Doo 700 Twin Motors....any good?

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Fuck it's still out there but I'm all over the map.....I start browsing CL and all bets are off. :lol:

You'll end up with a mossy Jag 3000 with a zip-tied windshield and bent ski tip.

All the sudden a Jimmy Jag FB page will appear...

Edited by racinfarmer

Out of a group of 4 of us who bought new 2000 700's mxz, 1 of us didnt trade in 02 for 800's.  He cleaned up on all of us and it was straight out the showroom, and mine even had work done to it.  All 4 were reliable as a body could ask for.  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

You'll end up with a mossy Jag 3000 with a zip-tied windshield and bent ski tip.

All the sudden a Jimmy Jag FB page will appear...

The key is to just send it! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Welcome to skidoo!

Any isoflex bottom end should be re done at 2500. 
Any two stroke rode hard should get a top end around 2k. 
I would trust a trued crank a little farther.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-380935.html

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

45,000 km?

It had 80+ on it when he sent it down the road for a renegade 1200 a couple years ago :) Ballsack, I'm sure that will have well over 100k on it before it's gone. 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

It had 80+ on it when he sent it down the road for a renegade 1200 a couple years ago :) Ballsack, I'm sure that will have well over 100k on it before it's gone. 

That is impressive, how often did he do top ends on it?

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

That is impressive, how often did he do top ends on it?

That first motor wasn't even opened till 45 k think he did two other top ends and one crank on that 80+ motor but he is a mechanic and I bet some of those were not required. I saw that top end of that 45k rebuild and the boars and pistons looked fine but they must have been stresses he wasn't putting it back together without a new rotating mass :) Ballsack 

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I had one ....it was a good motor. It felt like a strong 600ho motor

That's what most who had them compared them to

22 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Fuck it's still out there but I'm all over the map.....I start browsing CL and all bets are off. :lol:

:lol:  

I found another '99.  Pretty sure I'm going to buy this one.  

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

Put isoflex on em!

My buddy said he thinks the BRP Dyno oil was a big part of it, don't forget this was an old dirty lots of oil through the crank motor. :) Nazi Pig Dog 

Just now, Momorider said:

My buddy said he thinks the BRP Dyno oil was a big part of it, don't forget this was an old dirty lots of oil through the crank motor. :) Nazi Pig Dog 

I only used dino oil in my old rotary valves. Never once had a break down. Full syn is part of the emission control now... Dino is getting regulated away.

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I doubt that motor could pump out as much hot air as your big fat trap does , no matter how good it is .  :finger:

6 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Letting them warm up is a big thing too 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I wish there was a video of Vince freaking out about how big of a piece of shit his arctic cat was and threatening to buy a skidoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

:snack:

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Letting them warm up is a big thing too 

:snack:

I think letting them idle a bit is good but not hammering on them until they are up to temp is the key ....they dont need to be idled the whole time...just not hammered