easily the #1 music event of the 20th century.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

while most were rotting their brains on kansas, blue oyster cult, and reo....there was a select few of us that were indulging on the Beatles White album. more of their simplistic, musical arrangements. :lol: 

This is why people hate Beatles fans...the pretension is literally dripping off your bald head.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH the 70's was the greatest time for rock music with the greatest band ever being led Zeppelin.  Outside of GnR the 80's was pretty marginal although i do listen to a bunch of it due to the memories.  

Never really a big beatles fan,  they had some good tunes but if i was listening to 60's poppy music i would prefer the Beach Boys. 

80's Metallica is great. 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

SMH the 70's was the greatest time for rock music with the greatest band ever being led Zeppelin.  Outside of GnR the 80's was pretty marginal although i do listen to a bunch of it due to the memories.  

Never really a big beatles fan,  they had some good tunes but if i was listening to 60's poppy music i would prefer the Beach Boys. 

I'm definitely a Zeppelin fan and there are plenty of good bands from the 70's for sure. 

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not special in the least.  Just calling it like I see it.  Lots of great music out there written and performed by great musicians.  IMO the Beatles were no where even close to great. 

You don't know anything about music obviously, so why share your shitty opinion?

11 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

BTW I prefer The Rolling Stones...The Beatles degenerate cousins. :lol:

I am not a real big Stone fan either but they had some fucking awesome songs. Sympathy for the devil and Gimme Shelter are 2 of the best of all time! :bc: I especially love the cover Motorhead did... RIP Lemmy..

18 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

80's Metallica is great. 

i've never been a metallica fan. there's perhaps 2 songs out of their entire catalog that resonate with me. i do like james hetfield. i watched a lengthy podcast interview with him. interesting guy. 

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Wilson was a genius. simple, but some great hooks.

A couple notes from a beach boy song and you know exactly what song it is.  

17 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

80's Metallica is great. 

Truth.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I am not a real big Stone fan either but they had some fucking awesome songs. Sympathy for the devil and Gimme Shelter are 2 of the best of all time! :bc: I especially love the cover Motorhead did... RIP Lemmy..

Right on.  Lemmy was Metal before there was metal.

The Netflix Documentary was awesome.  Guy partied and lived like an animal.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

i've never been a metallica fan. there's perhaps 2 songs out of their entire catalog that resonate with me. i do like james hetfield. i watched a lengthy podcast interview with him. interesting guy. 

That's it?  

Lot of good stuff.

38 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

80's Metallica is great. 

There was tons of great music in the 80's.   I grew up road tripping listening to the Eagles and Johnny Cougar.  Eagles were more 70's.  I admit I liked the hairbands like BonJovi, Kiss, Motley Crue, AC/DC, GnR and others.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

That's it?  

Lot of good stuff.

it's not bad. just doesn't do anything to my head. it feels too disorganized. other than their current bass player, i don't think that they're very good musicians. but together they do work well. being a technically good musician doesn't mean shit within the art form. i think metallica is a good example of that. while i may not like them, they certainly have a strong appeal to millions of people. 

You had to live at the time the Beatles started. Their music was totally different than Frankie Avalon or Bobbie Vinton. Comparing the Beatles to anything else was impossible.

Simple maybe but timeless in the fact the lyrics can be remembered so easily by almost everyone.

30 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

it's not bad. just doesn't do anything to my head. it feels too disorganized. other than their current bass player, i don't think that they're very good musicians. but together they do work well. being a technically good musician doesn't mean shit within the art form. i think metallica is a good example of that. while i may not like them, they certainly have a strong appeal to millions of people. 

:iagree:

Some bands transcend the music. Motorhead, Metallica, Grateful dead, it is an attitude.  

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

You had to live at the time the Beatles started. Their music was totally different than Frankie Avalon or Bobbie Vinton. Comparing the Beatles to anything else was impossible.

Simple maybe but timeless in the fact the lyrics can be remembered so easily by almost everyone.

i watched as my older sister, by 14 years, went through beatlemania. it was a crazy time for sure. the conservatives of the day were losing their minds. then when john said that the beatles were bigger than jesus christ everyone lost their shit. even the beatles panicked. they thought everything that they had worked for would go away. it didn't. they got even more popular. i like that. :lol: 

a good part of the beatles is really how they evolved without self destructing. i can't think of one band that changed so much from their formation to eventual break up. 

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

Only up to justice. After Bob rock got in there ,they blew chunks 

Oh you're one of those guys...not a huge fan but I like the Black Album.

12 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not special in the least.  Just calling it like I see it.  Lots of great music out there written and performed by great musicians.  IMO the Beatles were no where even close to great. 

Id have to agree with you....the beatles are no different then the monkees imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Oh you're one of those guys...not a huge fan but I like the Black Album.

Yeah,I couldn't get into the black album..I tried, but just couldn't do it lol. And especially anything thereafter 

45 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yeah,I couldn't get into the black album..I tried, but just couldn't do it lol. And especially anything thereafter 

I liked a few tunes off it.  I know nothing of their work after that album.

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

But Enter Sandman is such a badass stripper song! :lol:

• Like 1