French Election/Gay Granola Kayak Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

This radical islam issue is a new one. Just before the Taliban took power, Afghanistan was a very modern and even progressive country in many aspects. This is a new issue. What caused it, is to be defined, but I am sure we played a big enough portion of that. Just the nature of the beast. We want what they have (oil). We profit, they don't near as much. It isn't a big leap to see they would be upset over it. 

Not much oil in Afghanistan.  

I disagree on the profit.  SA, UAE are proof of that.   You need to take out what we spend in the ME regarding the military.   I'd hardly say "we" are profitable.  

I would like some proof from someone that big oil and the US doesn't buy oil.   Its like you people never heard of OPEC before.  I don't disagree we try to do too much for stability there because of oil but damn we don't get it for free.  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not much oil in Afghanistan.  

I disagree on the profit.  SA, UAE are proof of that.   You need to take out what we spend in the ME regarding the military.   I'd hardly say "we" are profitable.  

I would like some proof from someone that big oil and the US doesn't buy oil.   Its like you people never heard of OPEC before.  I don't disagree we try to do too much for stability there because of oil but damn we don't get it for free.  

No but there is over $1 trillion in minerals in the ground over there... 

The source of U.S. oil imports has been evolving. Canada, Latin America and Africa have been sending more oil to the U.S., while Middle Eastern crude is playing a smaller role. Today, the U.S. actually gets most of its imported oil from Canada and Latin America.

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised

Just now, Anler said:

No but there is over $1 trillion in minerals in the ground over there... 

You got any proof of us just taking a countries resources?  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Are you being Obtuse on purpose or are you just this fucking dumb????

Companies who have an interest in those minerals buy politicians and lobby government to destabilize entire regions and depose governments that wont play ball

No fucking way are you this dumb

Just now, f7ben said:

Are you being Obtuse on purpose or are you just this fucking dumb????

Companies who have an interest in those minerals buy politicians and lobby government to destabilize entire regions and depose governments that wont play ball

No fucking way are you this dumb

Not arguing that my argument is the host country does benefit financially.   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Not arguing that my argument is the host country does benefit financially.   

Well what if they dont want to fucking benefit financially?????? We just go in and bomb the fuck out of them for some bullshit made up reasons and put a government in place that does want to benefit financially???? Show me a country since ww2 that we have meddled in where the citizenry of that country is better off?

Just now, f7ben said:

Well what if they dont want to fucking benefit financially?????? We just go in and bomb the fuck out of them for some bullshit made up reasons and put a government in place that does want to benefit financially???? Show me a country since ww2 that we have meddled in where the citizenry of that country is better off?

South Korea.

Tough to really say what Vietnam would have became for sure.   Not like they had a lot of natural resources we were after.

Iraq is way too early to say.   Took decades for the Axis powers to recover but I'd say they are doing pretty well now.

Again, please post up examples of us stealing a countries natural resources.  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well "WE" dont take them.. We give them to the private sector because they know best. We just pay for all of the grunt work. 

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/12/2011122813134071641.html

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/07/us-and-britain-wrangled-over-iraqs-oil-in-aftermath-of-war-chilcot-shows

https://www.juancole.com/2017/01/trump-chance-iraqs.html

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What other reason is there to be in a desolate shithole like Afghanistan? 

Just now, Anler said:

:lol:  It was just until recently that the Saudi Aramco was the wealthiest company in the world.  

Saudi Aramco (Arabic: أرامكو السعودية‎‎ ʾArāmkō s-Suʿūdiyyah), officially the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, most popularly known just as Aramco (formerly Arabian-American Oil Company), is a Saudi Arabian national petroleum and natural gas company based in Dhahran.[4][5] Saudi Aramco's value has been estimated at anywhere between US$1.25 trillion[6] and US$10 trillion,[7] making it the world's most valuable company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Aramco

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

:lol:  It was just until recently that the Saudi Aramco was the wealthiest company in the world.  

Saudi Aramco (Arabic: أرامكو السعودية‎‎ ʾArāmkō s-Suʿūdiyyah), officially the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, most popularly known just as Aramco (formerly Arabian-American Oil Company), is a Saudi Arabian national petroleum and natural gas company based in Dhahran.[4][5] Saudi Aramco's value has been estimated at anywhere between US$1.25 trillion[6] and US$10 trillion,[7] making it the world's most valuable company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Aramco

Hey you dont suppose any american diplomats own any shares in that do you? Holy fuck would i love to sell you a bridge. Its a great big conservative bridge! you will love it! :lol:  

4 of the top 10 all in the ME.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-richest-countries-in-the-world.html

GDP per capita (PPP)
1 Qatar 140,649
2 Luxembourg 98,460
3 Singapore 82,763
4 Kuwait 73,246
5 Brunei Darussalam 71,185
6 United Arab Emirates 67,674
7 Norway 65,614
8 Switzerland 59,540
9 United States 54,629
10 Saudi Arabia 52,010
11 Ireland 49,393
12 Netherlands 48,253
13 Austria 47,682
14 Germany 46,401
15 Australia 45,925
16 Denmark 45,537
17 Bahrain 45,500
18 Sweden 45,297
19 Canada 45,066
20 Iceland 43,993
21 Belgium 43,435
22 Finland 40,676
23 United Kingdom 40,233
24 France 39,328
25 Oman 38,631

4 of the top 10 all in the ME.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-richest-countries-in-the-world.html

GDP per capita (PPP)
1 Qatar 140,649
2 Luxembourg 98,460
3 Singapore 82,763
4 Kuwait 73,246
5 Brunei Darussalam 71,185
6 United Arab Emirates 67,674
7 Norway 65,614
8 Switzerland 59,540
9 United States 54,629
10 Saudi Arabia 52,010
11 Ireland 49,393
12 Netherlands 48,253
13 Austria 47,682
14 Germany 46,401
15 Australia 45,925
16 Denmark 45,537
17 Bahrain 45,500
18 Sweden 45,297
19 Canada 45,066
20 Iceland 43,993
21 Belgium 43,435
22 Finland 40,676
23 United Kingdom 40,233
24 France 39,328
25 Oman 38,631

Why do you suppose we dont put the Saudis on "notice" ? Or kuwait? Or Arab Emirates? Or Qatar? Or Turkey? They are some of the worst human rights violators in the world. Any idea? Holy fuck dude you are as bad as momo. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why do you suppose we dont put the Saudis on "notice" ? Or kuwait? Or Arab Emirates? Or Qatar? Or Turkey? They are some of the worst human rights violators in the world. Any idea? Holy fuck dude you are as bad as momo. 

Worse than momo .....momo functions at barely a dull normal cognitive level. Highmark is willfully ignorant 

Just now, Anler said:

I'm not saying they are pillars of society I'm ONLY proving there is benefit to both Countries.   That is it.  You and Ben act like we are stealing resources when its simply not true.   Its up to their own people to decide if they want to sell internationally.  If they want to overthrow who gains financially the most in those countries let them do it.  

We have stuck our nose in places all over the world.  Some with good results some with not.   We ignore human rights in places when claiming we are there to help in others.  I wouldn't debate any of that.   The only thing I'm saying is there is financial and economic gain for both countries.  We don't "steal" resources.     

Just now, f7ben said:

Worse than momo .....momo functions at barely a dull normal cognitive level. Highmark is willfully ignorant 

The brain washing is deep bro. Was Highmark in the military? 

I'm not saying they are pillars of society I'm ONLY proving there is benefit to both Countries.   That is it.  You and Ben act like we are stealing resources when its simply not true.   Its up to their own people to decide if they want to sell internationally.  If they want to overthrow who gains financially the most in those countries let them do it.  

We have stuck our nose in places all over the world.  Some with good results some with not.   We ignore human rights in places when claiming we are there to help in others.  I wouldn't debate any of that.   The only thing I'm saying is there is financial and economic gain for both countries.  We don't "steal" resources.     

yes ....we enable the stealing of resources with our military. We are there to prevent any state owned control of those resources by countries that dont want our brand of help

Just now, Anler said:

The brain washing is deep bro. Was Highmark in the military? 

I dont think so ....he is still firmly clinging to the "Murica good and bootstraps for everyone" mantra

Just now, f7ben said:

I dont think so ....he is still firmly clinging to the "Murica good and bootstraps for everyone" mantra

Well thats what Jesus says so kinda hard to preach otherwise... 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

yes ....we enable the stealing of resources with our military. We are there to prevent any state owned control of those resources by countries that dont want our brand of help

Well state owned "resources" have worked out so well around the world.  

Just now, Anler said:

Youd make a great bootlicker, bro. :bc: 

Such a bootlicker.   I promote getting out of basically every country around the world.  I admit Iraq was a huge mistake.   I'd like to see our military spending cut in half as long as vets and soldiers can still be well taken care of.  I'd like to see our federal govt shrink in half.   I'd like to see power going back to the states.  

Just because I don't completely agree with your notion of history doesn't mean shit.  Have we been perfect....fuck no.....have countries benefited both economically and in general from our intervention.   Yes.   I just don't want to spend another life or dime doing it.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well state owned "resources" have worked out so well around the world.  

listen fuckhead .....we are not the arbiters of what has "worked out so well" around the world. That type of attitude is what costs us trillions of dollars and countless young lives all for no good reason. You can't acknowledge our transgressions and the many like you are the reasons we a doomed to repeat them perpetually until we exist no longer.