes. Even though I'm a licensed individual, peo wanted us to pay a corporate engineering fee.  I told them we stamp no drawings in ontario so the fee would be useless.  So we told them to fuck off.  All because we mentioned on the website that we did engineered electrical drawings, so we removed that reference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yup and you don't even need to be an engineer in a particular field.  The stamp gives you cross discipline approval.  Worked with a few who had zero clue what they even stamped. 

To stamp drawings I would agree someone should be certified at least. But to time the difference between yellow lights where red light cameras are compared to where they aren't to contest a ticket? It's well known around here that the yellow lights are real short at red light camera intersections. It's fucking predatory. 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

To stamp drawings I would agree someone should be certified at least. But to time the difference between yellow lights where red light cameras are compared to where they aren't to contest a ticket? It's well known around here that the yellow lights are real short at red light camera intersections. It's fucking predatory. 

I think it was Chicago the dropped the yellow lights to the lowest legal minimum time (maybe lower) to generate more tickets.  I remember reading something about that.  

Thank God in MN the red light cameras are outlawed.  

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I think it was Chicago the dropped the yellow lights to the lowest legal minimum time (maybe lower) to generate more tickets.  I remember reading something about that.  

Chicago has the most predatory practices in the country. The parking division is practically a car theft ring...

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

There's one at Rand and Dundee by me I bet makes 10k a day easy just from folks rolling the right on red...100 bucks a pop.

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Chicago has the most predatory practices in the country. The parking division is practically a car theft ring...

What we don't have for cameras, they make up for in cops.  My wife got popped for a no right turn on red ticket one morning.  $136.  They had 4 cops sitting there for 7am to 5pm or later ticketing people all day.  She said the first thing the cop said to her was "I'm guessing you didn't see our new sign..."

Another local favorite is the flashing light for school zone speed limits around time change.

26 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What?  Outlawed?  They've got cameras on every damn traffic light around here.  Are you saying they aren't in use?

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Red light cameras for tickets.  

I know, you said they were outlawed?  So, what are all the cameras for then?  Can I run the fucking red light or not?!?!?!?

GO TO PM!1!!!!!!!1!1111111

:lol:

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, Boered said:

Exactly, now if you were to start an engineering firm in the state without first getting licenced, they may have a point. he was merely outlining his background in engineering as he exposed the idiocy of the red light camera scam. Cliffy(02) is a fucking bootlicking retard.

Zoso is a moron as usual... His Swedish credentials are irrelevant in the US. As would be the credentials of someone who says I'm a lawyer based on a correspondence law degree obtained while living in Pakistan or a medical doctor who obtained an MD status from North Korea. Had he qualified his statement that he was an accredited engineer in Sweden rather than make the statement I am an engineer it would be different. It is a professional accreditation he which he no longer has. You want to bet he has not kept up with his association fees from Sweden.

Go take some more of your meds moron. What can you claim to be... a professional idiot?  

Edited by 02sled

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:30 PM, Anler said:

All he needed to do was remove the reference to being an engineer, similar in concept to what Arctic Crusher did on his website when he removed the reference to providing engineered drawings and he would have been in the clear. Obviously he figured his claims of being an engineer established validity of his claims about the cameras. Why else would he have made the claims.

56 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Zoso is a moron as usual... His Swedish credentials are irrelevant in the US. As would be the credentials of someone who says I'm a lawyer based on a correspondence law degree obtained while living in Pakistan or a medical doctor who obtained an MD status from North Korea. Had he qualified his statement that he was an accredited engineer in Sweden rather than make the statement I am an engineer it would be different. It is a professional accreditation he which he no longer has. You want to bet he has not kept up with his association fees from Sweden.

Go take some more of your meds moron. What can you claim to be... a professional idiot?  

Cliffy as usual you are down on your knees licking the boots of authority. I guess being a fucking pussy your whole life has made you very dependant on others to keep you safe. Thankfully most people like you will be dead and gone very soon and we can kill fascism.

On 4/28/2017 at 7:23 PM, BOHICA said:

I'm a field engineer....  I have to engineer a lot of stuff as it being built due to shit being fucked up from engineering.  Just bust out the red pen on the as builds.  To many young kids that went to school for engineering in there respective discipline and think they are engineers once they get that diploma.  

Engineers shouldnt require a state license.  That is the true crime is states money grabbing through license fees.

"as builts"