There are some really cool guys out there

I was looking for some stock 1000 pipes for the ZRT and I posted on HCS that I was in need of some. Obviously this is an older sled and I didnt want to spend a mint etc but I was willing to wait.

I get a message from member Hold On and he tells me he has a set and asks what they are worth to me.

I had found a set of pipes with no can up in MN for $70 and this guy had a whole set with can and heat shields etc. I told him I'd offer $100 and cover shipping if they are in decent shape.

He messages me back and says "I've got no use for them , I'll just put them in the mail and if you can use them pay me whatever you like ....if not no biggie"

I told him I'd paypal him the $100 and shipping right now if he likes but he says he'll put them in the mail Thursday and for me to let him know when I get them.

He just messaged me and said they went out today and he hoped they worked for me.

So here's a shout out to member Hold On (Bob) , went out of his way to help me out and I am looking forward to having the parts he sent.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I have given away many Cat shop manuals over the years. I like you Ben have been given stuff for free too.

some good guys out there....pay it forward.

Yup , I've done lots of favors over the years and pride myself on being easy to deal with when it comes to sled shit. Nice when someone goes out of their way to help

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup , I've done lots of favors over the years and pride myself on being easy to deal with when it comes to sled shit. Nice when someone goes out of their way to help

You sent me a cell phone amp for free. BTW, thanks again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

You sent me a cell phone amp for free. BTW, thanks again.

And you spent all day straightening out my shit Polaris clutch :lol: And I appreciated that very much. You and I are buds though and I didnt know this guy from Adam ....makes it a bit more surprising when a guy offers their time or goods up when you dont know them. I guess in the end most sledders are cut from the same cloth and are generally kind generous people.

I sold a set of high rpm psi pipes for 30 bones on hcs,with the couplers.  He wanted to pay me more but I said no. Wtf am I going to do with them? Sometimes being nice pays off. I hate getting screwed and try to be as reasonable as possible 

I love hawking sled parts ...I've parted out at least 40 sleds or so. I know what shits worth but I price shit so it moves. If someone is cool I will eat shipping or work to get them a good deal.

One time I sold a complete xlt 580 motor that had one bad hole. The guy got it and thanked me but said that the there was some issues with the block or something and he likely couldnt use it. I sent him all his cash back and told him not to worry about it. He was past happy as he expected me to be a dick

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love hawking sled parts ...I've parted out at least 40 sleds or so. I know what shits worth but I price shit so it moves. If someone is cool I will eat shipping or work to get them a good deal.

One time I sold a complete xlt 580 motor that had one bad hole. The guy got it and thanked me but said that the there was some issues with the block or something and he likely couldnt use it. I sent him all his cash back and told him not to worry about it. He was past happy as he expected me to be a dick

Guy in NB by the name of Bob Young has a company called Thunder n lightning that I deal with for all my used parts. Mostly body parts since I can't seem to stay out of the trees :lol:the old Barney Turbo don't handle to good in the corners  :thumb:  that's why I'm thinking on a Poo