O'Reilly: "People are trying to kill me right now"

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I like the pavilion seats better. The lawn gets a little crazy at times. And when tailgating use plastic cups. Security will mess with you if you have a can or bottle of booze in your hand.

:bc: 

can you bring backpacks into the area? 

I would definitely be on the lawn for Tool.  I guess it just depends on your level of rowdyness. Boobies, drugs, fights, slamming , drunken obnoxious behavior all goes on the  hill.  ;')

tmp_29734-IMG_20150822_195010949_HDR-1696448715.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

can you bring backpacks into the area? 

DTE ENERGY MUSIC THEATRE RULES

These rules are always subject to change, keep checking back for updates. Please abide by the rules set to ensure you have the best possible experience at the venue and to ensure the safety of all patrons attending events.

General Rules

Items Permitted:

Picnic baskets with food (no beverages)
• Coolers (small and no wheels)
• Ice
• Beach and sand chairs (short legs and back) 26 inch height maximum
• Blankets, sleeping bags and tarps
• Umbrellas (patio/beach umbrellas that stick into the ground are prohibited)
• (Standard size with no points)
• Binoculars
• Seeing Eye dogs
• No Smoking in Pavilion

These Items may NOT be brought into DTE Energy Music Theatre:

• Alcoholic Beverages
• Aerosol cans
• Laser pointers
• Long-legged lawn chairs
• Bottles, cans or any liquid containers of any kind (juice boxes may be allowed for children’s shows)
• Glass containers of any kind (including mustard jars, salad dressing jars, olive jars, etc.)
• Patrons without shoes or shirts are not permitted to enter
• Video and sound recording devices

Camera Policy

Personal Cameras are permitted, flash photography, removable lens, or video recording equipment is not, unless otherwise stated by the venue.

Dont see anything about backpacks. You used to be able to bring in drinks and food but they stopped that a while back. Got to buy their 10 dollar beers. 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

DTE ENERGY MUSIC THEATRE RULES

These rules are always subject to change, keep checking back for updates. Please abide by the rules set to ensure you have the best possible experience at the venue and to ensure the safety of all patrons attending events.

General Rules

Items Permitted:

Picnic baskets with food (no beverages)
• Coolers (small and no wheels)
• Ice
• Beach and sand chairs (short legs and back) 26 inch height maximum
• Blankets, sleeping bags and tarps
• Umbrellas (patio/beach umbrellas that stick into the ground are prohibited)
• (Standard size with no points)
• Binoculars
• Seeing Eye dogs
• No Smoking in Pavilion

These Items may NOT be brought into DTE Energy Music Theatre:

• Alcoholic Beverages
• Aerosol cans
• Laser pointers
• Long-legged lawn chairs
• Bottles, cans or any liquid containers of any kind (juice boxes may be allowed for children’s shows)
• Glass containers of any kind (including mustard jars, salad dressing jars, olive jars, etc.)
• Patrons without shoes or shirts are not permitted to enter
• Video and sound recording devices

Camera Policy

Personal Cameras are permitted, flash photography, removable lens, or video recording equipment is not, unless otherwise stated by the venue.

Dont see anything about backpacks. You used to be able to bring in drinks and food but they stopped that a while back. Got to buy their 10 dollar beers. 

thanks!! 

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Tool is playing at Pine Knob.

<brief off-topic comment>

Over the years, I've seen forty or fifty concerts, featuring bands that range from the White Stripes and Radiohead to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Motley Crue, and Disturbed. The best show I have ever seen, however, was a Tool concert.

Edited by CaddisFly

5 minutes ago, CaddisFly said:

<brief off-topic comment>

Over the years, I've seen forty or fifty concerts, featuring bands that range from the White Stripes and Radiohead to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Motley Crue, and Disturbed. The best show I have ever seen, however, was a Tool concert.

even if a person doesn't enjoy Tool.,,i tell them to go anyway. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skidooski said:

It's not like seeing them at Red Rocks or anything but a great smaller outdoor venue that has a grassy hill or covered pavilion seats. Keep your head down if the sod fights start up...lol Usually some decent tailgating going on in the parking lot too depending on who's playing that night  :thumb: 

red rocks is like no other venue. it's really the gold standard. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Clarkston is a nice little town.

Wife and I got married at the athletic club. We lived a few minutes away from there from 1988-2003 in White Lake. Most of my riding buds live in that area.

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Wife and I got married at the athletic club. We lived a few minutes away from there from 1988-2003 in White Lake. Most of my riding buds live in that area.

Live right between White lake & duck lake for around 15 years.  We go to the deer lake all the time.

6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Live right between White lake & duck lake for around 15 years.  We go to the deer lake all the time.

I've been hanging around oxbow lake since I was a kid. My buds parents had a cottage there. A lot of us ended up there as adults when we had enough cheese to afford it. I know some guys over on white lake also. Ever notice that Caswell Window and Door place on 59? One of my best friends owns that with his bro.

19 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I've been hanging around oxbow lake since I was a kid. My buds parents had a cottage there. A lot of us ended up there as adults when we had enough cheese to afford it. I know some guys over on white lake also. Ever notice that Caswell Window and Door place on 59? One of my best friends owns that with his bro.

We met up with him in Cadillac some years back .  We were stopped somewhere and got to talking.  funny, small world. 🍻

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

We met up with him in Cadillac some years back .  We were stopped somewhere and got to talking.  funny, small world. 🍻

Yep, his cabin is right next to mine by Caberfae. Small world indeed...