Ted Cruz: Take El Chapo's $14 billion to pay for the wall

• Platinum Contributing Member

Great idea.   The left will say its his money and should be returned in lieu of a prisoner swap.  I mean after all its his money. :lol:  

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-take-el-chapos-14-billion-to-pay-for-the-wall/article/2621250

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, wants the billions of dollars confiscated from an infamous Mexican drug lord to finance the construction of a wall on the Mexican-American border.

"Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border," Cruz said Tuesday in a statement unveiling the El Chapo Act, named after the drug kingpin who was extradited to the United States in January.

Cruz's bill, if implemented as conceived, would provide the $14 billion subject to confiscation from El Chapo as well as money taken from drug lords arrested in future cases. It's a bankshot at border funding designed to fulfill the spirit of President Trump's pledge to "make Mexico pay" for the wall that has gained currency among some Republicans.

Edited by Highmark

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Day late and a dollar short as usual. Doesnt surprise me that you think its a great idea either. 

DOH!   My bad.  Still a good idea even if Momo agree's with it. :lol:  

Just now, Highmark said:

DOH!   My bad.  Still a good idea even if Momo agree's with it. :lol:  

No, its not. But as long as its not your tax dollars they are stealing from you, you dont care, right? :bc: 

Just now, Anler said:

No, its not. But as long as its not your tax dollars they are stealing from you, you dont care, right? :bc: 

Its drug money.  I don't care if its the cartels or the drug users in America.   As long as its not mine.  

Please do explain why this is a bad idea.  I can't wait to hear this. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Its drug money.  I don't care if its the cartels or the drug users in America.   As long as its not mine.  

Please do explain why this is a bad idea.  I can't wait to hear this. 

I already did. 

Thats how they are packaging it up to sell to the unwashed masses. Great idea right? But in reality it is theft. If it was found that a pharmaceutical company was involved in pushing prescription narcotics thru street dealers do you think the govt would take all of the companies assets? One can argue that the govt is complicit in the actual crime and aggressive about the forfeiture. Thats not freedom brah, no matter what you think about the means the revenue was obtained. Thats theft and it opens a door that could allow for  unlimited avenues of forfeiture. What about the victims of El Chapos crimes? should they deserve first claims at restitution for the murdered family members? Or do you think the US govt deserves that money first? 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I already did. 

"If it was found that a pharmaceutical company was involved in pushing prescription narcotics thru street dealers do you think the govt would take all of the companies assets?"

Has this happened?   Pretty facile argument until it does.

The cartel leaders are not American citizens.   No question seizures can be a sketchy undertaking by American LE but foreign seizures more power to them.  Just where do you think this money should go back to the users?   :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

This is what our drug laws are based upon. Its not AT ALL about stopping the trafficking of drugs, it is about the forfeiture. Cops will bust small time dealers and they always give them an out. Snitch on the big guy and we will let you go. So they go get the big guy and they take his house, seize all bank accounts, cash, businesses, cars, jewelry, whatever. But the flow of drugs never stops. They just go after the next big guy so they can take his shit. The govt is entirely complicit in the trafficking of drugs, they just want the cash. So who are the real criminals here? 

And we already know where all of the worlds heroin comes from, in fact we have troops there. Do we stop it there? nope. We already know where all of the worlds cocaine comes from, do we stop it there? nope. We already know who is bringing the drugs in to the US. We already know about all of the heinous crimes that are committed to facilitate that. Tens of thousands of murders. Including US law enforcement officers. Do we actively work to incarcerate them? Nope. But forget about all of the victims, the US govt deserves them money.  

"If it was found that a pharmaceutical company was involved in pushing prescription narcotics thru street dealers do you think the govt would take all of the companies assets?"

Has this happened?   Pretty facile argument until it does.

The cartel leaders are not American citizens.   No question seizures can be a sketchy undertaking by American LE but foreign seizures more power to them.  Just where do you think this money should go back to the users?   :lol:  

I already said. All of the victims of Chapo deserve their first shot at restitution. Not the US govt who helped facilitate the trafficking. 

Just now, Anler said:

This is what our drug laws are based upon. Its not AT ALL about stopping the trafficking of drugs, it is about the forfeiture. Cops will bust small time dealers and they always give them an out. Snitch on the big guy and we will let you go. So they go get the big guy and they take his house, seize all bank accounts, cash, businesses, cars, jewelry, whatever. But the flow of drugs never stops. They just go after the next big guy so they can take his shit. The govt is entirely complicit in the trafficking of drugs, they just want the cash. So who are the real criminals here? 

And we already know where all of the worlds heroin comes from, in fact we have troops there. Do we stop it there? nope. We already know where all of the worlds cocaine comes from, do we stop it there? nope. We already know who is bringing the drugs in to the US. We already know about all of the heinous crimes that are committed to facilitate that. Tens of thousands of murders. Including US law enforcement officers. Do we actively work to incarcerate them? Nope. But forget about all of the victims, the US govt deserves them money.  

Fact is you are wrong.

• Heroin is manufactured from opium poppies cultivated in four primary source areas: South America, Southeast and Southwest Asia, and Mexico. Although Afghanistan produces the majority of the world's heroin, South American heroin has become the most prevalent type available in the U.S., particularly in the Northeast, South and Midwest. The particular form known as "black tar" from Mexico, a less pure form of heroin, is more commonly found in the western and southwestern United States. This heroin may be sticky like roofing tar or hard like coal, with its color varying from dark brown to black.

Fact is you are wrong.

• Heroin is manufactured from opium poppies cultivated in four primary source areas: South America, Southeast and Southwest Asia, and Mexico. Although Afghanistan produces the majority of the world's heroin, South American heroin has become the most prevalent type available in the U.S., particularly in the Northeast, South and Midwest. The particular form known as "black tar" from Mexico, a less pure form of heroin, is more commonly found in the western and southwestern United States. This heroin may be sticky like roofing tar or hard like coal, with its color varying from dark brown to black.

So we do know where it comes from? But lets fight it on every street corner in the US? Nah, let it come in and lets steal the money! :bc: 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I already said. All of the victims of Chapo deserve their first shot at restitution. Not the US govt who helped facilitate the trafficking. 

Innocent victims I can agree with.   People who chose to deal or use.  Sorry you're SOOL.  I'm pretty sure there will be plenty left over.  

Just now, Anler said:

So we do know where it comes from? But lets fight it on every street corner in the US? Nah, let it come in and lets steal the money! :bc: 

Dude, brah, bro....I'm all for legalizing drugs.   Hell I'd agree to giving it to them for little or no cost because if you take the money out of the equation the violence that surrounds it mostly disappears.  The reason I want the wall AND better border security at every entry point is to stop the drugs BEFORE they get to the street corner.

Where do you suggest we stop it?   Send troops into Mexico and South America?   

Just now, Highmark said:

Innocent victims I can agree with.   People who chose to deal or use.  Sorry you're SOOL.  I'm pretty sure there will be plenty left over.  

Murder is murder brah. Its not up to you to decide who should live or die. Thats for the courts. And they deserve first shot. And there are tens of thousands of innocents that were killed. The cartels have basically turned Mexico into a Narco state. Cracking down and seizing money for the victims would be very effective at curbing the violence. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Dude, brah, bro....I'm all for legalizing drugs.   Hell I'd agree to giving it to them for little or no cost because if you take the money out of the equation the violence that surrounds it mostly disappears.  The reason I want the wall AND better border security at every entry point is to stop the drugs BEFORE they get to the street corner.

Where do you suggest we stop it?   Send troops into Mexico and South America?   

If you want a new car do you go stick up the local drug dealer so you can afford it? Hey he is a drug dealer, he should pay for your car!

Just now, Anler said:

Murder is murder brah. Its not up to you to decide who should live or die. Thats for the courts. And they deserve first shot. And there are tens of thousands of innocents that were killed. The cartels have basically turned Mexico into a Narco state. Cracking down and seizing money for the victims would be very effective at curbing the violence. 

Fuck that.   Its natural to their line of work or recreational habits.  Its not for you to decide either how that money is used.

Just what we need our or their courts to be tied up with.   Drug users families gold digging because someone got killed for wanting to get high or rich quick by selling drugs to kids.   

Fuck that.   Its natural to their line of work or recreational habits.  Its not for you to decide either how that money is used.

Just what we need our or their courts to be tied up with.   Drug users families gold digging because someone got killed for wanting to get high or rich quick by selling drugs to kids.   

Hahahaha! Right! Why should we tie up courts with justice for victims? We should tie them up with users and dealers and steal the money! That is totally conservative! :lol: 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

If you want a new car do you go stick up the local drug dealer so you can afford it? Hey he is a drug dealer, he should pay for your car!

What a moronic example. :lol:  LE has to spend money to fight the drugs coming in.   Drug use CAUSES other crime.   The less the taxpayers who do not use have to pay for it the better.  Let the users and dealers pick up the tab.   God know's the dealers are not paying taxes on their earnings but go ahead and feel sorry for them.   Damn you are a piece of work.  

I love how "conservatives" can justify theft when it is not their money but stealing money in the form of taxes to pay for stuff that they dont use? Outrageous! 

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

I love how "conservatives" can justify theft when it is not their money but stealing money in the form of taxes to pay for stuff that they dont use? Outrageous! 

:lol:  You honestly feel confiscating drug money is equivalent to taxes?   Holy fuck brah.... :lol:     

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

:lol:  You honestly feel confiscating drug money is equivalent to taxes?   Holy fuck brah....:LOL:  

So the govt is complicit in crime and aggressive about stealing the cash and you dont see anything wrong with that? I am not surprised...

Just now, Anler said:

So the govt is complicit in crime and aggressive about stealing the cash and you dont see anything wrong with that? I am not surprised...

Stealing.... :lol:  

Dude the govt seizes money all the time that is not involved in drugs.  Bank accounts involved in Medicare fraud is just one example.   Is that stealing?

When assets obtained are the result of a crime the govt can seize it.   Yes there are cases where the money should go back if the people/company was the victim.   I really don't see how drug dealers and users are a victim.  

I'm sure there are plenty of examples where this line is crossed by the govt and I'd never be supportive of that.   But if you are gaining financially from criminal activity then I could give a shit if you lose those gains.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Stealing.... :lol:  

Dude the govt seizes money all the time that is not involved in drugs.  Bank accounts involved in Medicare fraud is just one example.   Is that stealing?

When assets obtained are the result of a crime the govt can seize it.   Yes there are cases where the money should go back if the people/company was the victim.   I really don't see how drug dealers and users are a victim.  

I'm sure there are plenty of examples where this line is crossed by the govt and I'd never be supportive of that.   But if you are gaining financially from criminal activity then I could give a shit if you lose those gains.  

Well if a company stole govt money then yeah, it should go back to the government. But if a criminal organization murdered police officers, news reporters and other innocent civilians do you think they have a rightful claim at restitution? El Chapo is in prison but drugs are still coming to the United States. Should we wait for another king pin to amasse a couple billion dollars and then just take that? How is that combating crime?