About 2 hours away from major surgery...

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Cool that you are getting some new bits a pieces. I have been on organ donor since I got my license I think ....its a no brainer

Only thing not worn out on you will be the brain!!!!!!1 :finger:

:lol::lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cold War said:

Prayers & vibes sent.

Was a relative the donor?  Always impressed when someone steps up and does something like that.

It was my fiancee's mother.  She was a family match.  It's amazing how life works out sometime.  I definitely believe that everything happens for a reason and life tends to work out how it should, however that may be.  Now I have to step up and make sure I don't waste this opportunity.

thank you everyone

• Like 1

My daughter is buddies with a girl that had a liver transplant three years ago. Seeing that kid makes me know being an organ donor is the right thing to do. I have always signed the card and encourage others to do the same, even though my organs may not be ideal, you never know what they can use. many are waiting for eyes, so even if your heart os old you may have something they can harvest. Not like you need these parts once you are gone.

Thank you everyone.  I've been sharing my journey on Facebook and keeping my posts public.  I've found it very therapeutic and I'm comfortable sharing, in the hopes it may help someone else in some way.  If you're interested, just search for Tony Loewen.  Here is my last post:

T +5ish hours

Out of the recovery room and back to my little corner of HSC.  I'm a little sore when I move or twist, and pretty tired, but otherwise feeling just fine.  Water tastes amazing, haven't had any since around midnight last night.  Horrible case of cottonmouth, but for a totally different reason than most people experiencing that today.  Michelle is out as well, also doing very well.  She's amazing.  I can't express that strongly enough.  Things today were "great success" <- (in my very best borat impression).

Everything is working well; creatinine is already dropping and the new little guy is making pee like a champ.  Haven't tried to get up for a walk yet, likely sleep on it first.  Took one shot of my little pain pump at the nurses' request, just to show them I knew how it worked.  Not really feeling too bad yet, although we'll see what tomorrow brings.

My beautiful fiancée just snuck me in a banana and it was awesome :).  Still have a heap of hoses and tubes connected, but I'm pretty sure I'll sleep well regardless.

Thank you so much, everyone, for all the love and support.  I'm sure it helped carry me over.

Now on to the rest of my life!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, low-1 said:

Thank you everyone.  I've been sharing my journey on Facebook and keeping my posts public.  I've found it very therapeutic and I'm comfortable sharing, in the hopes it may help someone else in some way.  If you're interested, just search for Tony Loewen.  Here is my last post:

T +5ish hours

Out of the recovery room and back to my little corner of HSC.  I'm a little sore when I move or twist, and pretty tired, but otherwise feeling just fine.  Water tastes amazing, haven't had any since around midnight last night.  Horrible case of cottonmouth, but for a totally different reason than most people experiencing that today.  Michelle is out as well, also doing very well.  She's amazing.  I can't express that strongly enough.  Things today were "great success" <- (in my very best borat impression).

Everything is working well; creatinine is already dropping and the new little guy is making pee like a champ.  Haven't tried to get up for a walk yet, likely sleep on it first.  Took one shot of my little pain pump at the nurses' request, just to show them I knew how it worked.  Not really feeling too bad yet, although we'll see what tomorrow brings.

My beautiful fiancée just snuck me in a banana and it was awesome :).  Still have a heap of hoses and tubes connected, but I'm pretty sure I'll sleep well regardless.

Thank you so much, everyone, for all the love and support.  I'm sure it helped carry me over.

Best of luck in this new chapter of life.

6 hours ago, sledderj said:

Are you getting it done down in Winterpeg?  I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure you will come through it in spades.  Make sure to let us know how you are doing afterwards :bc:  

Yep.  Came down on Monday, and will be living at the hotel attached to HSC for at least the next 2 months.  Clinic every day for the first month, then every other day for the second.  After that, we'll just see how it goes

11 minutes ago, low-1 said:

T +5ish hours

That's awesome Tony, you have a great attitude. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member

Awesome that are you doing well Tony and here is to a speedy recovery! On a side note and the chances are slim but my doctor here is named Chris Loewen and he is from Canada....any relation? 

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Awesome that are you doing well Tony and here is to a speedy recovery! On a side note and the chances are slim but my doctor here is named Chris Loewen and he is from Canada....any relation? 

Is he the guy that did your frontal Labodomy , Jim ??   :bc: 

1 hour ago, low-1 said:

T +5ish hours

Great news. Sounds like you will be on your feet in no time. :thumb: one thing I had a hard time with after my back surgery was taking a piss. Put myself through hell trying to go. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Is he the guy that did your frontal Labodomy , Jim ??   :bc: 

7 hours ago, SSFB said:

:lol:

6 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

or the one who did your penis attachment surgery? :dunno: 

:snack: 

It's a regular Dean Martin Roast around this joint! :lol:

• Like 2