Doo 700 Twin Motors....any good?

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Do the 700's suffer from the same problems as the 8's? What kind of HP do they produce? 

Buddy had and 02 MXZ 700 with like 45k on it before he did the crank on it just because. Used Doo Dino oil religiously in it. I would say rather good motor. :dunno: 

• Like 1

They were really good motors from everything I've heard, though I've never had personal experience with them as I always had the gen 3 600. Dad had two and they were usually faster than the doo 800 twins with some clutching. :bc:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Nope...looking at an older 440/700 with a 136 under it. :bc:

why? a old trailing arm vintage . fuck that find a old 136 crossfire with out the float skid if u want a trail sled . u already have a m so u know your way around the chassis and prob have a stash of parts.  

27 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Pretty sure those and the etec 800 are the engines of choice for the floats in the Boston gay pride parade, Jim , I dunno if that helps or not .  :bc: 

post-58881-Taylor-Swift-Haters-Gonna-Hat

31 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Pretty sure those and the etec 800 are the engines of choice for the floats in the Boston gay pride parade, Jim , I dunno if that helps or not .  :bc: 

SPOT ON!!!!!!!1

15 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why? a old trailing arm vintage . fuck that find a old 136 crossfire with out the float skid if u want a trail sled . u already have a m so u know your way around the chassis and prob have a stash of parts.  

REV chassis maybe?

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

That's so gay that I'm not even going to quote it you little jackass

Taylor is yummy!

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

REV chassis maybe?

Taylor is yummy!

Yeah a 2004 Rev 440.

2 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

They rocked. The  only 700's that could give them a race were polaris's 1998 700xc and yammies 700 triple. With a good clutch setup and some porting you could even fuck up a F7

My '99 XC SP 700 would stomp those mustard bucket 700's like clockwork.

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

They were really good motors from everything I've heard, though I've never had personal experience with them as I always had the gen 3 600. Dad had two and they were usually faster than the doo 800 twins with some clutching. :bc:

Reliable engine, but I never lost to an MXZ 700 with my '01 800. 

SkiDoo should have kept the 670ho and shit canned the 700   The 670ho's are faster   It's to bad they never put the HO in the ZX chassis 

Pretty sure I've seen that sled you're talking about , Jimmy Snacks.  What happened to the zr700? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Reliable engine, but I never lost to an MXZ 700 with my '01 800. 

SkiDoo should have kept the 670ho and shit canned the 700   The 670ho's are faster   It's to bad they never put the HO in the ZX chassis 

Pretty sure I've seen that sled you're talking about , Jimmy Snacks.  What happened to the zr700? 

Fuck it's still out there but I'm all over the map.....I start browsing CL and all bets are off. :lol: