About 2 hours away from major surgery...

9 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Glad to see you made it out of surgery :bc:      Post up some pics of the hot nurses taking care of you :thumb:

snopro31?

glad to hear all went well low-1 :bc:

Edited by Snoslinger

9 hours ago, low-1 said:

Thank you everyone.  I've been sharing my journey on Facebook and keeping my posts public.  I've found it very therapeutic and I'm comfortable sharing, in the hopes it may help someone else in some way.  If you're interested, just search for Tony Loewen.  Here is my last post:

T +5ish hours

Out of the recovery room and back to my little corner of HSC.  I'm a little sore when I move or twist, and pretty tired, but otherwise feeling just fine.  Water tastes amazing, haven't had any since around midnight last night.  Horrible case of cottonmouth, but for a totally different reason than most people experiencing that today.  Michelle is out as well, also doing very well.  She's amazing.  I can't express that strongly enough.  Things today were "great success" <- (in my very best borat impression).

Everything is working well; creatinine is already dropping and the new little guy is making pee like a champ.  Haven't tried to get up for a walk yet, likely sleep on it first.  Took one shot of my little pain pump at the nurses' request, just to show them I knew how it worked.  Not really feeling too bad yet, although we'll see what tomorrow brings.

My beautiful fiancée just snuck me in a banana and it was awesome :).  Still have a heap of hoses and tubes connected, but I'm pretty sure I'll sleep well regardless.

Thank you so much, everyone, for all the love and support.  I'm sure it helped carry me over.

Now on to the rest of my life!

Glad things are going well for you....one of my employee's wife had a transplant done around Christmas. So far so good for her.... 

2 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Glad to hear everything went good. Sounds like you have a hell of a future mother in law :bc:

Is HSC Health Sciences Center?  

She's an amazing woman.  I couldn't be happier, or luckier.  

Yep, health sciences center.  

Already got up and did my first walk around the hallway.  Definitely a bit of soreness, but overall I feel great.

Thank you everyone

• Like 1

Wow I would have thought it was the other way around but I guess it looks shriveled up without any blood or pee in it :bc:  good stuff Low-1 glad to see you on the mend and apparently in good spirits, and and a big kudos to your hero of a future mother in law for basically saving your life :bc::bc:

One of my buddies got a kidney transplant some 28yrs ago...other then rejection drugs and the occasional visit to the dr....he lives problem free from what he says....im sure you will be the same. :bc:

Well, that's about it for this phase.  Should be leaving the hospital in a few hours.  Just getting the rounds of discharge visits... Pharmacist, dietician, transplant coordinator, nurse, nephrologist, etc.  Can't quite go home yet as I have to go to clinic every day for the first while while they monitor my bloodwork.  Going to be living at the hotel connected to the hospital for the next month or two, but at least I'll be free :)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, low-1 said:

Well, that's about it for this phase.  Should be leaving the hospital in a few hours.  Just getting the rounds of discharge visits... Pharmacist, dietician, transplant coordinator, nurse, nephrologist, etc.  Can't quite go home yet as I have to go to clinic every day for the first while while they monitor my bloodwork.  Going to be living at the hotel connected to the hospital for the next month or two, but at least I'll be free :)

Great news take care of that new kidney :bc:

Hey, sorry... Haven't been around much lately.  Things have been going extremely well.  Lots of energy, feeling great, bloodwork is almost perfect.  The only thing that is "off" slightly is that my white blood cell count is up a bit.  This *could* mean that I'm fighting an infection of some sort, but since I have no signs or symptoms of anything, they are assuming it's a relatively common reaction to the high dose of prednisone I'm on at the moment.  I've been spending the days doing lots of walking (already over 10km per day), enjoying real food again, and touring around the area.  I honestly can think of any ways that I could be doing any better.  Very happy at the moment.

• Like 4