looser rules for the mentally ill to carry firearms. p

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

does anyone really expect the nra to go along with anything that would result in less gun sales?

They endorsed trump which means less gun sales.....  if NRA wants to keep gun sales at astronomical numbers they need a republican congress with a democrat president and a split Supreme Court.  Republican majority, republican president and 6-3 Supreme Court (will happen during the trump admin) is the worst possible formula for gun sales and the formula endorsed and advocated by the NRA.

By endorsing republicans you are really advocating for less gun sales.  If you want more gun sales you vote for democrats

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep as soon as gun restrictions are tied to mental health watch the diagnosis of the mentally ill expand and expand.   Before you know it everyone is mentally ill in one way or another.  Even right now you better be god damn careful what you say to a doctor.  Next they will want to take your guns if someone in your bloodline (mother, father, aunt, uncle) has mental health issues.  

It'd be safe to say that anybody who has visited a "shrink" asked to visit one, or is taking some type of legally prescribed mental stimulant or depressant could easily be identified with records and be placed under the broad classification of "mentally impaired".  I'd guess this could cover about half of our adult population immediately.

And you are 100 fucking percent correct.  People should always be damn careful about what the tell the doctor or anybody that keeps a record of ones "well being".  

56 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I can't tell if some of you posts are "real" or not.  So, assuming this is "real", anybody seeking any help for any mental conditions should have their rights AND property taken away?

clearly,  complete federal gun registry of all weapons,  tied into the prescription database as well so once you fill a prescription for medication for your mental illness an alert is sent to the local PD so they can meet you at the door when you get back to take your weapons.  I will say we should let them keep any muskets since thats their constitutional right though.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

clearly,  complete federal gun registry of all weapons,  tied into the prescription database as well so once you fill a prescription for medication for your mental illness an alert is sent to the local PD so they can meet you at the door when you get back to take your weapons.  I will say we should let them keep any muskets since thats their constitutional right though.  

Makes sense!  Wait.......I think I'm a liberal now.  :suicide:

:lol:

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  It's an "us against them" mentality.  And it really doesn't matter the subject:  Any and all ideas now meet an opposition party whose job it is just to be the opposition.  And the sheeple abide by their party's nightly broadcast opposition and talking points.

Side:  I read a nice article on how much time Maddow (and other "news"), was spending connecting the dots on the whole "Russia!" thing......it was ridiculously funny.  Meanwhile....apparently nothing else is happening that matters.  Oops.

Yup.

LOL,  I was reading an article yesterday that was now blaming the media for Hillary's loss. they said 80% of her coverage was negative vs 40% for Trump.

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep as soon as gun restrictions are tied to mental health watch the diagnosis of the mentally ill expand and expand.   Before you know it everyone is mentally ill in one way or another.  Even right now you better be god damn careful what you say to a doctor.  Next they will want to take your guns if someone in your bloodline (mother, father, aunt, uncle) has mental health issues.  

No bullshit!  

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

people like moemoe and short sale are on ssri's, they will be disqualified in the future.

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I was reading an article yesterday that was now blaming the media for Hillary's loss. they said 80% of her coverage was negative vs 40% for Trump.

What the fucking fuck? 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Pretty sure it was SALON. I will post it up if I can find it.  Pretty amusing.  

I read and watched some video on it.  Some muckity muck in some high postition at the Dem fuckery clearly said it was the media's fault for portraying Clinton in a bad light......and I laughed and I laughed.  So did the interviewers. :lol:

I guess they are running out of others to blame for their own disaster.  So, time to "bite the hand".  What a circus.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I read and watched some video on it.  Some muckity muck in some high postition at the Dem fuckery clearly said it was the media's fault for portraying Clinton in a bad light......and I laughed and I laughed.  So did the interviewers. :lol:

I guess they are running out of others to blame for their own disaster.  So, time to "bite the hand".  What a circus.

Not one of them will ever admit is was her. The fact she was so very corrupt that she was simply not a choice for anyone with even one little bit of self respect.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

You think this was fair?

The Obama administration policy "would have required the Social Security Administration to report the records of some mentally ill beneficiaries to the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System," 

As we have reported, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, a leading supporter of the rule's repeal, has stated that "if a specific individual is likely to be violent due to the nature of their mental illness, then the government should have to prove it."

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Boered said:

people like moemoe and short sale are on ssri's, they will be disqualified in the future.

Listen to the unemployed layabout who lives off his wife, and lies about the trucks he doesnt' own.  Such a hateful, toxic piece of shit you are.  Hopefully another stroke finishes you off once and for all.  Your posting history alone would preclude you from owning a fire arm if laws like that were ever instituted. :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Listen to the unemployed layabout who lives off his wife, and lies about the trucks he doesnt' own.  Such a hateful, toxic piece of shit you are.  Hopefully another stroke finishes you off once and for all.  Your posting history alone would preclude you from owning a fire arm if laws like that were ever instituted. :lol: 

Looks like poor shortsale has blown a gasket again. Better head on back to the safe space you had to have created for you. Oh, and pay your fucking bills you loser.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Always the victim....

2 minutes ago, Boered said:

Looks like poor shortsale has blown a gasket again. Better head on back to the safe space you had to have created for you. Oh, and pay your fucking bills you loser.

Oh, I think we see who's blown his gasket again. :news:   Zosos off his meds again.  Shocker.  

Just now, Dave said:

Always the victim....

From here, looks like the only ones playing victim here are Zoso and you, it obvious your lives are pretty pathetic.   My god you are one ugly sonabitch, especially now with that quarter sized dent in your forehead. :lol: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh, I think we see who's blown his gasket again. :news:   Zosos off his meds again.  Shocker.  

From here, looks like the only ones playing victim here are Zoso and you, it obvious your lives are pretty pathetic.   My god you are one ugly sonabitch, especially now with that quarter sized dent in your forehead. :lol: 

It is you that is on drugs, you and your buddy moemoe are both admitted depressed people that take ssri drugs to try and feel normal. Clearly they messed up the dosage.

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

How does that post make Wolfie a victim? :dunno:

He bitches about zoso and whoever....but yet he doesn't ignore him and chooses to engage.....he is just as bad....or actually worse imo.

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Dave said:

He bitches about zoso and whoever....but yet he doesn't ignore him and chooses to engage.....he is just as bad....or actually worse imo.

And how does this make him a victim? Most of us bitch about things and yet continue to engage, its what makes this island of misfit toys so hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

And how does this make him a victim? Most of us bitch about things and yet continue to engage, its what makes this island of misfit toys so hilarious.

Very true....but woolard has started threads etc....for zoso and others to be kicked off the site.....big difference.

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

prior to trump, most everyone, including highmark if I recall, was OK with preventions to stop mentally impaired people from getting guns. what would be a good way to do that?

I am all for ensuring those who should not have gun, do not. But you asked what is a good way of doing that. There is not one. Prior history of violence associated with your illness, you shouldn't be able to have guns until a doctor clears you. But if you have been diagnosed and have not had any issues, how do you draw the line? Impossible to do so without inherently removing the rights of many. Tough choice. Wouldn't want to make it. 

• Like 1