What's a Website Domain Name Worth

Interestingly, I got a call this week from a company that wants to buy my akracing.com domain name.  I started the website back in 2004 when we were racing SnoX full time.  The last couple of years I have neglected the website but I still own the domain name and pay for hosting. 

The company that wants to buy my website name makes gaming chairs.   Nice gaming chairs.  Their first offer is pretty good, $4000 plus a couple of their gaming chairs so I don't think I will even counter offer.  I talked to them earlier today and talked to my web designer (my wife) and I think I m going to accept their offer and let them have akracing.com

Suggestions/Opinions?

Here is the company

http://akracing.co/

Some of their gaming chairs.

15439709_1173580432738570_25160739162762

16806743_1243687802394499_64708236470060

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

damn , thats cool that you had that 

I have a couple more domain names locked up from my racing days.  The Adrenlin Factory was the name of my Blown Alcohol Dragster and race team.  Spelled both ways, Adrenaline and Adrenalin.  Costs me about $5 annually to register the domain

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I have a couple more domain names locked up from my racing days.  The Adrenlin Factory was the name of my Blown Alcohol Dragster and race team.  Spelled both ways, Adrenaline and Adrenalin.  Costs me about $5 annually to register the domain

Youre like Elon Musk !!!!!!!!!!!111

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's worth whatever you can get for it.  Not sure what they do but if it's appropriately linked to that name good and tight, I'd counter at $12,500.00. Tell them you had big plans for it this year.

greedy whore :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's worth whatever you can get for it.  Not sure what they do but if it's appropriately linked to that name good and tight, I'd counter at $12,500.00. Tell them you had big plans for it this year.

Hahahaha.  I think $4000 is more than fair.  Pays for a complete Stage 3 Banks System and performance upgrade for the new motorhome. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahahaha.  I think $4000 is more than fair.  Pays for a complete Stage 3 Banks System and performance upgrade for the new motorhome. 

:bc: bet those chairs aren't cheap either good luck your getting over $5K

Just now, Momorider said:

:bc: bet those chairs aren't cheap either good luck your getting over $5K

The entry level chairs are about $250 plus shipping.  They will probably send me a couple of demo chairs from one of their shows.  Or some color they can't seem to get rid o.  Hahahaha

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The entry level chairs are about $250 plus shipping.  They will probably send me a couple of demo chairs from one of their shows.  Or some color they can't seem to get rid o.  Hahahaha

Fuck that tell them deal but you want to shop the web site for top of the line :)

Edited by Momorider

it is a bit harder to get the big cash now days with all the diff .com .org etc etc.

I would also ask for a wholesale account with drop ship . why not no skin off there ass and u may pull a few more bucks of a e bay store  or the like

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

$4000 seems like a very good offer. However, if they will pay $4000 I'd be willing to bet they would go for $5000. That's would I would counter with. Put the extra $1000 toward your next trip to New England :bc:

They want it..it has value, counter with 15k no chairs and see where they go. They will not just give up but will either take it or offer you another number. I know you will get more than 5 if they offered 4 off the bat.

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

$4000 seems like a very good offer. However, if they will pay $4000 I'd be willing to bet they would go for $5000. That's would I would counter with. Put the extra $1000 toward your next trip to New England :bc:

That's what I thinking :bc: 

54 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dont knock it the demos are new each show.   a bud bought one of there demos he assembled for them on the show floor after PAX , a video game show here.

solid chairs :bc:  

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

There are websites out there value other websites, I have no idea how accurate they are but it might be worth to do a little research.

they value them based on traffic ....not on name recognition or anything like that. Its impossible to value bare domain names 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Interestingly, I got a call this week from a company that wants to buy my akracing.com domain name.  I started the website back in 2004 when we were racing SnoX full time.  The last couple of years I have neglected the website but I still own the domain name and pay for hosting. 

The company that wants to buy my website name makes gaming chairs.   Nice gaming chairs.  Their first offer is pretty good, $4000 plus a couple of their gaming chairs so I don't think I will even counter offer.  I talked to them earlier today and talked to my web designer (my wife) and I think I m going to accept their offer and let them have akracing.com

Suggestions/Opinions?

Here is the company

http://akracing.co/

Some of their gaming chairs.

15439709_1173580432738570_25160739162762

16806743_1243687802394499_64708236470060

Seems like a good offer.

I wanted a website that was not being used, but was locked up by some company. Whatever domain site I was using said the bidding for the name I wanted started at $10k.  Um, no thanks.

I simply added inc.com and llc.com to the name I wanted, and registered the name that way (as I'm currently unsure if it'll be incorporated or an llc).  

Problem mostly solved imo.

$4k is a good offer for a site that you're not doing much with. 

If the site had more traffic, it'd be worth more of course.

I'd take the offer unless you think you want to try your luck and see if you can get $6K out of them. 

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

$4k is a good offer for a site that you're not doing much with. 

If the site had more traffic, it'd be worth more of course.

I'd take the offer unless you think you want to try your luck and see if you can get $6K out of them. 

And then end up with nothing :dunno: 

• Like 1