Mexico pushes back

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Florida, California, and Hawaii work for me when I'm looking for beaches and heat. 

:bc: 

Those mexican beaches are nicer IMO... Oh and for the highest concentration of hot chicks I have found Miami Beach is my new favorite... :bc: 

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, Anler said:

:lol: I dont even know. My wife made the arrangements based upon some referrals she got from friends who just got back from there. Do you have any recommendations? 

Do you want more of a relaxing resort, or party time overdrive 

Just now, Anler said:

Those mexican beaches are nicer IMO... 

I've got some friends that say the same. I'm a creature of habit I guess. Kaanapali beach in Maui, and paradise island in the Bahamas are my faves. Really don't need to look any further.

Just now, Sludgey said:

Do you want more of a relaxing resort, or party time overdrive 

We are site seers... We dont really do the resort thing. But I have no intentions of staying at a dump. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

We are site seers... We dont really do the resort thing. But I have no intentions of staying at a dump. 

Well Cuba isn't huge. Santa Maria area would be the nicest. You can fly from there to Havana easy if you want. Facilities in Cuba aren't as nice as Mexico so expect that. I stayed at melia las dunas there. Facilities were reasonable. Food was actually decent. 

On the tourist island the only Cubans allowed there are there to work too.  But the cities are pretty safe too. Just tell everyone that you're Canadian and you'll be safe as fuck

6 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Well Cuba isn't huge. Santa Maria area would be the nicest. You can fly from there to Havana easy if you want. Facilities in Cuba aren't as nice as Mexico so expect that. I stayed at melia las dunas there. Facilities were reasonable. Food was actually decent. 

On the tourist island the only Cubans allowed there are there to work too.  But the cities are pretty safe too. Just tell everyone that you're Canadian and you'll be safe as fuck

I grew up in Chicago brah. I aint skeered of Cuba. But i do want to experience Cuba before it changes. Trying to get some of our spanish speaking friends to come with us. I do ok with it but not great. My Spanish is far better than my French.  :bc: 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I grew up in Chicago brah. I aint skeered of Cuba. But i do want to experience Cuba before it changes. Trying to get some of our spanish speaking friends to come with us. I do ok with it but not great. My Spanish is far better than my French.  :bc: 

The resorts know that their customers aren't going to be fluent in Spanish and the staff all speak English so make the trip if you really want to go there. The food is mediocre though.

It's certainly a more unique experience. Cubans are a lot more laid back than Mexicans. Honestly just walking around small towns or cities and nobody really even looks at you.  There's not really any major markets or stores. Just little mom and pop shops here and there. 

Just now, Sludgey said:

It's certainly a more unique experience. Cubans are a lot more laid back than Mexicans. Honestly just walking around small towns or cities and nobody really even looks at you.  There's not really any major markets or stores. Just little mom and pop shops here and there. 

Good, less places for my wife to spend money. And I love Cuban food so should be great for me. 

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

The resorts know that their customers aren't going to be fluent in Spanish and the staff all speak English so make the trip if you really want to go there. The food is mediocre though.

They speak enough English to get by and that's it. There's so many different languages from people from different countries there it makes it hard for the people to become fluent in all of them.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

The food at the resorts? Yeah I am a food snob, I will seek out the best places from the locals. Thats how i roll...

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cubas for budget minded travellers....same as Dominican Republic....wouldnt go to either again personally.

Just now, Dave said:

Cubas for budget minded travellers....same as Dominican Republic....wouldnt go to either again personally.

I have no desire to go to Dominican but I think Cuba is rather unique and I would like to see it. 

• Like 1

Old cars do nothing for me...

Well there is those cigars you guys couldnt get before. :lol:

Ill stop now...just realized im sounding like AMG.

Edited by Dave

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Well there is those cigars you guys couldnt get before. :lol:

Ill stop now...just realized im sounding like AMG.

Yeah you are. :lol: I dont really care for cigars either. I will give my honest opinions when i get back whether it was worth it or not. 

Just now, Anler said:

Yeah you are. :lol: I dont really care for cigars either. I will give my honest opinions when i get back whether it was worth it or not. 

Im sure you'll have a good time...we did as well...but it just wasnt a place id go back to if you know what I mean. :bc:

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I've got some friends that say the same. I'm a creature of habit I guess. Kaanapali beach in Maui, and paradise island in the Bahamas are my faves. Really don't need to look any further.

I havent been to Kaanapali beach in a loong time. Maui was my favorite of the islands but i have never been to kauai. It was still in early development when we first started going there and fairly desolate. More of a honeymooners place we were told so i never went. I wonder what it is like now. 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Florida, California, and Hawaii work for me when I'm looking for beaches and heat. 

:bc: 

fuck Hawaii and the long ass flight to get there,  Unless your looking to surf the cCaribbean beaches are better than FL and Cali.  

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

a six pack

You've chosen to ignore content by Sludgey. Options
You've chosen to ignore content by Zambroski. Options
You've chosen to ignore content by Edmo. Options
You've chosen to ignore content by Sludgey. Options

Same guy twice and another three times and that's a six pack in FAKENEWSMAINECUNT land :lmao: What a moron

Just now, Momorider said:

Same guy twice and another three times and that's a six pack in FAKENEWSMAINECUNT land :lmao: What a moron

:lol:

It's important for them to keep ensuring we know he can't read our posts (but we know he does anyway).  See, by letting us know, we are supposed to lose interest in making him look like a complete idiot (easily accomplished) and stop posting things that make him hurt and angry inside.

WGAF? :lol: I don't want conversations with these clowns.  I just wanna try and make them look foolish and inept.  Again, easily done!

HI MC!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

I havent been to Kaanapali beach in a loong time. Maui was my favorite of the islands but i have never been to kauai. It was still in early development when we first started going there and fairly desolate. More of a honeymooners place we were told so i never went. I wonder what it is like now. 

Kauai is still pretty untamed compared to the rest of Hawaii. There are some big resorts there but it's quiet comparatively.