So, the doctor that was dragged off that united flight?

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

of course they had the right to remove him don't be an idiot.  no different than any business owner being able to tell someone to get the fuck out

21 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah the whole O'Hare airport cops and Chicago cops thing is kinda fucked.

Bottom line is united had no right to remove him in the first place, so the cops never should have been there.

United, on Tuesday, appeared to backtrack from prior statements that the flight with Dr. Dao aboard — heading from O’Hare in Chicago to Louisville, Ky. — was overbooked.

Instead, Megan McCarthy, a spokeswoman for United, said the flight was full and then crew members, who were scheduled to operate a flight Monday morning from Louisville to Newark, N.J., needed seats on the plane. If the crew members had not been allowed to board, Ms. McCarthy said, the Monday morning flight would have been canceled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/business/united-airline-passenger-overbooked-flights.html

Since the flight was not actually overbooked, but instead only fully booked, with the exact number of passengers as seats available, United Airlines had no legal right to force any passengers to give up their seats to prioritize others. What United did was give preference to their employees over people who had reserved confirmed seats,  which would have been a violation of 14 CFR 250.2a (if the flight  were overbooked, as United had originally claimed). Since Dr. Dao was already seated, it was clear that his seat had already been "reserved" and "confirmed" to accommodate him specifically.

https://www.inc.com/cynthia-than/the-controversial-united-airlines-flight-was-not-overbooked-and-why-that-matters.html

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

United, on Tuesday, appeared to backtrack from prior statements that the flight with Dr. Dao aboard — heading from O’Hare in Chicago to Louisville, Ky. — was overbooked.

Instead, Megan McCarthy, a spokeswoman for United, said the flight was full and then crew members, who were scheduled to operate a flight Monday morning from Louisville to Newark, N.J., needed seats on the plane. If the crew members had not been allowed to board, Ms. McCarthy said, the Monday morning flight would have been canceled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/business/united-airline-passenger-overbooked-flights.html

Since the flight was not actually overbooked, but instead only fully booked, with the exact number of passengers as seats available, United Airlines had no legal right to force any passengers to give up their seats to prioritize others. What United did was give preference to their employees over people who had reserved confirmed seats,  which would have been a violation of 14 CFR 250.2a (if the flight  were overbooked, as United had originally claimed). Since Dr. Dao was already seated, it was clear that his seat had already been "reserved" and "confirmed" to accommodate him specifically.

https://www.inc.com/cynthia-than/the-controversial-united-airlines-flight-was-not-overbooked-and-why-that-matters.html

:lol:What a bunch of shit heads.

A cracked head and a few lost teeth....MILLIONS!  And that little nip isn't even a hockey player!

:lmao:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:What a bunch of shit heads.

A cracked head and a few lost teeth....MILLIONS!  And that little nip isn't even a hockey player!

:lmao:

No, he's a fucking doctor and he fathered four more. At first glance, a model fucking citizen. 

Probably more American than you are. And you're big dopey white stupid ass has the gall to run him down and call him a racial slur.

This is how the fucking Nazis talked. Fucking disgusting.

Just now, motonoggin said:

No, he's a fucking doctor and he fathered four more. At first glance, a model fucking citizen. 

Probably more American than you are. And you're big dopey white stupid ass has the gall to run him down and call him a racial slur.

This is how the fucking Nazis talked. Fucking disgusting.

Simmer down with your fuck-tardery and hypocrisy.  Lighten up!  Remember, you are going to need me and my kind to train you and your kind to kill liberals when the blesssd day of reckoning comes calling.  Sadly, some of you will need to be used as decoys....or doorstops.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Plus all the police officers involved in this mess have been suspended with pay , pending a shitcago  police cover up union investigation.

Suspended WITH PAY.  Never understood that.  "Here's a nice vacation for being a fuck head."

6 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Plus all the police officers involved in this mess have been suspended with pay , pending a shitcago  police cover up union investigation.

The city of Chicago pays hundreds of millions in police brutality cases. I'm sure they are taking it very seriously. 

11 minutes ago, Dave said:

Bottom line is..its uniteds plane...they ask you to get off...you get off....the other people didnt have an issue.

You let people charge you for shit that you don't ever receive on a regular basis?

46 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You let people charge you for shit that you don't ever receive on a regular basis?

Im sure he would have been refunded or let on another flight and you know that you would think.

Quit being obtuse.

7 minutes ago, Dave said:

Im sure he would have been refunded or let on another flight and you know that you would think.

Quit being obtuse.

He didnt pay to be on another flight ....he paid to be delivered at a scheduled time by that flight ......pretty fucking simple

If you are hungry and go sit down in a bar a grill for dinner , pre pay for your meal and make your order.........then get tossed out and promised a meal at another time????

You gonna allow that?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Wait, so your telling me the media didn't do their job and verify the truthfulness BEFORE reporting something as fact? Shocking!

I live in United's hometown and I have not seen any press where United has tried to discredit Dao.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He didnt pay to be on another flight ....he paid to be delivered at a scheduled time by that flight ......pretty fucking simple

If you are hungry and go sit down in a bar a grill for dinner , pre pay for your meal and make your order.........then get tossed out and promised a meal at another time????

Real simple :bc: 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not much i can do....take it or leave it i guess....or do you suppose i come back and blow the place up?

Edited by Dave

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

Wasnt simple though....

It was simple ....the airline and their security fucked it up real bad and now they will pay the man million and millions of dollars

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I live in United's hometown and I have not seen any press where United has tried to discredit Dao.

It still stands the media failed to properly vet information, as usual. 

28 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Of course they're not going to do it themselves, they have people for that.

Hell, I bet there's a PR firm that specializes in that sort of thing.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It was simple ....the airline and their security fucked it up real bad and now they will pay the man million and millions of dollars

Chump change...

Whats simple is if you are told to get off or out of someones property whether you paid or not....you gtfo....you have the right to be there if they want you there....end of story.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Whats simple is if you are told to get off or out of someones property whether you paid or not....you gtfo....you have the right to be there if they want you there....end of story.

No. There are rules for doing so if you've taken someone's money and agreed to provide a specific service at a specific time.

Otherwise businesses could just fucking rob you whenever the fuck they wanted.

Just now, motonoggin said:

No. There are rules for doing so if you've taken someone's money and agreed to provide a specific service at a specific time.

Otherwise businesses could just fucking rob you whenever the fuck they wanted.

They do....and you can fight them if you want...but sure as shit...if you paid to be in my house or whatever and I wanted you out and you declined to leave...you would be removed....very simple.

33 minutes ago, Dave said:

They do....and you can fight them if you want...but sure as shit...if you paid to be in my house or whatever and I wanted you out and you declined to leave...you would be removed....very simple.

Your house isn't a fucking plane seat someone already paid for and you are contractually obligated to honor, but ok