Beginning of Cat's demise

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

I wonder if Cat is going to come out with a new chassis that mimmicks the Poo Axys and the Gen 4? :news: 

Well they are 10 years behind in chassis tech so then need to do something. I'd rather ride my ZRT than a procross

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well they are 10 years behind in chassis tech so then need to do something. I'd rather ride my ZRT than a procross

1 minute ago, Dave said:

X2

Is this the same chassis that won every snow cross and cross country race again this season? :dunno:

• Like 1

I give Cat alot of shit but really I would like to see them stay in the market. I would like all of them to stay in the market. I think it makes all of them better to have competition. Even though Skidoo is so far out in front with technology and build quality its not really a fair fight. But eventually some young whipper snapper will breathe new life into that brand and they could be back on top!

35 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Has Cat lost its edge in snowcross?

Didnt they win the Iron Dog?

Cat had the best snocross racer with Tucker. Doesnt really matter what brand as he would win on any of them. Just like Morgan did when he left Cat for skidoo. 

No etecs won the irondog. As per usual...

45 minutes ago, Anler said:

I give Cat alot of shit but really I would like to see them stay in the market. I would like all of them to stay in the market. I think it makes all of them better to have competition. Even though Skidoo is so far out in front with technology and build quality its not really a fair fight. But eventually some young whipper snapper will breathe new life into that brand and they could be back on top!

Polaris has caught skidoo in both dept's ......the fit and finish on my axys is every bit as good as any doo and there is plenty of tech that polaris employs that is groundbreaking

30 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Polaris has caught skidoo in both dept's ......the fit and finish on my axys is every bit as good as any doo and there is plenty of tech that polaris employs that is groundbreaking

No its not. And Polaris doesnt have anything like the etec. The Poo chassis is good tho. But Dan has told me that there is alot of shit on the poos that are still kinda cheesy and lack the quality of skidoo. 

I'd agree with Analer.  The doo's have WAY more engineering and trick parts put into them.  The poo's are much simpler and conventional in construction, which isn't necessarily always a bad thing.  

As far as Artco dropping their name from the bikes, that's dumb IMO.  How many people going forward will assume a Textron labeled quad isn't one of those POS offshore junk brands.  At least Arctic Cat is a recognize North American brand.  

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

No its not. And Polaris doesnt have anything like the etec. The Poo chassis is good tho. But Dan has told me that there is alot of shit on the poos that are still kinda cheesy and lack the quality of skidoo. 

Tell me whats better fit and finish wise on the Doo .....Polaris has plenty of tech that Doo doesnt from the IDD to the Chemical welds in the chassis to 2 stage e valves etc.

The etec does nothing better then the 800HO aside from maybe a tad better mileage. There is some cheesy shit on the Poo and there is plenty on the doo as well. Not to mentio the fact that the Doo is priced way higher than the Poo

51 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat had the best snocross racer with Tucker. Doesnt really matter what brand as he would win on any of them. Just like Morgan did when he left Cat for skidoo. 

No etecs won the irondog. As per usual...

Why do people think Tucker is the only one riding for Cat.  You snot-muffers should check out all the racing results. 

A hint:

USXC captions.jpg

13 minutes ago, sledderj said:

I'd agree with Analer.  The doo's have WAY more engineering and trick parts put into them.  The poo's are much simpler and conventional in construction, which isn't necessarily always a bad thing.  

As far as Artco dropping their name from the bikes, that's dumb IMO.  How many people going forward will assume a Textron labeled quad isn't one of those POS offshore junk brands.  At least Arctic Cat is a recognize North American brand.  

I think the name change will help....AC has a real bad name in the ATV biz.