Farmers fear losing immigrant workers under Trump crackdown

More results from Moronica.......

Farmers fear losing immigrant workers under Trump crackdown

Source: ap

SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- The head of Bethel Heights Vineyard looked out over the 100 acres of vines her crew of 20 Mexicans had just finished pruning, worried about what will happen if the Trump administration presses ahead with its crackdown on immigrants.

From tending the plants to harvesting the grapes, it takes skill and a strong work ethic to produce the winery's pinot noir and chardonnay, and native-born Americans just aren't willing to work that hard, Patricia Dudley said as a cold rain drenched the vineyard in the hills of Oregon.

"Who's going to come out here and do this work when they deport them all?" she asked.

President Donald Trump's hard line against immigrants in the U.S. illegally has sent a chill through the nation's agricultural industry, which fears a crackdown will deprive it of the labor it needs to plant, grow and pick the crops that feed the country.

Read more: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IMMIGRATION_CRACKDOWN_FARMS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-24-10-02-09

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Yup and fruits and vegetables would be out of sight of most families in the US.

If you believe that you must believe a $15 minimum wage would hurt the American consumer

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

If you believe that you must believe a $15 minimum wage would hurt the American consumer

FAKENEWSMAINECUNT is an idiot to retards, that's just how out of touch that moron is :flush:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Got to love the argument that we need them so we can eat especially in an article about Vineyards. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

:lol:  MC now loves him some slave labor.  I love your evolution on this topic.   :lol:   Bet you wouldn't think the same if they were Japanese.  

The article is about wine not whether or not Jr will get his 5 daily allowances of fruits and veggies. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Got to love the argument that we need them so we can eat. :lol:  

Well in this case of the original post and article, it's not about food....  it's about getting shit faced cheaply as this vineyard is all about alcohol and not food.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Well in this case of the original post and article, it's not about food....  it's about getting shit faced cheaply as this vineyard is all about alcohol and not food.

Wine snobs want their cheap wine. :lol:  

43 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Immigrant = Illegal Alien in this case

Yep.  

42 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Shut the fuck up moron.

HEADLINE:

____________________are worried that Trump................

idiots.

10 minutes ago, Momorider said:

H1 visa workers are paid minimum wages or more you clown :guzzle:

Yep.  This is old news.

It's like this place has turned into a complete idiot dumpster over the week.

Good grief.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  

Shut the fuck up moron.

HEADLINE:

____________________are worried that Trump................

idiots.

Yep.  This is old news.

It's like this place has turned into a complete idiot dumpster over the week.

Good grief.

FAKENEWSMAINECUNT has always been an insane idiot I think he has a stroke and is suffering from massive brain damage years ago :guzzle:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

FAKENEWSMAINECUNT has always been an insane idiot I think he has a stroke and is suffering from massive brain damage years ago :guzzle:

Jesus he's a whiney fucking bitch.  Just a miserable old maid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Imagine being around that brain dead idiot in real life :flush:

I really can't.  I'd have to give him a slap.  He's probably lose his mind and windmill right out of the area screaming at the top of his girly lungs.

:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

He is right...you fuckers would cry like pussys about produce prices.

There is a sign in our local grocery store that due to California droughts the supply of lettuce has been impacted. A small head of romaine lettuce is currently $2.97. I can only imagine what it would be if people were being paid $15 / hr to pick the lettuce.

Just now, 02sled said:

There is a sign in our local grocery store that due to California droughts the supply of lettuce has been impacted. A small head of romaine lettuce is currently $2.97. I can only imagine what it would be if people were being paid $15 / hr to pick the lettuce.

Exactly....Same price here and of course illegals work for less money...I can't believe anybody is surprised by that.