French Election/Gay Granola Kayak Thread

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Thankfully you don't post too much other then this thread then I guess eh :lol: 

Either going to the track for testing with my tar sled or I'll be in the water with the pontoon boat and Sea Doos. 

You'll be shopping for new Birkinstocks probably. Need to upgrade your Liberal Jesus sandal collection

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well fuck!  Did you go by way of the intergalactic highway or what???  What took so fucking long?  

Dude, it's a looong story. I had about 8hrs of sleep since Wednesday morning. 

38 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

that was not your jeep was it lol don't tell me you yanked it home with that thing  lol

20170622_141621_thumb_jpg_2ca989c34e26308614481ce0f9af0510.jpg

20170622_151815_thumb_jpg_adb4154e2ccd57850a72dd5944176320.jpg

Lol! That's awesome you saw that! 

Those guys did a great job fixing the surge brakes. They charged for it tho...

No that's not my Jeep, it's the mechanic's. Bryant is a good dude. We towed that bitch home with a 2wd 7.3l dually powerstroke. Even launched it and recovered it multiple times at surfside while adjusting the trailer.

I was gonna try and hook up with you but we were busy with that damned trailer the whole time.

surf side ha you were real close to my house .did you sleep in the boat over night ? I saw it 2 times then drove by when they were closed and boat was disconnected and jeep in shop .

Edited by Ez ryder

17 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

surf side ha you were real close to my house .did you sleep in the boat over night ? I saw it 2 times then drove by when they were closed and boat was disconnected and jeep in shop .

We got there Wednesday evening. Took the boat to surfside, launched it, went for a ride, checked it out, came back and tried to recover it. No dice.

That ramp had about 3-4" of sand on it so we went and bought a shovel at 10pm at Walmart. It was also riding a little light in the tongue which didn't help recovery at all. I'm sure we were great entertainment for all the people at the launch near dark trying to drag that fat bitch out, lmao. Had to leave the boat tied at the dock and just caught a few hours of sleep on the boat while it was tied off. 

So we dug into the trailer a bit before retiring (by this time it was 3am) and discovered a dry and dry rotted master cylinder. Dude who sold me the trailer completely bullshitted me about the condition of the brakes or was completely ignorant of it. Huge mouse nest in the tongue. Seals blown out, etc.

We spent Thursday morning getting new tires and hunting down a shop who could have the brakes fixed by Friday morning. Dropped it off, got a hotel room and crashed. We spent a few more hours Friday morning getting the trailer wiring right, greasing bearings, and readjusting the boat so it was sitting just right for towing home.

Trailer is a bit light for the boat, but we did 60-80mph the whole way back to the Manitowoc ferry dock without an issue, so it's good enough for towing it local twice a year.

It needs bellows, bad. They're rotted and cracked That's on the seller, so it's all good. She took on a lot of water overnight at surfside. Other than that, it has a few little things it needs, nothing major. Gotta have $2-3k in stereo equipment on that thing. It's freaking loud, and it thumps like mad.

Camper top is all there and the canvas and isinglass is in great shape but the edging is rotting so it'll need to be replaced. Cockpit cover is the same, good canvas, rotted edging.

Motors ran great on last year's gas (I'm still pumping that shit out anyway) for the short test we did. Planed out really well for such a big lady, so I'm pretty happy with that. Family is geeked. They spent all day helping with cleaning and organizing everything. 

I'm going to have a local shop do the outdrive work since I wasn't about to wait for it to get done while I was out there renting hotel rooms. 

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Cool.  Hey , is that your pot growing shack down there , Danny ??   :bc: 

:lol::bc:

No, that's my chicken coop. I built it out of 8" sips my buddy gave me for free. Heat it with a 150w light bulb and the water doesn't freeze on the hens in the winter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

We got there Wednesday evening. Took the boat to surfside, launched it, went for a ride, checked it out, came back and tried to recover it. No dice.

That ramp had about 3-4" of sand on it so we went and bought a shovel at 10pm at Walmart. It was also riding a little light in the tongue which didn't help recovery at all. I'm sure we were great entertainment for all the people at the launch near dark trying to drag that fat bitch out, lmao. Had to leave the boat tied at the dock and just caught a few hours of sleep on the boat while it was tied off. 

So we dug into the trailer a bit before retiring (by this time it was 3am) and discovered a dry and dry rotted master cylinder. Dude who sold me the trailer completely bullshitted me about the condition of the brakes or was completely ignorant of it. Huge mouse nest in the tongue. Seals blown out, etc.

We spent Thursday morning getting new tires and hunting down a shop who could have the brakes fixed by Friday morning. Dropped it off, got a hotel room and crashed. We spent a few more hours Friday morning getting the trailer wiring right, greasing bearings, and readjusting the boat so it was sitting just right for towing home.

Trailer is a bit light for the boat, but we did 60-80mph the whole way back to the Manitowoc ferry dock without an issue, so it's good enough for towing it local twice a year.

It needs bellows, bad. They're rotted and cracked That's on the seller, so it's all good. She took on a lot of water overnight at surfside. Other than that, it has a few little things it needs, nothing major. Gotta have $2-3k in stereo equipment on that thing. It's freaking loud, and it thumps like mad.

Camper top is all there and the canvas and isinglass is in great shape but the edging is rotting so it'll need to be replaced. Cockpit cover is the same, good canvas, rotted edging.

Motors ran great on last year's gas (I'm still pumping that shit out anyway) for the short test we did. Planed out really well for such a big lady, so I'm pretty happy with that. Family is geeked. They spent all day helping with cleaning and organizing everything. 

I'm going to have a local shop do the outdrive work since I wasn't about to wait for it to get done while I was out there renting hotel rooms. 

bellows are pretty ez on that thing. did them on mine few yrs back in a few hours . fyi there are like 20+ launces on that lake. surfside is ok but like you said sandy. should have called I could have yanked you out only about a min drive for me to that launch .  always hard buying shit you cant see.

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Bringing the boat back on a boat across lake Michigan was cool as shit too. Too bad the bar was closed...

IMG_20170624_022953261.jpg

what dose a ride like that cost with a truck and 30 some feet of wide body boat ? and yeah that tong looked a bit flexy . looked like you could ez cut a foot or so off of it

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

what dose a ride like that cost with a truck and 30 some feet of wide body boat ?

$600 with a free stateroom. We did the night crossing. I fell asleep on the bow in a lounge chair for an hour or so watching the stars, then went and crashed in the stateroom.

The badger is a cool ass boat. I hope they can get a cleaner refit figured out. There was a huge piece of bean equipment on board with us too. Thing had to be 12' wide. 

I didn't pull any permits for the haul, either, lol. 

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

$600 with a free stateroom. We did the night crossing. I fell asleep on the bow in a lounge chair for an hour or so watching the stars, then went and crashed in the stateroom.

The badger is a cool ass boat. I hope they can get a cleaner refit figured out. There was a huge piece of bean equipment on board with us too. Thing had to be 12' wide. 

I didn't pull any permits for the haul, either, lol. 

600 not to bad shit the gas and a motel room it is almost a wash best part less time stuck in a cab driving that is worth 200 right there

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

bellows are pretty ez on that thing. did them on mine few yrs back in a few hours . fyi there are like 20+ launces on that lake. surfside is ok but like you said sandy. should have called I could have yanked you out only about a min drive for me to that launch .  always hard buying shit you cant see.

Bump told me to go there lol. 

Yeah I don't think I'm confident enough to do them myself, so I'll have the marina do it. Plus I want them to change the u joints and inspect the gimble seals and bearings, since they've been exposed to water. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Bump told me to go there lol. 

Yeah I don't think I'm confident enough to do them myself, so I'll have the marina do it. Plus I want them to change the u joints and inspect the gimble seals and bearings, since they've been exposed to water. 

have them reach up like fisting a elephant to make sure no h20 backflow flappers have fallen off and replaced but the old ones still flopping around blocking part of the exhaust . pretty common  deal with those OMC/Volvo motors. I have had 2 pop off in 7 yrs and the first time I found well my guy found the old flapper and the one that just broke off so pretty much completely blocking exit. if the guys are good they can be fixed at the launch in about 1.5 hr per motor . if units are already off deff check it out .

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

have them reach up like fisting a elephant to make sure no h20 backflow flappers have fallen off and replaced but the old ones still flopping around blocking part of the exhaust . pretty common  deal with those OMC/Volvo motors. I have had 2 pop off in 7 yrs and the first time I found well my guy found the old flapper and the one that just broke off so pretty much completely blocking exit. if the guys are good they can be fixed at the launch in about 1.5 hr per motor . if units are already off deff check it out .

Cool, I will make sure they check that, thanks!

That really is a nice area you live in. Kinda hard to get around quickly, but it's very pretty. Reminded me a lot of home.

I need to paint the outdrives too. Might make that a fall project and just power wash the anodes really well to get by for the summer. It needs flooring and some new carpet, too, but it's good enough til next year. 

yeah can be  a pain so when you said wall mart and I was like WTF. for a shovel that is a 30 min jaunt . yes always a PITA to get out but it is a nice drive around the lake or though the farms  and I can be down town in less than 30.   

Just now, motonoggin said:

I need to paint the outdrives too. Might make that a fall project and just power wash the anodes really well to get by for the summer. It needs flooring and some new carpet, too, but it's good enough til next year. 

fuck carpet it just gets trashed . toss down some through rugs and be done in the cockpit stick with the fiberglass I tossed cockpit carpet in trash yrs ago . I did cabin floor in replicable commercial 20 in squares so I could replace walk way

• Like 1

also that lower unit top fluid dipstick screw for some reason can be a cunt . I started just giving a Teflon tape wrap and now I don't need to fight it for 20 min to get off after a season in the lake

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah can be  a pain so when you said wall mart and I was like WTF. for a shovel that is a 30 min jaunt . yes always a PITA to get out but it is a nice drive around the lake or though the farms  and I can be down town in less than 30.   

For sure. Cops seemed chill with us hauling that boat around the lake, too. We must have seen a dozen, and drove past the sherrifs department with it 3 or 4 times lol.