easily the #1 music event of the 20th century.

That is the most simple music ever recorded.  A couple 12 year olds could strike those cords.  There is absolutely nothing significant about the music the Beatles played.   Simple music for simple people. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That is the most simple music ever recorded.  A couple 12 year olds could strike those cords.  There is absolutely nothing significant about the music the Beatles played.   Simple music for simple people. 

well aren't you just special. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

well aren't you just special. 

Not special in the least.  Just calling it like I see it.  Lots of great music out there written and performed by great musicians.  IMO the Beatles were no where even close to great. 

• Like 1

Your opinion seems to differ from most people on the planet. I've been told by a number of guitarists that Blackbird that Paul McCartney does is extremely difficult to play. 

What instrument do you play? 

I was never a fan, but no denying they were a influential band.  I think a lot of it is being in the right place at the right time. Music doesn't have to be complicated to be good.  Sometimes, I just like a song because it reminds me of something or takes me back to a fun time. The Beatles had that for a lot of people. It was bigger than a band.  

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

:lmao:

don't you have anything better to do than play mr asshole and try to get us non rwws fired up?

The Beatles started their record career with simple easy to sing music because rock and roll was just that simple beat easy to remember the lyrics.

Years later they polished their recording with much more difficult compositions and especially their harmonies.

My opinion is George Harrison was way underrated for what he brought to the Beatles.

54 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I was never a fan, but no denying they were a influential band.  I think a lot of it is being in the right place at the right time. Music doesn't have to be complicated to be good.  Sometimes, I just like a song because it reminds me of something or takes me back to a fun time. The Beatles had that for a lot of people. It was bigger than a band.  

This.  I never found that music appealing...but it was a bit before my time.  I don't deny there was some talent there.  But compared to later musicians,well...mediocre at best.

9 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Fuck, if that is not the most idiotic statement ever made. I guess the more complex the writing the better it is? Music is subjective, it is about evoking emotion, it is about feeling it...in other words you fucking simpleton, it has nothing to do with the difficulty in playing it after it was written, and everything about the connection it made when the original artists first performed it.

1 minute ago, Boered said:

Fuck, if that is not the most idiotic statement ever made. I guess the more complex the writing the better it is? Music is subjective, it is about evoking emotion, it is about feeling it...in other words you fucking simpleton, it has nothing to do with the difficulty in playing it after it was written, and everything about the connection it made when the original artists first performed it.

I can live with that. 

Was the OP easily the #1 music event of the 20th century in your opinion?  :dunno: 

I was never really a beatles fan but you cannot deny their influence on rock n roll. And they came at a time when rock was new, they were one of the pioneers. So simple? sure. Innovative? most definitely. :bc: 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I was never really a beatles fan but you cannot deny their influence on rock n roll. And they came at a time when rock was new, they were one of the pioneers. So simple? sure. Innovative? most definitely. :bc: 

Pretty much how I see it. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Pretty much how I see it. 

If you want to see the absolute genius of the beatles I would recommend taking some top quality LSD and listening to the Abbey Road album. It puts you in the state they were in when they wrote it and recorded it. I would recommend the same with Jimmy Hendrix and the 3rd stone from the sun album. :bc: 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

If you want to see the absolute genius of the beatles I would recommend taking some top quality LSD and listening to the Abbey Road album. It puts you in the state they were in when they wrote it and recorded it. I would recommend the same with Jimmy Hendrix and the 3rd stone from the sun album. :bc: 

Hahaha.  To be honest almost none of the music from the 60's and 70's does anything for me.  A few groups sure but I was never a Hendrix or Sabbath fan.  Some of the 80's stuff was ok because it reminds me of the fun my wife and I had while dating and early in our marriage.  I'm a fan of most all variations of alternative rock.  That music reminds me of great times. 

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

while most were rotting their brains on kansas, blue oyster cult, and reo....there was a select few of us that were indulging on the Beatles White album. more of their simplistic, musical arrangements. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.  To be honest almost none of the music from the 60's and 70's does anything for me.  A few groups sure but I was never a Hendrix or Sabbath fan.  Some of the 80's stuff was ok because it reminds me of the fun my wife and I had while dating and early in our marriage.  I'm a fan of most all variations of alternative rock.  That music reminds me of great times. 

SMH the 70's was the greatest time for rock music with the greatest band ever being led Zeppelin.  Outside of GnR the 80's was pretty marginal although i do listen to a bunch of it due to the memories.  

Never really a big beatles fan,  they had some good tunes but if i was listening to 60's poppy music i would prefer the Beach Boys.