looser rules for the mentally ill to carry firearms. p

11 minutes ago, Dave said:

Very true....but woolard has started threads etc....for zoso and others to be kicked off the site.....big difference.

I think the one thing most everyone on this site can agree upon, and that is the fact shortsale is a whining bitch.

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Absolutely. Anyone getting treated for mental illness should be identified and not be able to buy. Cops should immediately go and seize any guns they currently have as well. :news:

so in your world some woman who had a kid got post pardon depression got some clonazepam for 6 mo should be band for life for ever owning a firearm ? what planit do u people live on . and one who has taken any antidepressants in there life should be banned? well then start the gathering proses because about 1/3 of American would be guilty       

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

so in your world some woman who had a kid got post pardon depression got some clonazepam for 6 mo should be band for life for ever owning a firearm ? what planit do u people live on . and one who has taken any antidepressants in there life should be banned? well then start the gathering proses because about 1/3 of American would be guilty       

women shouldn't be allowed to own guns to begin with,  they belong barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen serving their man.  

1 minute ago, Dave said:

:lol:

letting women vote has destroyed society,  time they learn their place again.  I'm glad my daughter knows that women are subserviant to men

just wish i could get the wife to understand that as well

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

letting women vote has destroyed society,  time they learn their place again.  I'm glad my daughter knows that women are subserviant to men

You better start covering your private parts while youre sleeping. :lmao:

Edited by Dave

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Virginia Tech, to Sandy Hook. NRA still has you dummies suckered.

I'm still liking Bin Laden for payrolling the NRA. 

So you are saying that Democrats and Muslims shouldn't be allowed to have guns?  Good post....finally.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Women's independence has destroyed the family unit and emasculated men. Look at all of the cat and Yamaha riders. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So you are saying that Democrats and Muslims shouldn't be allowed to have guns?  Good post....finally.

Nah. I'm saying any private citizen that is stupid enough to think owning a gun will make them safer, shouldn't be allowed to have one.

But don't get me wrong. I've known for a long time that Americans won't figure it out. I'm just grateful that they are setting such a shining example. There is a small misinformed gun lobby in Canada. Those stupid fucks will never get any traction as long as you whacko's keep killing each other. 

Honestly if Sandy hook didn't win the argument, nothing will. 

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Nah. I'm saying any private citizen that is stupid enough to think owning a gun will make them safer, shouldn't be allowed to have one.

But don't get me wrong. I've known for a long time that Americans won't figure it out. I'm just grateful that they are setting such a shining example. There is a small misinformed gun lobby in Canada. Those stupid fucks will never get any traction as long as you whacko's keep killing each other. 

The gun registry worked so well,for Canaduh:lol: 

Edited by Sleepr2

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Sounds like you like the Islam.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

does anyone really expect the nra to go along with anything that would result in less gun sales?

The  NRA supported trump, gun sales are down 30% since Trump took office. Now Obama, there is a guy that got people to the gun stores with their wallets out. Probably the best gun sales person in decades and no support from the NRA..:ashamed:

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

The only reason to own a gun is to "make them safer"? :lol: 

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

The  NRA supported trump, gun sales are down 30% since Trump took office. Now Obama, there is a guy that got people to the gun stores with their wallets out. Probably the best gun sales person in decades and no support from the NRA..:ashamed:

I was looking at gun sales and gun stocks yesterday during the last 8.  Obama was the best gun salesman EVER!  Amazing actually.

14 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I couldn't even respond.  When you are scared of everything, you think everyone else has to be too I guess.

17 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

clearly,  complete federal gun registry of all weapons,  tied into the prescription database as well so once you fill a prescription for medication for your mental illness an alert is sent to the local PD so they can meet you at the door when you get back to take your weapons.  I will say we should let them keep any muskets since thats their constitutional right though.  

Yes because cell phones and computers weren't listed in the constitution so the govt shouldn't need a warrant to search those.   I love the musket argument to the 2nd amendment. :lol:    

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I was looking at gun sales and gun stocks yesterday during the last 8.  Obama was the best gun salesman EVER!  Amazing actually.

I couldn't even respond.  When you are scared of everything, you think everyone else has to be too I guess.

It's obvious he's a completely scared of guns and only looks at them as a tool for killing. Anyone who owns a gun, in his eyes, will kill someone sooner or later :fluffy:

14 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I am all for ensuring those who should not have gun, do not. But you asked what is a good way of doing that. There is not one. Prior history of violence associated with your illness, you shouldn't be able to have guns until a doctor clears you. But if you have been diagnosed and have not had any issues, how do you draw the line? Impossible to do so without inherently removing the rights of many. Tough choice. Wouldn't want to make it. 

^^^^This^^^^

The fact remains there is not defined link between mental illness and gun violence.  There are many more things that are stronger links.   For example being associated with gangs, drugs and alcohol use.  Being fired from a job.   I stand by my argument that if someone is mentally unstable enough to take away their right to own guns then most likely they are mentally unstable enough to roam free in society.   Those that want to kill will just find a way period.  But hey lets continue to ignore the facts associated around mental health issues and label them all as dangerous. :wall:

Edited by Highmark

29 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes because cell phones and computers weren't listed in the constitution so the govt shouldn't need a warrant to search those.   I love the musket argument to the 2nd amendment. :lol:    

Yeah....because the 2nd amendment was put in there to guarantee we can always hunt for food. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's obvious he's a completely scared of guns and only looks at them as a tool for killing. Anyone who owns a gun, in his eyes, will kill someone sooner or later :fluffy:

NONE of my guns were made for anything but that.....but they don't make me "feel safe", they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and give me a god damn boner just looking at them! :lmao: Ahhh....Americans, we love us some mutha fucking guns!  Canadians just trust their government so...so much! :lmao:  I wonder why that registry thing didn't work out so well for them?  HEAD SCRATCHER!  The truth of the future for the Canadian liberal has come to light after Brexit our own little shit show...and they are furious about it!

15 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I am all for ensuring those who should not have gun, do not. But you asked what is a good way of doing that. There is not one. Prior history of violence associated with your illness, you shouldn't be able to have guns until a doctor clears you. But if you have been diagnosed and have not had any issues, how do you draw the line? Impossible to do so without inherently removing the rights of many. Tough choice. Wouldn't want to make it. 

agreed, but not sure if highmark or others would go along with it. let's say a neighbor knows of a demented man living next door, who's showing signs of concerns - rages, threatening people, loner (basically all the shit that is found out occasionally after something terrible happens). should he be reported, evaluated, and put on a list preventing him from buying guns? I think so, but again, how do you "draw the line"?

I suspect this like many other situations regarding conservatives. when something bad happens, they're ok with some of the tougher legislations to prevent it, up until it's actually time to make it happen, then panic sets in :lol:

16 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

agreed, but not sure if highmark or others would go along with it. let's say a neighbor knows of a demented man living next door, who's showing signs of concerns - rages, threatening people, loner (basically all the shit that is found out occasionally after something terrible happens). should he be reported, evaluated, and put on a list preventing him from buying guns? I think so, but again, how do you "draw the line"?

I have no problem with a history of violence stopping gun ownership but that should be anyone convicted not just those with mental illness.   There simply isn't the evidence or a link to mental illness and gun crime, if so post it up.

Right or wrong you tie it strictly to mental illness nobody will seek help.   Then you don't know if they are mentally unstable or not.  My point remains there needs to be a certain level of proof like a conviction.   Anyone can call the police and claim a neighbor they don't like "threatened" them whether they actually did or not.     

There is a big difference between the likes of James Holmes and someone who is simply depressed or suffering from PTSD after deployment.  Mental illness carries a huge stigma already.   We broad brush them all as incapable of carrying a firearm and it only gets worse.   Any laws regarding MI and guns needs to be written extremely cautiously and cannot be done without breaking the physician-patient privilege.  Thats a pretty big hurdle to get over.  

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member

Tie the 2nd to voting.  If you aren't allowed to vote then you shouldn't be able to own a gun.  If you aren't allowed to own a gun you shouldn't be able to vote.  Voting is prolly the single most dangerous and deadly thing that people do.