Trump targets visas program for highly skilled workers

Trump goes after the H-1B visa holders which I have no issue with, but he leaves alone the H-2B visa holders which of course there are many who are employed at his properties.......what a goniff this guy is :lol: 

Trump targets visas program for highly skilled workers

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump heads to the politically important state of Wisconsin Tuesday to sign an order aimed at curbing abuses in a visa program used by technology companies that rely on high-skilled foreign workers.

The order, dubbed "Buy American, Hire American," marks a return to the populism Trump seemed to all but abandon with a series of recent reversals on economic policies.

Trump will sign the directive at the headquarters of tool manufacturer Snap-on Inc. in Kenosha, Wisconsin, a state he narrowly carried in November on the strength of support from white, working class voters. But Trump is currently facing a 41 percent approval in the state.

Trump is targeting the H-1B visa program, which the White House says undercuts American workers by bringing in large numbers of cheaper, foreign workers, driving down wages.

The tech industry has argued that the H-1B program is needed because it encourages students to stay in the U.S. after getting degrees in high-tech specialties — and they can't always find enough American workers with the skills they need.

The order would direct U.S. agencies to propose rules to prevent immigration fraud and abuse in the program. They would also be asked to offer changes so that H-1B visas are awarded to the "most-skilled or highest-paid applicants," said administration officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity despite the president's frequent criticism of the use of anonymous sources.

The officials said the order also seeks to strengthen requirements that American-made products be used in certain federal construction projects, as well as in various federal transportation grant-funded projects. The commerce secretary will review how to close loopholes in existing rules and provide recommendations to the president.

The order specifically asks the secretary to review waivers of these rules in free-trade agreements. The waivers could be renegotiated or revoked if they are not benefiting the United States.

Trump's visit to Wisconsin takes him to the congressional district of House Speaker Paul Ryan, who won't be joining the president because he's on a congressional trip visiting NATO countries.

Trump campaigned on populist promises to stand up to China, which he claimed was manipulating its currency and stealing American jobs, and to eliminate the Export-Import bank, which he billed as wasteful subsidy. In a series of interviews last week, Trump reversed himself on both positions

And while he has long pledged to support American goods and workers, his own business record is mixed. Many Trump-branded products, like clothing, are made overseas. And his businesses have hired foreign workers, including at his Palm Beach club Mar-a-Lago.

During his campaign, Trump said at one point that he supported high-skilled visas, then opposed them. At one debate, he said: "It's very bad for our workers and it's unfair for our workers. And we should end it."

The officials said potential changes could be administrative or legislative and could include higher fees for the visas, changing the wage scale for the program or other initiatives.

Critics say the program has been hijacked by staffing companies that use the visas to recruit foreigners — often from India — who will work for less than Americans. The staffing companies then sell their services to corporate clients who use them to outsource tech work.

Employers, such as Walt Disney World and the University of California in San Francisco, have laid off tech employees and replaced them with H-1B visa holders. The U.S. workers are sometimes asked to train their replacements to qualify for severance packages.

Ronil Hira, a professor in public policy at Howard University and a critic of the H-1B program, said Trump's planned order is "better than nothing." But he added, "It's not as aggressive as it needs to be."

Trump has traveled to promote his agenda less than his recent predecessors. White House spokesman Sean Spicer said Trump wanted to visit "a company that builds American-made tools with American workers."

Trump carried Wisconsin in November by nearly 23,000 votes — less than 1 percentage point — making him the first Republican to win the state since 1984. He campaigned on the promise of returning manufacturing jobs that have been lost in Upper Midwest states.

Snap-on makes hand and power tools, diagnostics software, information and management systems, and shop equipment for use in various industries, including agriculture, the military and aviation. It has eight manufacturing sites in North America and employs about 11,000 people worldwide.

___

Associated Press writer Paul Wiseman contributed to this report.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-targets-visas-program-for-highly-skilled-workers/ar-BBzYjN5

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

finally, something I really support from trump. hopefully he makes this actually happen. I never bought into this BS that US corporations had to do this because they didn't have the talent here in the states.

I'm glad you were'nt trying to fit in here.  There is no "4th stooge". :lol:

And I agree 100%...what a load of god damn bullshit.  We have plenty of the talent here at the ready.  Saying it doesn't exist here so you can pay less to a foreigner is a slap in the god damn face.  All it says is that an organization isn't interested in paying the fair and standard wage for their open position.  This is one of the excuses companies use before they pick their shit up and ship out.  

he's still a dick, and his constant need to get up in front of cheering dingalings to boost his ego here at home is comical. meanwhile his cabinet members are doing all the hard work overseas. for good reason I guess, he doesn't want to get booed everywhere else. :news:

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

he's still a dick, and his constant need to get up in front of cheering dingalings to boost his ego here at home is comical. meanwhile his cabinet members are doing all the hard work overseas. for good reason I guess, he doesn't want to get booed everywhere else. :news:

Hey, I didn't expect you to completely abandon your fellow site morons. :lol:  I guess I still don't see why you ladies have a problem with him speaking to the masses.  Obama didn't do that...all the time?  Or, that was for the good of all Americans, right?  I'm trying to decide if there is hope for you.  It slips out every now and then.  But has been known to go into hiding for weeks at time.  We'll take it slow. :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

will his businesses be utilizing some of these same measures?

I'm sure they will.  Or, are we still going with "he's a stupid multi-billionaire"?

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And I agree 100%...what a load of god damn bullshit.  We have plenty of the talent here at the ready.  Saying it doesn't exist here so you can pay less to a foreigner is a slap in the god damn face.  All it says is that an organization isn't interested in paying the fair and standard wage for their open position.  This is one of the excuses companies use before they pick their shit up and ship out.  

yeah it'll be interesting to see what really happens here, if anything.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

yeah it'll be interesting to see what really happens here, if anything.

It depends on how much the opposition force (Dem party) can goof it up.  We know they are gonna do all they can....to spite him, while punishing all of Americans in the name of VENGEANCE!  Or is it "The Russians" still?  Both?

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, I didn't expect you to completely abandon your fellow site morons. :lol:  I guess I still don't see why you ladies have a problem with him speaking to the masses.  Obama didn't do that...all the time?  Or, that was for the good of all Americans, right?  I'm trying to decide if there is hope for you.  It slips out every now and then.  But has been known to go into hiding for weeks at time.  We'll take it slow. :lmao:

I'm sure they will.  Or, are we still going with "he's a stupid multi-billionaire"?

Obama had a fraction of the amount of "rallies" and called an egomaniac because of them. but like everything else, you rwws are silent now, when it's 50 times worse.

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Obama had a fraction of the amount of "rallies" and called an egomaniac. but like everything out, you rwws are silent now, when it's 50 times worse.

Not by me.  I thought they were and are a good idea.  Anytime a politician gets out from behind his desk I am all for it.  Don't hate Trump for continuing to build support by doing so.  But if you do, you aren't alone...the entire Dem party is with you...and funny enough, some R's too!

Is this good or bad? Id say 75% of my labor is immigrants. Polish, Ukranian and Hispanic. If they left our industry wouldnt have anybody to do the work. Its too hard for most US born faggots. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not by me.  I thought they were and are a good idea.  Anytime a politician gets out from behind his desk I am all for it.  Don't hate Trump for continuing to build support by doing so.  But if you do, you aren't alone...the entire Dem party is with you...and funny enough, some R's too!

he's doing exactly what I said he'd be doing - at home playing with toys, getting cheers in front of his base, goofing off with twitter, watching fox news, flying to mar a lago....all the while his cabinet members are flying around doing the tough part of the job. that way he'll take the credit when something goes well, and blame someone else if not.

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Is this good or bad? Id say 75% of my labor is immigrants. Polish, Ukranian and Hispanic. If they left our industry wouldnt have anybody to do the work. Its too hard for most US born faggots. 

they're likely not h1-b visa workers. imo this is very good, if something actually happens with it.

Edited by Snoslinger

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

they're likely not h1-b visa workers. imo this is very good, if something actually happens with it.

No my guys arent H1 visa workers, they have resident cards. Just saying that if all non-naturalized citizens were given notice we would be fucked. :lol: 

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

he's doing exactly what I said he'd be doing - at home playing with toys, getting cheers in front of his base, goofing off with twitter, watching fox news, all the while his cabinet members are flying around doing the tough part of the job. that way he'll take the credit when something goes well, and blame someone else if not.

What are cabinet members for?  They are doing their jobs.  What were Obama's people doing 3 months into the job?  What was Obama doing?  Oh I know.....blaming Bush and figuring out a stimulous package to keep the natives thinking he had a real plan.  How'dTHAT work out? :lol:

Fact is...and I've said this multiple times...and backed it up the same.  If we would have elected driveway gravel, our recovery would have been faster and stronger.  But, at least I don't sit in some hypocritical shit box like what I am seeing from your side (even WORSE than what I saw from the R side..and that is ASTONISHING) I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt until about his three year mark....when I knew for sure he was a fuck head.

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

No my guys arent H1 visa workers, they have resident cards. Just saying that if all non-naturalized citizens were given noticed we would be fucked. :lol: 

Then Ballsack has a problem with your operation...apparently.  Or he doesn't know. :dunno:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Then Ballsack has a problem with your operation...apparently.  Or he doesn't know. :dunno:

I have a picture of Vince with one of my employees hanging in our office. He is a bald mexican guy about the same height as Vince. 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

will his businesses be utilizing some of these same measures?

Fuck no, his properties and Mar a Lago in particular is loaded with H-2B workers :lol: Oh I know H-2B aren't the highest paying jobs, but who needs the jobs more than poor Americans????

Think Trump Will Be Tough on Immigration? Consider His Company’s Use of Guest Workers 

by DAVID SEMINARA

February 26, 2016 12:42 PM

A huge part of Donald Trump’s surge to the top of the polls in the GOP-nomination race is the perception that he’s going to be tough on immigration. Exit polls from a number of states have shown that he’s the favored candidate among voters who believe that immigration is one of the most serious issues we face as a nation. But voters who think Trump will take a tough stand on immigration — legal, illegal, visas, and guest workers — should consider his company’s hiring track record. Last year, Reuters and some local media outlets in South Florida reported that Trump’s company has used more than 1,100 guest workers via the H-2B visa program, which is for seasonal, unskilled, non-agricultural jobs. And on Thursday, the New York Times published an investigative piece detailing how extensively Trump’s signature Mar-a-Lago Club in South Florida has utilized guest workers.

I wrote an in-depth report on H-2Bs in 2010, and I interviewed many H-2B visa applicants as a Foreign Service officer. The H-2B program is more or less despised by both sides of the immigration debate. The human-rights community considers the program legalized slavery, and those who advocate stricter immigration enforcement believe that H-2B workers contribute to unemployment and wage stagnation for U.S. workers. But the business community loves this program because it brings them cheap, reliable labor — people who can’t quit or demand better working conditions.

RELATED: Donald Trump Thinks American Workers Aren’t Good Enough for the Trump Organization Trump’s company is certainly not alone in leaning on this program for guest workers. And I’m sure his supporters will wonder why the media hasn’t shown much interest in covering other companies that use and abuse the guest-worker program. But when you put yourself out there as a guy who is going to champion American workers, as Trump has, you had better be prepared to defend your company’s hiring practices. For his part, Trump has claimed, essentially, that it’s hard to find good help these days, and that since this program is legal, there is nothing wrong. I suspect that very few voters will buy this argument.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431978/donald-trumps-h-2b-guest-workers-mar-lago-club

You've chosen to ignore content by Zambroski. Options 

50 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have a picture of Vince with one of my employees hanging in our office. He is a bald mexican guy about the same height as Vince. 

Poor Z so stupid, so Momo like, so sad :lol::lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

huuuuh??        shempbio.gif                         

Edited by old indy