Farmers fear losing immigrant workers under Trump crackdown

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, 02sled said:

There is a sign in our local grocery store that due to California droughts the supply of lettuce has been impacted. A small head of romaine lettuce is currently $2.97. I can only imagine what it would be if people were being paid $15 / hr to pick the lettuce.

Eventually the market would have someone making a machine to do it.  

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

They could find plenty of workers if the wages would attract legal citizens.  

Plenty of people on UE the can't seem to find work :news:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Immigrant = Illegal Alien in this case

Yep

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

FAKENEWSMAINECUNT is an idiot to retards, that's just how out of touch that moron is :flush:

Bingo :lol:

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I really can't.  I'd have to give him a slap.  He's probably lose his mind and windmill right out of the area screaming at the top of his girly lungs.

:lol:

Just like the gook that wouldn't get off the plane :lol::lmao:

14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So now we need illegal aliens just so we have food? If they were to become legal citizens they wouldn't work for the same amount of $$$? 

That's just how fucking dumb MaineCunt is

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

White people don't want to do the work.  

Illegal immigration is modern day slavery in America.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Illegal immigration is modern day slavery in America.  

Since RR sugar beets and more consistent genetics in corn, the need for immigrant labor has shifted from hoeing beets and clipping tassels to pulling tits and packing meat - in my area.

The large local dairies treat their immigrant workers very well from what I have heard.  

Edited by racinfarmer

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Since RR sugar beets and more consistent genetics in corn, the need for immigrant labor has shifted from hoeing beets and clipping tassels to pulling tits and packing meat.  

The large local dairies treat their immigrant workers very well from what I have heard.  

Define very well?  I know of farmers who got hard working American's that get screwed because of the overtime rules in Ag.   Guys make good money until you divide it down by hour worked.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Define very well?  I know of farmers who got hard working American's that get screwed because of the overtime rules in Ag.   Guys make good money until you divide it down by hour worked.  

New apartments, great working conditions, PTO time adequate for travel back to Mexico, uniforms, etc.

For a dairy, I view that as very well.  I know if we were still milking, we certainly wouldn't be able to provide a lot of those benefits.  I can't comment on pay though.  

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Plenty of people on UE the can't seem to find work :news:

Yep

Bingo :lol:

Just like the gook that wouldn't get off the plane :lol::lmao:

That's just how fucking dumb MaineCunt is

Thanks for confirming my ignore list. Now you can join your Russian bots.

• Gold Member

Here is an article from a few years back when liberals use to care about workers no wages.  According to this article a 40% raise for ag workers would mean an annual expenditure of around $15 a year extra cost for fruits and vegetables.

crazy how bad the libs like mc have flipped their thinking concerning wages since trump has become president.

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2011/08/17/could-farms-survive-without-illegal-labor/the-costs-and-benefits-of-a-raise-for-field-workers?referer=https://www.google.com/&nytmobile=0

4 hours ago, Momorider said:

H1 visa workers are paid minimum wages or more you clown :guzzle:

So what. The kids of middle class American's are about as likely to work in the fields for minimum wage as a Republican's Congressman's kid is to seeing combat.

They'll talk about it but is sure as fuck won't happen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

So what. The kids of middle class American's are about as likely to work in the fields for minimum wage as a Republican's Congressman's kid is to seeing combat.

Don't worry, you wouldn't find a Democratic Congressman's kid doing anything useful either.

Edited by racinfarmer

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Don't worry, you wouldn't find a Democratic Congressman's kid doing anything useful either.

How many US kids were lost in wars started by Democrats in the last 30 years?

How many US kids were lost in wars started by Republicans?

Point is cowards like Bush, Cheney and Trump are pretty tough when it's other people going to war. They weren't so keen when it was their time. 

Call out Clinton for being a Rhodes Scholar if you want but he at least acted like his soldier's lives were worth something.

You can't say that about Bush and Cheney. 

19 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

get-off-me-you-fucking-remf-cunts-this-t

Just now, revkevsdi said:

How many US kids were lost in wars started by Democrats in the last 30 years?

How many US kids were lost in wars started by Republicans?

Point is cowards like Bush, Cheney and Trump are pretty tough when it's other people going to war. They weren't so keen when it was their time. 

Call out Clinton for being a Rhodes Scholar if you want but he at least acted like his soldier's lives were worth something.

You can't say that about Bush and Cheney. 

I'm here for the discussion about agriculture.